Skip to main content

Martin Place evacuated, hostages held at Lindt Cafe

I was hesitant to post it but I will edit the post.
What you wrote just gave me chills.

Its hard not to post it (should be fine here, I think they just talking about shares on social media) and obviously no one knew this earlier on, but when I read her nieces pleadeding for people to pull it down, I was the same!

I'd say the phrases, the writing style and "sympathetic" wording (i.e. small and simple requests) clued them into it not being her who wrote it

i would be very hesitant of believing any post that has come from the 'hostages' given that the cops have for sure disabled the internet in the area.

i would be very hesitant of believing any post that has come from the 'hostages' given that the cops have for sure disabled the internet in the area.
Why would they disable the Internet? Wouldn't they want to hear from them, in any shape or form?

1. one hostage taker has already lost containment of the hostages. hence the escapees
2. dont blame muslims
3. one hostage taker has to sleep and pee.... hence the escapees.
4. dont blame muslims
5. blame this one fucktard and not the whole religion

7. i wish the cops would go in and kill the hostage taker. there is no 6.

Why would they disable the Internet? Wouldn't they want to hear from them, in any shape or form?
Yeah they're not disabling the internet. If they were then we wouldn't have selfies 'from the scene'. They've said from the beginning that he's using hostages to get his info out to the media. He even encouraged some - I suspect Marcia might've been one of them - to contact family and friends via SM. Ch 9 even did a whole dissertation on it - as in why wouldn't he speak directly to the cops or media himself?

1. one hostage taker has already lost containment of the hostages. hence the escapees
2. dont blame muslims
3. one hostage taker has to sleep and pee.... hence the escapees.
4. dont blame muslims
5. blame this one fucktard and not the whole religion

7. i wish the cops would go in and kill the hostage taker. there is no 6.

They could've taken him out hours ago if they wanted to. They were in the back door when they were helping to shuffle people out. Until they find the two brothers they won't do it. And yes, don't blame Muslims. This guy and those helping him are fucking nutters. Not representative of the everyday Muslims we see in our lives and despise this supposed act of loyalty to their religion.

Ch 9 just said they've talked to several of the hostages at the behest of the hostage taker. They heard his voice in the background telling them what to say. But again they're not going to release his demands.

It's 11 pm... I feel so bad for the remaining hostages. They must be so drained. I'm praying that when I wake up in the morning and I check the internet that read that this thing has been resolved and no one has been hurt.

Again they're saying there were two ladies who contacted 9 News with the gunman in the background. The first was calm, the second agitated as the gunman in the background was getting fired up that nothing had happened after his first set of demands.

Tweet the hashtag #illridewithyou to show your support for normal, everyday Aussie Muslims who don't support this bullshit. It's already trending worldwide but more support can always be used.

Back