Skip to main content

Love Island Australia - Coming to 9Go & 9Now

Diversity is good, but we don't get much on dating shows because they are so lame, and a lot of cultures would shun someone for going on the trashier RTV shows.

And hey, if you have watched BB, Bach in Paradise, any Bach franchise...same people.....they think they are wonderful, but are just plastic and creepy.

@Affable....ever see the Brit one?
It was hilarious, and kind of like old BB.....there were maybe 2 or 3 really pretty peeps, the rest, average
Look at the creeps they have lined up.....that should not challenge your personal ego....bet they have the combined brain power of a 5 year old......honestly soooooooo dim, looks like a few roid addicts.

I would never audition for one of these dating shows. I don't think any intelligent person would go on a show like this. So I think you have a point there. Who knows though? They may surprise me. Even though it is highly doubtful.

I haven't seen the British version. There is too much reality television already and Love Island isn't one that really interests me. I doubt any of these guys on the show are well educated. Doubt that any of the girls are either. I saw Grant (I think that is his name) on the commercial and he reminded me of Travis from Big Brother. That was a good laugh. If I ever need an Electrician though, I know who I am looking for. :hilarious:

Yes, the lack of diversity is disappointing, however trashy the show. Survivor manages to find the right balance.

It doesn't make me feel less attractive because I know that these model types don't represent real life, and I wouldn't want to be as "perfect" as they are. They have all the sex appeal of hairless Ken & Barbie dolls, and probably have plastic bumps too.

Survivor seems to be one of those rarities. Big Brother did it sometimes but I wouldn't say that they did it near enough.

Not too sure about these models and their representation on life. I do wonder what they end up doing once they are done with their modelling. Some of them have jobs. Modelling won't last forever I assume.

I think I just stereotyped these contestants negatively anyway by watching and scoffing at some of thier job titles going yeah right sure you are a.... So I guess maybe looking that fake plastic and trashy comes with the fact nobody takes you seriously. Something shows like this based on advertising like that don't help.

I thought it would go without saying they are all promo models and social media influencers?

Reactions: kxk
The psyche guy is wrong tho, the girls get to order boys around and vice versa, it actually depends on ya personality, ie are you submissive or dominant, are you introvert or extro, etc
The super bimbo girls play stupid games and drive the boys nuts......it felt like watching 14 year olds
Brit one was primarily comedy and very light , it really isn't that perverted, just like watching a party sort of

And all so brainless, exception one girl was a bomb disposal person...but she acted stupid too

Oh well, just mean don't be put off thinking you will feel bad watching people in swimsuits (a few aint all that anyway I see)
You are superior to these people, who may be from brothels I reckon...9 is going to slime this up MAFS style, so maybe you are right and it will be unwatchable...still going to check it out

the psyche guy should get a medal for services to humanity for warning the public about this immoral degenerate trash. we need television that lifts the hearts of the people, not drags it down to the muddy trash of disrepute.

Back