Skip to main content

Love Island Australia - Coming to 9Go & 9Now

One of the guys on the ad said that he was just in the ad and won't be on the show.

I would say that the people on the ad are therefore not the cast of the show.

One of the guys on the ad said that he was just in the ad and won't be on the show.

I would say that the people on the ad are therefore not the cast of the show.

Yeah, they all looked like models.

Davina is the only celebrity name I've seen so far.

...so when is Love Muscle Island starting?.... if it's on Channel 9 that means that it's going to be total shit... any time that Channel 9 do a reality show it's just a clusterfuck of pure drivel... I can't wait............................................................................ to miss it... cheers.

...so when is Love Muscle Island starting?.... if it's on Channel 9 that means that it's going to be total shit... any time that Channel 9 do a reality show it's just a clusterfuck of pure drivel... I can't wait............................................................................ to miss it... cheers.

I already think of it as 'Love Spuds'. It's likely to make Bachelor In Paradise look like Downton Abbey.

I won't be watching either....

...this show will most likely take the same route as this Channel 9 failure from last year I imagine... (from this website below)...

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...-reality-romance-tv-wave-20170511-gw2981.html

Channel Nine's Last Resort fails to ride the reality romance TV wave

By Rob Moran
Updated11 May 2017 — 1:38pmfirst published at 10:41am

Some may call the whole genre immoral dross, but when it comes to reality TV, Australian audiences are a discerning bunch – and watching Nine's Last Resort appears to be just that.

Nine's attempts to follow-up the success of their breakout reality hit Married At First Sight have floundered spectacularly, with their new primetime reality offering suffering a dismal debut.

1493605872713.jpg

Trailer: The Last Resort
Five long-term couples head to 'Hope Island' in a desperate bid to save their relationships while the cameras capture every excruciating minute.

Last Resort - which sends five broken couples to a luxury resort in Fiji for a month, with the apparent premise of counselling them back to love via dinner party shouting matches - opened to just 414,000 viewers (5-city metro) on Tuesday, falling to fourth in its timeslot and failing to make the night's top 20 programs.

Its debut was lower than that of the (then) biggest TV bomb of the year to date, Ten's The Biggest Loser: Transformed, which opened to 450,000 viewers before being dumped to a daytime slot by the network for the remainder of its season.

2018-04-19_22-32-00.jpg

Last Resort's ratings were as lacklustre on Wednesday evening, picking up just 435,000 viewers in its second outing. Topping the same timeslot, Ten's Masterchef Australia earned 876,000 viewers.

The Last Resort takes marriage on the rocks format to paradise, and it's hell

Worse yet, the second episode appeared to jump the shark, with the show's expert relationship coach forcing couples to mock-marry faceless actors in an attempt to make their partners jealous and confront the "reality" of losing them for good.

With the stakes so low, the results were quickly ridiculed online, with viewers criticising the manufactured drama and accusing contestants of breaking into crocodile tears for the cameras.

...Channel 9 have a bad history with Reality shows... sometimes they may actually snag a hit now and then for the short term then eventually us viewers get sick of their obvious manipulation of events until even they can see how pathetic their 'reality' show really is... then it is never seen again... thank god... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Davina? Pur-lease! I'm assuming that is THE Davina - MAFS!
That says it all.
More fish lips and plastic faces.
Please tell me - what do guys actually think of all that, I just don't get it!

Davina? Pur-lease! I'm assuming that is THE Davina - MAFS!
That says it all.
More fish lips and plastic faces.
Please tell me - what do guys actually think of all that, I just don't get it!

...for the life of me February I just don't get it either... deliberately transforming your lips like that and all of those other 'face-fillers' stuff is such the wrong way to go from my own personal perspective anyway... it's like those silly women that deliberately get 'bum insertions' to give them the 'Kim Kardashition bum' ... WTF?... how deluded are they?... they get that done on purpose while she's the 'in thing' so what happens when Kim fades and disappears forever?... as I say... as with you... I don't get it either...

...but... in saying that... if having those types of things done make them feel better within themselves then I do understand to a certain degree as to why they do some of those things... my reason for saying that?... one of our granddaughters was as flat chested as one can be and recently had breast implants and it has really boosted her confidence from within herself... she is no longer a 'wallflower' and she has new added confidence within herself... something that both my sweet darling wife and myself have noticed so well...

...I personally think that if she stops there with just the breast implants and doesn't start doing all of the other stuff that some other girls like above have done then she did it for her own reasons... but if she starts getting all of the other shit done to herself then she's doing it to please other people (in my old fashioned mind anyway)...

...I actually showed her this cartoon after she got it done and she laughed her head off...

image.jpg

...I asked what would she think if this happened happened to her in her old age... her reply?... "well... at least it'll take my husbands eyes off the wrinkles on my face!"... lol!... touche'... funny as!...cheers.

It's good for us watching. But it says a lot about the types of people going on these shows.

“But most people who were educated at a high-school level know these vapid cunts only go on the shows to find mediocre Instagram fame and make a living promoting teeth whiteners and unnecessary cosmetic procedures.”

a final thought at the foot of an article on Bachelor in Paradise, by a writer for the Daily Mail which was accidentally left in and submitted and went straight to publication. Whoops! So true though.
https://www.pedestrian.tv/film-tv/daily-mail-c-bomb-bachelor-paradise/

Back