Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Blade Runner 1 is so fantastic, one of my all time favoirite movie scenes when Ruttger gives his fading death speech

I watched the AbFab movie last night..........sadly hateful, tried and never manages resolution or to be funny

I am a huge AbFab fan, but it is of it's time and needs to stay there, theyjust seem mean and stupid taken out of context from the mean and stupid excess era it was inspired by.
I still love each character, but in isolation, any of them would be fun added into something else, cameo comedy roles for any or all of them, just never together carrying a story on their nasty backs.

Would love this team to write a RTV farce though, Keeping up with Huge Arses")

Witness For The Prosecution- i liked it.

new Murder on The Orient Express however was a bit of a joke. Way too many action scenes, and the main character's accent kept on slipping in and out throughout the movie which was quite distracting.

Tucker and Dale Verses Evil - hilarious. Had no idea as to what it was and had laugh out loud moments from beginning to end. Crazy film.

Upgrade

I really enjoyed this film. I hadn't heard much about it, but I thought it was really good. For people who like sci-fi and some action. Filmed in Melbourne and by one of the aussie guys that created the Saw franchise. Not horror or anything. A little bit of graphic violence.

Upgrade

I really enjoyed this film. I hadn't heard much about it, but I thought it was really good. For people who like sci-fi and some action. Filmed in Melbourne and by one of the aussie guys that created the Saw franchise. Not horror or anything. A little bit of graphic violence.
I heard an interview he did on Triple M last week. From what I heard it seems to be a good movie. Not my thing though.

I heard an interview he did on Triple M last week. From what I heard it seems to be a good movie. Not my thing though.

It wouldn't be everyone's. It's more action filled in the second half. So some people might find it a bit slow to start. However I didn't, I found the near future setting, sci-fi themes, character work ect interesting.

It's got a little bit of Ex Machina vibes to elements of it which is cool. That's an amazing movie if you haven't seen it.

It's definately a film that deserves to do well, being a low budget aussie made sci-fi film. Although not set in Australia.

Being a long time atheist, and without any residual belief in these sorts of things, the demonic sort of horror movies don’t really scare or trouble me, except in the predictable jump cut way. But I saw Hereditary today, and it was... disturbing.

Being a long time atheist, and without any residual belief in these sorts of things, the demonic sort of horror movies don’t really scare or trouble me, except in the predictable jump cut way. But I saw Hereditary today, and it was... disturbing.

...my sweet darling wife and I take turns on which movie we are going to see each time we go to the movies... it was her turn and she chose "Hereditary'... it was the biggest load of twaddle that I have ever had the misfortune to watch in recent years... even my wife said the same thing... if she thinks that it is a shit movie then that's saying something!... the worst part for me was when the so-called 'scary bits' were about to happen the music build up totally gave the 'scare' away before it even happened...

...all the acting from the whole cast was pretty poor and I have to be honest... Toni Collette's acting was way way way overacted as far as I was concerned anyway... I think that halfway through making the movie that she's probably realised that the movie was a dud and tried to save it by overacting her tits off to be honest... if anyone asks me about it I tell them not to bother to waste their money and just to watch this trailer... all of the 'best bits' are in it... that's all you need to see...

...I found it amusing that when the 'scary bits' happened that half of the audience at our session couldn't help but break into laughter... myself included I'm afraid... such was the absurdity of the movie... to say that I disliked this movie would be quite the understatement I can assure you... it was pathetic... oddjob is way more kinder than me in describing this rubbish being the Gentleman that he is lol!... 'disturbing' is a polite word for 'shit' from oddjob I'm sure of it lol!... perhaps I'm being too critical but when I pay good money to watch complete rubbish I then tend to get a tad bit miffed I'm afraid... my sweet darling wife actually apologised to me for making me watch that movie and that is a first for her... but anyway... that's my review... good or bad... cheers.

...my sweet darling wife and I take turns on which movie we are going to see each time we go to the movies... it was her turn and she chose "Hereditary'... it was the biggest load of twaddle that I have ever had the misfortune to watch in recent years... even my wife said the same thing... if she thinks that it is a shit movie then that's saying something!... the worst part for me was when the so-called 'scary bits' were about to happen the music build up totally gave the 'scare' away before it even happened...

...all the acting from the whole cast was pretty poor and I have to be honest... Toni Collette's acting was way way way overacted as far as I was concerned anyway... I think that halfway through making the movie that she's probably realised that the movie was a dud and tried to save it by overacting her tits off to be honest... if anyone asks me about it I tell them not to bother to waste their money and just to watch this trailer... all of the 'best bits' are in it... that's all you need to see...

...I found it amusing that when the 'scary bits' happened that half of the audience at our session couldn't help but break into laughter... myself included I'm afraid... such was the absurdity of the movie... to say that I disliked this movie would be quite the understatement I can assure you... it was pathetic... oddjob is way more kinder than me in describing this rubbish being the Gentleman that he is lol!... 'disturbing' is a polite word for 'shit' from oddjob I'm sure of it lol!... perhaps I'm being too critical but when I pay good money to watch complete rubbish I then tend to get a tad bit miffed I'm afraid... my sweet darling wife actually apologised to me for making me watch that movie and that is a first for her... but anyway... that's my review... good or bad... cheers.

I was going to say the exact same thing about this movie. What a dud. They said it was the scariest thing since The Exorcist. Pffft! I actually got the giggles in the final scene, it was that 'scary'.

I also concur the film wasn't scary. I don't really get scared in films, but I can feel a rush.

I found it kind of slow, but interested to see where it went. My interest peaked when the unexpected thing happened about half way through. It then fumbled that and I was thinking about the narrative because things weren't all that clear. Then it got silly.

THE FAVOURITE..............hmm

Was so looking forward to this, expecting gorgeous witty fun
It is more tragic
1st half is kind of fun, but not enough and in the end.........I was focusing almost entirely on the amazing costume design......
And that is FABULOUS DESIGN...............very Alice in Wonderland, amazing black and white frockage

the-favourite-1.jpg

the-favourite-3.jpg

favourite-film-still-ba.jpg

All quiet on the western front-1930.
adapted from Erich Maria Remarque great novel.
The greatest anti war book about war.

Back