Skip to main content

Interesting Documentaries

China is still a pretty barbaric country with some of its laws. I just wish communism had fallen in China but it seems the old gaurd just can't let go..... Time to embrace Democracy I think . Not that that is a perfect system. I think Democracy is open to more corruption then their present system.

I wonder if democracy can even work with that many people? Think maybe that's what stops the people revolting??
India is struggling.

What I wonder about is all those boys- both India & China, with their boy child obssesions, well they have created ENORMOUS populations of MALES.
What are they going to do with all those males, hmm? Will women get 10 husbands? Or will they just FIGHT! Lots of cannon fodder building with no women.....scary.

I wonder if democracy can even work with that many people? Think maybe that's what stops the people revolting??
India is struggling.

What I wonder about is all those boys- both India & China, with their boy child obssesions, well they have created ENORMOUS populations of MALES.
What are they going to do with all those males, hmm? Will women get 10 husbands? Or will they just FIGHT! Lots of cannon fodder building with no women.....scary.

Maybe China's building an army... of disposable soldiers with that many males to spare.

Ya reckon - duh.

Mud, I love you and your weird ways but honestly just what do you think cannon fodder means & FIGHT???
I didn't spell out army - but that is exactly what I'm putting out there, the enormous amounts of spare males in China & India are VERY CONCERNING for world peace or lack of it.
I do no get why this issue is not worrying everyone.

Apparently in China they already have problems with males raiding villages and voilently abducting any women they find.

Maybe the can loose a few in their new space programs.

But what the hellis going to become of all those males???

Meet the Natives:USA 8.30pm, Wed, ABC 2, repeats.

Anyone caught any of these shows? I have seen 2 of the repeats now.
It's a really charming sweet and interesting series.

Group of natives from Pacific island - I have no idea where they are from yet, but they are adorable. Anyway natives are travelling across USA, and sort of on a quest to find some guy from the navy.

They stay with different families, observing weirdo American customs etc, and speaking soulfully trying to understand stuff like botox & theme parks.
Anyone else watched?
Check it out it's really fun. And the chief is a really cute old dude.

Lots on Discovery for shark week this week, so fascinating

Anyone watch The Truth About Exercise last night?SBS

Radical new stuff, 3mins of SUPER INTENSE exercise a week could be better for you than a marathon, it's fascinating, and for anyone with weight issues it's amust.

summary
Whether it's running, swimming, cycling, or hula hooping, we have always been told that doing regular exercise is one of the keys to a healthy and happy life. Our one-size-fits-all approach to maintaining an active, healthy lifestyle is very rarely questioned, but with recent advances in genetic testing technology and brain stimulation techniques, scientists are uncovering the new and surprising truths about what exercise is really doing to our bodies, and why we all respond to it differently. In this program, Michael Mosley uses himself as a human guinea pig to discover the truth about exercise.

Turns out, some people just don't respond to excercise much at all, some are super responsive.

Arghhh I want to know what sort of person I am, I walk hours every week and go to the gym a couple of times a week. I' much rather do 3 minutes of flat out excercise a week. :O

I wasn't watching properly = that means I see bits whilst doing/folding/sorting washing.

I kind of only zoned in when he was talking about and doing a 20second intense thing, plan to go watch it though.
As I could hear that this is important for all kinds of body stuff like cholesterol etc, just too distracted to listen properly.

Would love to be superfit & muscly. I walk a lot, and lug groceries and stuff, and try to swim a bit.
You must be fit eliza.

I'll have to catch this doco! I thought the accepted wisdom was interval training was the best?

I hate exercising, unless it's repeats of raising a cocktail glass...

Thanks for that link, looks like i might find some docos interesting there.
But the overly dramatic US narrator is yuck, do any of them have nice quiet BBC commentary???

Thanks for that link, looks like i might find some docos interesting there.
But the overly dramatic US narrator is yuck, do any of them have nice quiet BBC commentary???

That made me laugh, we download various figure skating comps from around the world and the US commentary is always OVER THE TOP with lots of woops and histrionics and never ending talking v the Aussie or Euro commentary which is all very factual with lots of not speaking allowing the viewer to enjoy the actual skating without too much distraction.

LOL
I find a lot of American docos unwatchable due to the narrator - and usually the worst histrionic stuff means it's total crap.

Anyone watching the art series about forgeries? Tis awesome, on ABC mondays, last night was especially cool - they uncovered a hidden real Van Dyke under a fake.........owned by one of the shows experts.

Is anyone else watching The Story of Film on SBS?

Quite fascinating, intellectual and lots of interesting stuff, but the commentary is bizarre - sounds like Jimoin, a sleepy cynical Jimoin.
It's hilarious and weird.

And it's like the anti gushy american commentary.

This isn't a documentary but a statement piece done by a lady photographer

A photographer's depiction of societal views of women's skirt length associated with the stereotypes assigned to women.

481356_457639124297632_892639778_n.jpg

This is a very interesting photo and should bring up some lively discussion. It's an actual project that the photographer named in the photo has done.

"A photographer's depiction of societal views of women's skirt length associated with the stereotypes assigned to women."

Bullshit. The photographer is an idiot.

Back