Skip to main content

In The News

And how the hell did this get to air........Alan Jones having a dummy spit

[video=youtube;vUSYkrReu2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUSYkrReu2U[/video]

The thing is Alan Jones made the comments at a dinner for young liberals. When some of the attendees acted a bit shocked by the comments, he basically accused them of being weak and taking it easy on the PM because she is a woman.

He also donated an item for auction (a chaff jacket signed by him) ... as a nod to his comment about how Ms Gillard should be put in a chaff bag and thrown into the ocean.

At first the people involved with the event denied that he made the comments (about Ms Gillard's father), but then had to try a different tack once informed that the speech had actually been recorded. Hmmm, somebody in the Liberal party lying? I wonder if their father will now die of shame too?

I never realised that lying was a recognised cause of death .... if so ... Alan Jones parents must be in grave mortal danger.

As for his (forced apology) ... not the slightest amount of sincerity to be detected there. He's not sorry ... he's just sorry he got caught.

The thing is Alan Jones made the comments at a dinner for young liberals. When some of the attendees acted a bit shocked by the comments, he basically accused them of being weak and taking it easy on the PM because she is a woman.

He also donated an item for auction (a chaff jacket signed by him) ... as a nod to his comment about how Ms Gillard should be put in a chaff bag and thrown into the ocean.

At first the people involved with the event denied that he made the comments (about Ms Gillard's father), but then had to try a different tack once informed that the speech had actually been recorded. Hmmm, somebody in the Liberal party lying? I wonder if their father will now die of shame too?

I never realised that lying was a recognised cause of death .... if so ... Alan Jones parents must be in grave mortal danger.

As for his (forced apology) ... not the slightest amount of sincerity to be detected there. He's not sorry ... he's just sorry he got caught.

I wonder what Tony Abbott will have to say or has he gone MIA?

Tony Abbott wasn't there why would he comment?

Cowie it was a Young Liberal dinner of course he should comment and he has

''Alan's remarks regarding the PM were completely out of line. It's good that he's recognised this and apologised for them,'' Mr Abbott said.

Lame, it was the most insincere apology I have seen in a long time. What the hell did he mean "I'm sorry for repeating the remarks" or whatever the exact phrase was. He is a wretched man.

ADIT: just read the last bit of the story

He said he had heard the "died of shame" remark at a children's party, and likened it to "black-humoured comments" made in the trenches of Gallipoli.

"I shouldn't have repeated the story. I'm old enough and smart enough to know that shouldn't have happened," Jones said.

He is blaming children?

Cowie it was a Young Liberal dinner of course he should comment and he has

Lame, it was the most insincere apology I have seen in a long time. What the hell did he mean "I'm sorry for repeating the remarks" or whatever the exact phrase was. He is a wretched man.

ADIT: just read the last bit of the story

He is blaming children?

Next gaff he'll blame puppies

We don't know that they didn't report it o the police do we?. Ffs lets not start directing anger and blame at innocent people who have themselves experienced a traumatic incident.

It was reported by the media that women had informed them that was what happened.
I am not trying to direct anger............ I am speaking out loud.
FFS yourself..... you tapped or something ? See conspiracy everywhere ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if the women who had been approached by the attacker had reported the approaches and possible attacks , if there would have been no reason for this woman to be raped and murdered. Why did they not report it to the police and instead tell it to the media after she was murdered ? How fucking stupid..... and the consequences of not reporting. If the few women had done so, the would have been more police attention in that area. A life would not have been wasted.

We don't know that they didn't report it o the police do we?. Ffs lets not start directing anger and blame at innocent people who have themselves experienced a traumatic incident.

It was reported by the media that women had informed them that was what happened.
I am not trying to direct anger............ I am speaking out loud.
FFS yourself..... you tapped or something ? See conspiracy everywhere ?

You are calling these women stupid and blaming them for the death of Jill Meagher.

Regardless of whether they did or did not report it, it is not their fault a woman is dead.

No mention of conspiracy from me, just disagreeing with your "speaking out loud".

Next gaff he'll blame puppies

Wouldn't put it past him Mud.

Alan Jones apologises as sponsors pull ads
JONATHAN MARSHALL and PETER BODKIN
The Daily Telegraph
October 01, 201212:00AM
903682-alan-jones.jpg
Alan Jones apologises at a press conference yesterday for saying Julia Gillard's father died of shame, as outraged sponsors threatened to boycott 2GB. Picture: Nikki Short Source: The Daily Telegraph

SPONSORS of the Sydney radio station part-owned by Alan Jones have been inundated with thousands of complaints about the talkback king's comments on the death of Prime Minister Julia Gillard's father

MORE HERE

Last edited:
What gets me most is the fact nobody got up and walked out. Like what he said was disgusting but he is who he is (an idiot, that's well known) but I'm probably more disgusted nobody in that room walked out that's probably a bigger reflection on them.

You are calling these women stupid and blaming them for the death of Jill Meagher.

Regardless of whether they did or did not report it, it is not their fault a woman is dead.

No mention of conspiracy from me, just disagreeing with your "speaking out loud".

YOu really are a problem
Be kind enough to show where I said the women were stupid.
Don't tell me that is one answer to all of the posters. You are replying to me. You read it all wrong and have proceded to attack and swear.
Reason ? I too can disagree..........but you have no reason to swear at me for your error , and I find it offensive when you clearly are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
An apology would be acceptable.
You fucked it up .

According to Sun Herald report yesterday "Since she had to walk down the same track every day in darkness for shift work at a hospital, Ms Scaife decided to go to the police. Shaken, she asked officers at the Brunswick Station where she could buy pepper spray but was told it was a prohibited weapon.

She was not asked to lay an official complaint but was told to call police from her mobile phone if he threatened her again.

Ms Scaife was disappointed that police did not record the incident at the time. ''They should have at least taken a description down as it happened in the same area. I've never felt safe after it happened. It made me feel bad for her, knowing what she went through and knowing how scared I was,'' she said."

also mentioned in the same report, Ms Scaife called crime stoppers when she saw the cctv footage, and nobody responded or got back to her.

I can sort of see that the police would be writing a lot more reports if every meth-head/ bipolar male acting a bit bizarrely towards women was written up - and that they would probably only be adding evidence to the damning lack of action on known threats against women, because they can only act after the guy assaults/ commits a crime, and by then it is too late. On the other hand, there has to be better ways of dealing with the mentally ill than waiting until they commit an assault and leaving it to the police (who are dangerous and hopeless when dealing with mental illness). And I bet the police labelled Ms Scaife's account as 'an unreported incident'.

There is little if any precautionary policing that happens in this country full stop - we don't spend enough.
Pretty much all of our police work is reactionary - ie reacting to crimes committed and capable of being prosecuted.

I am wondering if the women who had been approached by the attacker had reported the approaches and possible attacks , if there would have been no reason for this woman to be raped and murdered. Why did they not report it to the police and instead tell it to the media after she was murdered ? How fucking stupid..... and the consequences of not reporting. If the few women had done so, the would have been more police attention in that area. A life would not have been wasted.

YOu really are a problem
Be kind enough to show where I said the women were stupid.

There you go, smiley_-_your_welcome.gif

nobody would walk out

What gets me most is the fact nobody got up and walked out. Like what he said was disgusting but he is who he is (an idiot, that's well known) but I'm probably more disgusted nobody in that room walked out that's probably a bigger reflection on them.

It was a 58 minute speech without notes from Jones, and after an earlier dinner and a few drinks. Why would anyone walk out? I doubt you would have been the first. Juliar Gillard is the most shameful PM we have ever had.

Thank you for showing me where I said it was stupid. I did NOT say the women were stupid.
You are still getting it wrong. You obviously have a problem. Swearing at someone for somthing that was not there indicates you have a problem.
You are wrong. I disapprove of you swearing at me for having an opinion and expressing it.
Why do you swear when you read it wrong?
Stupid not at women ... you did read that huh ? :)

" sigh" .... and waiting for the next attack.

He's such a creepy man, I have wondered for years how he became so influential, it's like he has blackmailed 9 for a lifetime they are forever letting him spew hot air

Back