Skip to main content

In The News

What gets me most is the fact nobody got up and walked out. Like what he said was disgusting but he is who he is (an idiot, that's well known) but I'm probably more disgusted nobody in that room walked out that's probably a bigger reflection on them.

I agree, while some may have been shocked at his speech none had the courage to react. I've told the Young Liberals what I think of their tweet.

you're joking!

I agree, while some may have been shocked at his speech none had the courage to react. I've told the Young Liberals what I think of their tweet.

Apparently the tape recording shows some reacted with laughter and some reacted with gasps. What more could they do?

An audience after a dinner with drinks expects to be entertained, and perhaps that is what they got.

I could never respect a man who had a daughter with communist views when she was younger, and such a lack of decency now she is an MP.

Apparently the tape recording shows some reacted with laughter and some reacted with gasps. What more could they do?

An audience after a dinner with drinks expects to be entertained, and perhaps that is what they got.

I could never respect a man who had a daughter with communist views when she was younger, and such a lack of decency now she is an MP.

No one is asking you to respect anyone, regardless of anyone's political persuasions, dead relatives are off limits in my opinion. I don't respect a lot of people but I would never use the death of one of their relatives as a way of attacking them.

As to what more could the Young Libs at the dinner have done, well their most senior person in attendance should have shut him down for starters.

the Jones they paid $100 for

No one is asking you to respect anyone, regardless of anyone's political persuasions, dead relatives are off limits in my opinion. I don't respect a lot of people but I would never use the death of one of their relatives as a way of attacking them.

As to what more could the Young Libs at the dinner have done, well their most senior person in attendance should have shut him down for starters.

Relatives of dead politicians off limits? Can't I make rude jokes about Lenins mother? You can compare Gillard and Lenin.

Can you seriously tell me that his joke was different to his calls to put Gillard in a chaff bag and throw her out to sea? If you were at a dinner to hear Alan Jones you would expect this sort of thing, and would look very strange leaving because he made one of his usual controversial and colourful comments.

Shut down the speaker because be is speaking like he usually does? What planet are you from?

A different planet than you obviously.

I guess it is hard for me to put myself in their place because I would never pay $100 to go along and listen to Alan Jones speaking in the first place.

How would you deal with this bernie if indeed the guy is guilty?

What was the victim's position on "Capital Punishment" ? Surely her friends and family would know.

If her position on it was "nup, I don't support it, not even for rapists and murderers" then it certainly would be quite hypocritical for the monster/commandment breaker to be put down for the crimes he committed against her person ... even if he justly deserves such a penalty, don't you think ?

As for AJ's alleged (I've not had a chance to properly read up about that yet) "died of shame" comment, I'm not ashamed to say that it was one of my first thoughts when hearing about Gillard's loss.

I also don't actually see her as being all that different to the monster talked about earlier in this message. After all, AFAIC she has committed far greater betrayals against far more people and has the blood of many hundreds upon her head and hands.

AFAIC she has betrayed the people of Oz, lured the gullible with lies, and deprived the country of liberty, raped our children's future, and disposed of things like "fair go" and "righteousness" in a shallow grave dug hastily in the night.

AFAIC, she too is a monster.

regarDS

My dad who I was very close to died when I was in my 20's, it was the most traumatic experience in my life and nothing in the 20 plus years since he died has come close to making me feel how I did then. As ridiculous as it sounds the loss gave me a ache so bad that it actually physically hurt.

I can't imagine the way I felt is any different to the way others feel when they have had a close family member die.

Clever people can find the words to write or to speak when they want cut down their opponents without having to resort to including deceased relatives.

barren old commie

How is our PM a communist? Oh do explain

Juliar was a red when she was at university in Melbourne and tried to make Stalingrad the sister city of Melbourne.

Now you could say she believes in nothing except holding power.

awareness of clinical depression

My dad who I was very close to died when I was in my 20's, it was the most traumatic experience in my life and nothing in the 20 plus years since he died has come close to making me feel how I did then. As ridiculous as it sounds the loss gave me a ache so bad that it actually physically hurt.

I can't imagine the way I felt is any different to the way others feel when they have had a close family member die.

Clever people can find the words to write or to speak when they want cut down their opponents without having to resort to including deceased relatives.

I had a similar experience.

Depression can cause pain, and we should tell people that there is help available. Clinical depression is a real illness that can be treated with real medications. Those who we see self-medicating with alcohol should be made aware that there are drugs which can make you better, not worse.

I wasn't depressed I was grieving, there is a difference.

I am an advocate of correct diagnosis and treatment, I've been a Psych Nurse for nearly 20 years and have seen some amazing changes in people once they are properly diagnosed and treated.

I don't believe "shame" is a scienfically recognised cause of death. So what Mr Jones said was just sheer stupidity ... but typical of the hate-filled dribble that comes from the arrogant little grub.

If I had lost my father, and he made comments like that, I would quite happily give him a good hard punch in the mouth. Unfortunately, in her position, Julia Gillard can't do that.

But I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would be prepared to give him one on her behalf.

Alan Jones seems to have bitten of the hand that feeds him this time. Up until now he has been quite calculating with his pot stirring.

I seriously think old Gloria may be developing dementia, watch this space I suppose.

Alan Jones seems to have bitten of the hand that feeds him this time. Up until now he has been quite calculating with his pot stirring.

I seriously think old Gloria may be developing dementia, watch this space I suppose.

That crossed my mind actually, he seems to be becoming more of a loose cannon lately.

I think it must be another name for Alan Jones.

I listened to about half an hour of his show today (have never listened before) his fans are in love with him it's like listening to cult members speak. Alan could walk into a child care centre and mow down a dozen pre-schoolers and they would find a way to justify it.

Alan Jones himself was completely lacking in remorse, he made it clear his apology was lip service and referred to his comments about Julia's dad as "observations".

Back