Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

It's also good at least Shannon gets $10,000 for his charity that was donated by John Edward for the runner up!

And... that ended quickly.

Too quickly, the same as Big Brother used to. Good to see Fiona win, and what we got to see of her enjoying it.

Now to catch up on the episodes I've missed...

...hi Lindsay... I 've just read up on listeriosis... we currently have a Rockmelon scare happening here in Australia too at the moment...but apparently Listeriosis can infect you in many ways... one quote says... "Listeria are widespread throughout nature, being commonly carried by many species of both domestic and wild animals. Raw meat, unpasteurised milk, raw fruit and vegetables"... I have mentioned on several occasions before that some of those food trials that they do when eating offal/eyeballs/testicals etc worry me because have there been controlled tests to ensure that there will be no long-term side effects upon the Celebs in the distant future?... not necessarily just Listeriosis but maybe something else perhaps?...

...some others on here have said that South African people have been eating that stuff since they were born and that they have been okay so far... that's fair enough but the Celebs haven't... to me there's a risk of them getting something further down the track... especially when they're dumped into a dirty great big pot of putrid offal etc... it only takes one of them to accidentally ingest some of that slop and they could get something bad happen to them in my books... maybe I'm just an ultra clean freak or something and am too fussy about what I digest but I still worry about their long term side effects regardless... (maybe it's one of the reasons as to why I can't watch the food trials too?)...

...as I've said before... I can foresee a headline in the distant future that one of these Celebs have incurred a long term side effect from doing one of these trials due to lack of research... I really can see it... I'll shut up now... lol!... cheers.
My friend in america told me they just had a recall on fruit and veg for Listeria..I think you might be right though about long term effects because I doubt they cook any of the "foods" and Listeria is killed when the food is cooked

...oh okay Lindsay... thanks for that info... we were speculating on what it was and that explains quite a lot thankyou... as I said... she's really pretty but the way she speaks and sometimes seems to over articulate her words at times is what brought it to my attention and now we know the reason as to why... great info Lindsay... cheers.
I am very curious so when I saw her weird jaw movements I looked it up

They didn't say much of anything at the end this time. It's odd that a regular episode can drag on for 20 minutes after the eviction, with prolonged interviews and posing for the cameras, yet a supposedly exciting finale ends as soon as the winner is crowned. After what seems like 3 hours of plodding, then it's wham bam thank you maam, nothing to see here.

Also, the lack of former contestants in attendance made it seem less exciting than it could have been. Didn't the budget extend beyond contestants further back than Josh, or were they the poor suckers who had been locked in a green room in Africa ever since being evicted?

...I'll tell you what though oddjob... the camera crew would've gotten a real close-up of Julia's buttonhole with that camera on Chris's helmet in that shot lol!... cheers.

Regarding the previous eliminated celebrities attending the finale. Last year only Nazeem and Steve Price was there. This year had four eliminated celebrities at the final: Josh, Peter, Simone and Vicky. I reckon they stayed on their own accord. Kudos to Josh who stayed a whole week later since being eliminated. I reckon Josh and Peter spent a lot of time together after Peter was eliminated and then Simone joined in with them over the weekend. Anyway it was really nice to see all of them there. :):):)

Also, the lack of former contestants in attendance made it seem less exciting than it could have been. Didn't the budget extend beyond contestants further back than Josh, or were they the poor suckers who had been locked in a green room in Africa ever since being evicted?

This series has more previous celebs in the final than any other. Like it was so cool for us to see Nazeem and Steve back last year as previous series they had no one back. I guess it's just a case of if the celeb doesn't go home pretty immediately after leaving and hangs around to check out stuff in Africa then they like to get them back for the final.

I was so annoyed Paul seemed to have left like asap since Josh hanged around and he got out the next day, and Jackie left Africa yet she left the show after Josh. It would have been so good to see Paul again especially as I have no idea what he's up to since he doesn't really have an instagram or twitter, etc like many of the other seem to be using often.

Regarding the previous eliminated celebrities attending the finale. Last year only Nazeem and Steve Price was there. This year had four eliminated celebrities at the final: Josh, Peter, Simone and Vicky. I reckon they stayed on their own accord. Kudos to Josh who stayed a whole week later since being eliminated. I reckon Josh and Peter spent a lot of time together after Peter was eliminated and then Simone joined in with them over the weekend. Anyway it was really nice to see all of them there. :):):)

Nice little vid on Simone’s instagram:
https://instagram.com/p/BgMG-VPjdib/

Simone and Josh looking very comfortable together. ;)

Back