Skip to main content

If you were a Housemate - Where would your life go, post show?

Based on what I've read here, it seems my opinion is unique.

Firstly, my motivations for going on the show would not be for fame, friendships or "the experience".
I'd play to win purely to see if I could win. I'd have no problem donating the entire prize pool to some charity afterwards.
I consider Tim Dormer to be the best player BB Australia has ever seen and my goal would be play it even better than he did...
not for the fame, but so that I could walk away knowing in my mind that I was the best.
Winning against poor opposition would not satisfy me. If I could have it my way, it would be: me versus 15 Tim Dormers.
Also, in my mind, there is one winner and all the other housemates tie for last place. So I would consider second place to be an utter failure.

Afterwards, I would change nothing of my old life. I would not seek out new opportunities as a result of the fame, nor would I accept new opportunities presented to me by the fame. In fact, being "famous" would be an annoying distraction in my life which I would prefer not to have.

To those who do not understand my position, you should be aware that I am a very strange, highly competitive, introverted nerd who has, for who knows what reason, developed an unhealthy fascination with competitions that require high-level social and emotional skills to succeed.

i could never go on bb i just dont fit the personality type they put on there
i'd end up being sued for the comments i'd say to the other hm's lol
some of the hm's in estelle series would turn me into a serial killer
the insanity they would drive me to it lmao
i'm a bit like john laws old fashioned and call a spade a spade
none of this political correct crap over sexual genders
but if were possible to go back and be in estelles series i'd marry her
shes a sweet heart lol:):):):):):):):)

I expect Estelle is going to be overjoyed when she finds out that an inarticulate anachronistic John Laws-alike with ugly line breaks considers her to be suitable wife material.

must be a frustrated teacher lol
they are the ones that usually pick about english grammer on forums
you poor sad victim you must live a lonely friendless life lmao

I'd wish to return to my happy, PRIVATE life. Though, I'd love to have a bunch of guys lined up to date!

I hope my time in the house could highlight transgender issues and help people understand what gender dysphoria is. There are so few (if any) visible transgender role models in this country.
Carlotta?

Carlotta?

Yeah, I know of Carlotta. But she's hardly in conversation now. Though, there was that Carlotta TV film on ABC this year... I think. I looked it up. It aired but I can't remember it being talked about. Easily forgotten, sadly...

Yeah, I know of Carlotta. But she's hardly in conversation now. Though, there was that Carlotta TV film on ABC this year... I think. I looked it up. It aired but I can't remember it being talked about. Easily forgotten, sadly...
I remember her sitting on chair in a bath with a friend of hers on channel 31 back in the 80s I think. Loved her then.

Here's a Q:
Did you get many proposals post BB?

(And you don't have to answer mine - unless it's a yes lol)

Here's the thing about being a celebrity-add-water. They come hard and fast at the beginning and taper off as the wave begins to break.

After that it's up to your personal drive and branding to decided how much you will push to gain anything opportunity wise.

In short - I have said a lot and a whole lot of nothing...

Basically - you get nothing if you aren't willing to work for it. AND if you don't have the audacity to believe in yourself.

Within the network (publicity etc) we mostly got treated like dirt, like we are the scum of TV compared with the "cream" with the likes of Sonia etc.
News and journalism is held higher than anything reality TV could ever offer. And to be honest, I don't completely disagree - however who we are as humans and character on the show is what
matters. That's one thing HIGHLY ballsy about Big Brother - we are not playing as a role/character ( well some were lol!) we aren't presenting with a task or purpose.
We are openly and vulnerably being ourselves - well I can say this whole heartedly with people like @Timdormer & myself.

Perhaps we can't sing, dance or are super model looking or sporting heroes - but we are people who have lives and have been willing to expose ourselves to you all.

YES I WILL MARRY YOU> IM A UNICORN.

I just realised that you said PROPOSALS NOT OPPERTUNITIES ! AHHH

Here's the thing about being a celebrity-add-water. They come hard and fast at the beginning and taper off as the wave begins to break.

After that it's up to your personal drive and branding to decided how much you will push to gain anything opportunity wise.

In short - I have said a lot and a whole lot of nothing...

Basically - you get nothing if you aren't willing to work for it. AND if you don't have the audacity to believe in yourself.

Within the network (publicity etc) we mostly got treated like dirt, like we are the scum of TV compared with the "cream" with the likes of Sonia etc.
News and journalism is held higher than anything reality TV could ever offer. And to be honest, I don't completely disagree - however who we are as humans and character on the show is what
matters. That's one thing HIGHLY ballsy about Big Brother - we are not playing as a role/character ( well some were lol!) we aren't presenting with a task or purpose.
We are openly and vulnerably being ourselves - well I can say this whole heartedly with people like @Timdormer & myself.

Perhaps we can't sing, dance or are super model looking or sporting heroes - but we are people who have lives and have been willing to expose ourselves to you all.

Rest assured, i, for one, do NOT want to marry you.

Sorry!

I will, however, go on a honeymoon with you.

Three, maybe four weeks.

Some place tropical.

Call me when you collect our tickets.

Ta bub

X

Thanks for your response, very articulate and honest appraisal.

It would be really tough not to get caught up in the hype of post BB fame. Everyone vying for attention - so its interesting you acknowledged that you were treated like dirt (or in reflection noticed it). I have a tendency to get carried away so a strong support network of family and previous-housemates would be paramount on keeping a level head.

I wonder if they will ensure that future housemates have a buddy-up system with a previous HM.

*Rushes off to sell my Nutri-Bullet for a ring :happy:

Thanks for your response, very articulate and honest appraisal.

It would be really tough not to get caught up in the hype of post BB fame. Everyone vying for attention - so its interesting you acknowledged that you were treated like dirt (or in reflection noticed it). I have a tendency to get carried away so a strong support network of family and previous-housemates would be paramount on keeping a level head.

I wonder if they will ensure that future housemates have a buddy-up system with a previous HM.

*Rushes off to sell my Nutri-Bullet for a ring :happy:

I have one main 3 key players in my mental health post house... Firstly and foremost was my unvarying morally amazing Mother - who while she was so unwell (couldn't speak to any media / which I am sure did not help me) always had sounds of reason to stop me getting caught in that exact hype.
It could become an obsession comments from others like "OMG they have more followers than me" OR "Why did they get that and I didn't" - she stopped me from becoming celebrity obsessed...
Or "Who is she dating now?

Ensured I never sold my soul in the form of a corrupt story for a short buck and consoled me when
I wasn't even able to enter our own Network's post Logies party as a PLUS ONE with one of our Australian Wallaby Player - Because publicity wanted to make an example of me!
Not to mention gave me the courage to stop dating one of the biggest names in AFL because I knew he wasn't the right fit, although lovely!
All of those things would have mattered to a starlet - and at the time they did to a degree but I was quickly kept in check and back TO REALITY......

Leon - Big Brother himself was solely responsible for helping me feel my worth post show. As he had been through EVERYTHING.. He helped to assure me that I was NOT going mad... As well as every single crew member from behind the scenes coming to me and confessing their love or the heartache they at time went through for me through the walls.

AND more recently @Timdormer - Who since his own show has imparted nothing but beautiful support and wisdom. He has knowledge and charisma for the entertainment industry beyond anything I could ever, ever imagine! Blows me away daily. He is a mastermind - in the most lovely way.
We keep eachother balanced.

Being a housemate sounds even worse and infinitely more shallow than I imagined.

I have one main 3 key players in my mental health post house... Firstly and foremost was my unvarying morally amazing Mother - who while she was so unwell (couldn't speak to any media / which I am sure did not help me) always had sounds of reason to stop me getting caught in that exact hype.
It could become an obsession comments from others like "OMG they have more followers than me" OR "Why did they get that and I didn't" - she stopped me from becoming celebrity obsessed...
Or "Who is she dating now?

Ensured I never sold my soul in the form of a corrupt story for a short buck and consoled me when
I wasn't even able to enter our own Network's post Logies party as a PLUS ONE with one of our Australian Wallaby Player - Because publicity wanted to make an example of me!
Not to mention gave me the courage to stop dating one of the biggest names in AFL because I knew he wasn't the right fit, although lovely!
All of those things would have mattered to a starlet - and at the time they did to a degree but I was quickly kept in check and back TO REALITY......

Leon - Big Brother himself was solely responsible for helping me feel my worth post show. As he had been through EVERYTHING.. He helped to assure me that I was NOT going mad... As well as every single crew member from behind the scenes coming to me and confessing their love or the heartache they at time went through for me through the walls.

AND more recently @Timdormer - Who since his own show has imparted nothing but beautiful support and wisdom. He has knowledge and charisma for the entertainment industry beyond anything I could ever, ever imagine! Blows me away daily. He is a mastermind - in the most lovely way.
We keep eachother balanced.
... apart from name dropping the fact you like incredibly muscular men:( it was another good read.

And this is probably why post BB HMs all hang out with each other as they face the same trials as one another.

When/if/maybe/probably not - I get onto the show I will know to get in contact with Tim and Estelle (or Priya!) so they can help!!

... apart from name dropping the fact you like incredibly muscular men:( it was another good read.

And this is probably why post BB HMs all hang out with each other as they face the same trials as one another.

When/if/maybe/probably not - I get onto the show I will know to get in contact with Tim and Estelle (or Priya!) so they can help!!
The name drop was intentional - to explain that shit like that matters when you are stuck on the social climb of relevance... Then you realised you're not a fuckwitt and go back to loving who you were and find a balance inbetween.

Yeah seems no one wants advice post show this year - Tim has reached out to a few and they all know better! HA

I would go on "Keeping up with the Kardashians". I got a booty and good looks. I could easily pass (pretend) to be a long lost cousin.:p

Seriously, post "Big Brother" experience, I would go back to what was my normal 9-5 routine. I would like to use my somewhat "Claim to fame" being on the show to raise money for charity. Preferably a children's charity.

Back