Skip to main content

If you were a Housemate - Where would your life go, post show?

This years winner for BBUS, did something I don't think any other winners have done. He had been an undercover cop for 4 years until he got married and had a child. He went into the house for the sole purpose of winning the money for his family. He used all his cop skills to learn about everyone in the house, win very few competitions, and he never once was nominated for eviction. Almost everyone liked him and in their eye, he posed no threat. And, he was genuinely a good guy. He did not plan on making long term friends but he did. One week after he got out of the house, he was back at his job as a cop. His family and job are his first priority. He does appearances on his time off for his fans. He has no desire to become famous but if BB gave him a part time job associated with BB he would take it, as long as he did not have to give up his regular job. He is very good at speaking and interviewing so it just might happen.

This years winner for BBUS, did something I don't think any other winners have done. He had been an undercover cop for 4 years until he got married and had a child. He went into the house for the sole purpose of winning the money for his family. He used all his cop skills to learn about everyone in the house, win very few competitions, and he never once was nominated for eviction. Almost everyone liked him and in their eye, he posed no threat. And, he was genuinely a good guy. He did not plan on making long term friends but he did. One week after he got out of the house, he was back at his job as a cop. His family and job are his first priority. He does appearances on his time off for his fans. He has no desire to become famous but if BB gave him a part time job associated with BB he would take it, as long as he did not have to give up his regular job. He is very good at speaking and interviewing so it just might happen.
Yes, he would often speak to his wife when he was alone on camera in the house and say that they were his true alliance.
I feel that undercover cops have the skill, the training and the experience to do extremely well on shows where you need to create alliances that trust you.
Big brother australia you need broad social skills and some skill at manipulation, but you don't need to build strong alliances.

To answer the question:
I would never go on big brother because I need space and quiet time and, also, I'm not a fame whore. Anyone who goes on a reality tv show expecting a career and money and fame is bound to be as upset eventually as those sour grapes losers from that show called The Block.

The sugar sisters are the ones who have surprised me the most. They have created a business based on the way they dressed in the house. And they may have a small baking business as well. I don't know if anyone else has done anything like that. They are the most successful new venture out of the house. ( Tully is doing well, but based on connections and basically her looks and style. Not so much solely on her life in the house.) Their business is completely based on their time on big brother.

I feel anyone who can go in with business ideas like the sugar sisters might be able to get a small business going. They are both still doing their regular jobs as well. Chasing money and fame is a huge illusion of reality tv.

If I ever got on ...

I would probably land a role in the James Bond franchise as Australia's first Bond

End up dating Kylie Minogue, Estelle and somehow end up with Lara Bingle after she breaks it off with Sam

Then release my own collection of fine suits for men

And spend my days living on a beach in Fiji with my then third wife Bindi Irwin

Well sadly George Lazenby has robbed you of your first dream. The rest seems realistic though :)

It's so funny. People used to aspire to nightclub appearances and a spread in Zoo (and a new set of fake floppers, to be funded by the earnings from the aforesaid), back in the day, and in a few short years they are expecting some bizarre level of celebrity to come out of being their rather dull selves on a reality tv show.

I would go back to resting my nerves, after the embarrassment of being carted out, and after the short spell in what is politely called 'a rest home'. I would never turn on a computer again, for internet purposes, and I would delete all accounts.

I'd go in for the experience, then upon eviction enjoy the first week of attention and media, then end up a recluse due to not coping with being recognized by people in the street and not being able to turn it off.

BB's only good for the $$$ these days, & even that is dwindling as this year a fair bit of it is already being siphoned off for minor stunts to attract ratings...

Only a few people out of the hundreds that have been on the show have managed to progress in media after BB & usually you have to win it to get any recognition with a few exceptions....

Ideally I would just milk it for the free stuff for as long as I could.

But fade into obscurity.

I'm not a fame whore type.

It'd be great if someone who knew could do a little spiel on all the past winners and where it's got them to.

Whether they're ahead or they pissed the money away.... and that sort of shit.

Honestly, I'd be happy to be a D-lister that gets invited to parties and events. And a column in a magazine would be nice.

Before going on BB, I'd delete every account I have on the internet, along with photos, convos, etc. Then I'd start a business and I'd use my publicity to promote it. Then after it's over, I'd probably enjoy the first week or two but then I'd completely change my appearance because I wouldn't be able to cope with being recognised by people I don't know. In saying that though, I'd probably be forgotten at soon as I'm evicted.
Also, I doubt I'd go on this forum - people pick apart every little thing you say. I'd definitely avoid Facebook too.

I recall in the previous two seasons that there were quite a few housemates who really thought that going on BB would result in ongoing media work and fame. Angie, from 2012, in particular seemed absolutely positive they were all going to be stars. I remember one of the others, I can't remember who (Michael/Josh/Estelle??) pointing out that this was unrealistic.

I'm curious to know how many go into BB with this expectation, without taking into consideration the number of housemates that faded into obscurity before they arrived on the scene.

I'm not saying people shouldn't try their luck, it certainly worked for some, but it surprising how many seem to think a media career is a guarantee.

The sugar sisters are the ones who have surprised me the most. They have created a business based on the way they dressed in the house.

So it's the shit look.

Ages ago I saw their online site & the clothes were hideous & the prices were horrendously expensive for cheap looking clothing.

Back