Skip to main content

If you were a Housemate - Where would your life go, post show?

Lawson plans to chase acting or radio presenting or maybe magic, according to an interview in an article from the media thread.

I doubt he makes it.

I have no intention of auditioning, but if I did, it would be for money, not the experience - I'm sure what we see on TV isn't as fun as the other hours of HM's sitting around bored.

I would like to think I would like to think I'd have a chance at winning, but thats easy to say in a hypothetical situation as I'm not in the house.

I guess it's impossible to grasp on what it's actually like unless you have actually participated, so having said all that I honestly can't predict how I would cope if I was actually in.

I can however safely say I wouldn't expect anything further to come from it, as I am happy with my line of work (nursing), and I would never get into any drunken arguments, cos when I get drunk, I'm a happy drunk.

I think I'd get nominated a fair bit, cos in social situations I try to talk to/be friendly with everyone - I tend not to stick to one particular group, and I think HM's could find that annoying.

Why do you doubt he will make it? He's done acting before.
I doubt he makes it because I feel he showed no acting talent on the show. It is extremely rare for people to achieve acting success from this, or all other, reality shows. I can't think of a single actor or actress succeeding from any reality show in the US, the only one I can think of Elizabeth Hasselbeck is on a talk show.

I thought this thread was discussing that very thing, that hoped for success from a reality show is almost impossible.

That is why I doubt he will make it. More power to him if he does.

I doubt he makes it because I feel he showed no acting talent on the show. It is extremely rare for people to achieve acting success from this, or all other, reality shows. I can't think of a single actor or actress succeeding from any reality show in the US, the only one I can think of Elizabeth Hasselbeck is on a talk show.

I thought this thread was discussing that very thing, that hoped for success from a reality show is almost impossible.

That is why I doubt he will make it. More power to him if he does.

You do know he has done acting before and has a bachelor of creative arts from Curtin University?

You do know he has done acting before and has a bachelor of creative arts from Curtin University?
No, I didn't know and I'm going on the complete lack of talent I saw combined with the large swath of acting wannabes from reality shows who don't succeed.
I don't see Lawson being some break out, trailblazing talent that will have a drastically different path than everyone else who has been evicted from a reality show.

I hope he does make it! Go him. He's a human with hopes and dreams too.. Remember how much everyone loved Lawson to begin with?

I still actually liked Lawson as a HM, thought he brought something good to the house. We do need to remember that we may not agree with his decision, it's his own business and shouldn't care what he chooses to do in his life.

No, I didn't know and I'm going on the complete lack of talent I saw combined with the large swath of acting wannabes from reality shows who don't succeed.
I don't see Lawson being some break out, trailblazing talent that will have a drastically different path than everyone else who has been evicted from a reality show.

When did Lawson have to oppurtunity to showcase his acting talents on Big Brother?

When did Lawson have to oppurtunity to showcase his acting talents on Big Brother?
Are you serious?
That's great if you support him. My take is that he won't fair any better than any other reality show graduate. He showed no signs that he would be different.Not to mention that he seems to be a complete train wreck.

I only posted in this thread because it was dealing with the difficulty of success from reality tv. I don't want to turn it into anymore of a Lawson debate.

Are you serious?
That's great if you support him. My take is that he won't fair any better than any other reality show graduate. He showed no signs that he would be different.Not to mention that he seems to be a complete train wreck.

I only posted in this thread because it was dealing with the difficulty of success from reality tv. I don't want to turn it into anymore of a Lawson debate.

You posted that Lawson wouldn't make it as an actor, I was only pointing out that Lawson has had acting experience. So his appearance on a reality tv show is irrelevant on wether he will be an actor.

@Estelle.Landy i bet you are upset over the horse death. You a fan of Melbourne cup or not?
Those horses would lead a better life than most humans - never worry about their next meal, shelter, finding a mate or health care

It's sad it happened but figure this

These horses had a chance to run for glory
it's not the glory of the owners it's the animal instinct of glory of being better and striving for the best

Oddly these horses get to live a life some of us only dream of having

I'm not how much I'd want fame, and perhaps that's why I've never applied to go on BB. So if I did go on the show I don't think I'd expect much different after it. Of course I'd answer questions somewhere like spring.me if people wanted things answering and to clear things up and to thank people for their support. On forums I think I would remain largely anonymous, though I'd probably leave a non-anonymous thanks message on an apprecation thread. Some like being in the public eye more and some don't.

Back