Skip to main content

I don't understand how anyone can dislike Priya?

Not you don't get it. We are having fun while supporting our favorite, why is it so hard to understand. :bang: Haters are the problems, we didn't ask to be constantly attacked for how we support her; and the demand of reasons for liking our favourite, leave us alone and we will leave you alone.

Most hate against Priya is in HER APPRECIATION THREAD we don't make you come there.

I get it.

The Priya/Jesus thing was funny at first weeks and weeks ago, now it's old, tired and way overused.
Priya is not that fun of a housemate.
If David didn't go around offending people and started taking jokes too seriously then they'd be almost identical in terms of personality.
She be patronizing towards others.
She walks a fine line between being what people call a strong, independent, intelligent woman and simply being a stuck up bitch.
She's a gossiper who instigates negative conversation with people towards an individual to then go straight to the person and immediately throw her bitch buddies under the bus.

That's just a few points, the last one i don't even mind as it's a strategy. As a certain wise Captain once said "brinkmanship is a dangerous game".

Really? so are you saying I can't criticise a strong woman for, what I perceive to be negative characteristics and behaviours, for fear of being accused of invalidating women! wow

Not at all. I'm saying your rhetoric is typical of what happens when people want to shut women down. And it is.

Or are you saying that it never happens? Do you really believe that?

Not at all. I'm saying your rhetoric is typical of what happens when people want to shut women down. And it is.

Or are you saying that it never happens? Do you really believe that?

I am not saying it never happens, of course it happens. But what I am saying is we must be able to criticise people for their actions, regardless of their gender, if we truly want equality. I don't believe Priya is exempt from criticism.

Priya's strategy is to create conflict and plant seeds, even if there is no truth behind them. There seems to be no sense of humour there whatsoever, nor the ability to laugh at herself. I don't deny her the choice to play her game her way, given the personality traits she possesses. However, what "grinds my gears" about Priya is that there simply doesn't seem to be a nice person lingering underneath the visage. Everything "nice" she does seems to have a motivation attached to benefit herself. She showed many of her true colours that very first night, critiquing the housemates and saying nasty things based on physical appearance alone. She seems to enjoy creating an air of superiority via either intimidation, manipulating others and simply having an arrogance she constantly projects, whether intentional or not. However, this arrogance is completely unjustified, she is not special, and she is definitely not some goddess. I find her extremely unlikeable and most likely would in real life too.

And that friends, is why I dislike Priya. :thumbsup:

I think when Priya popped a grape in her mouth last night like some pompous Roman senator's wife at a pre-orgy feast and announced to Penny "and that's why I don't (discuss things with you)", turning her head away to signal that Penny had no right of reply was a very telling moment - and indicative of her personality.

I know somebody like Priya, they both have that detached aloofness, airs and graces not necessarily 'inherited' but more something they feel they've earned or achieved - usually at the expense of others, I mean it is a dog eat dog world after all. It's more good old fashioned avarice than garden variety sociopathic single-mindedness, as in most people (except for the impossibly saintly - and we all know how annoying they can be) will at least sub-consciously ask "and where does that leave me" - when situations arise that concern others as well as themselves, but people like Priya and my friend will mostly always take the path that most benefits them because again, it's survival of the fittest.

Social Darwinism, it's a totally great ethos if you need to go through life reconciling throwing a lot of people under a lot of buses. Warning: Not for the humble or wishy-washy, stupid gaylords.

after tonight performance - shes forfieted her chance of winning, and likely will be evicted b4 even penny

her smug arrogance tonight, her lack of ownership, and her uber defensiveness - sigh - what happened to you

This x10

She doesn't own a damn thing. When David's dad and Ryan's sister nominated Priya for planting seeds the night loved ones came in, her reaction was genuine shock, as if to say "who me?" (She actually said "What??" to both). Fucking hell, they've been watching you on TV, why else would they say it? This was when she started to lose me.

Even last night when someone told her to look in the mirror, she said "I have, and I don't think there's a problem" (slight paraphrasing). The fact she can't even acknowledge her weaknesses just put me right off her. And after her little tantrum with the game they were playing near the end, I hated how she was trying to appear sublime and above it all in the Diary Room afterwards. If she could acknowledge her faults and take accountability for her actions just once, then maybe I could be ok with her winning (but it doesn't look like she will anyway).

And how does such a humourless wet blanket get into stand up comedy, or even think they could be good at it?

Last edited:
I think when Priya popped a grape in her mouth last night like some pompous Roman senator's wife at a pre-orgy feast and announced to Penny "and that's why I don't (discuss things with you)", turning her head away to signal that Penny had no right of reply was a very telling moment - and indicative of her personality.

I know somebody like Priya, they both have that detached aloofness, airs and graces not necessarily 'inherited' but more something they feel they've earned or achieved - usually at the expense of others, I mean it is a dog eat dog world after all. It's more good old fashioned avarice than garden variety sociopathic single-mindedness, as in most people (except for the impossibly saintly - and we all know how annoying they can be) will at least sub-consciously ask "and where does that leave me" - when situations arise that concern others as well as themselves, but people like Priya and my friend will mostly always take the path that most benefits them because again, it's survival of the fittest.

Social Darwinism, it's a totally great ethos if you need to go through life reconciling throwing a lot of people under a lot of buses. Warning: Not for the humble or wishy-washy, stupid gaylords.
That stood out to me, so much so that I rewound it to make sure I didn't imagine it. It says it all really.

People dislike Priya because she refuses to be meek and do what she is told. Strong women are always given a hard time in the house and it's a testament to Priya's intelligence and resilience that she's been able to cut through the hostility without compromising her belief in herself or pandering to the petty whims of opthers.

When Ryan kept repeating, If you have a problem just tell me, what he was really saying was, Will you please just shut up and let me win?

People dislike Priya because she refuses to be meek and do what she is told. Strong women are always given a hard time in the house

You keep on thinking that if it helps you sleep at night. lol :hilarious:

Truth of the matter is that the majority of the population despises arrogant wankers/arseholes/bitches irrespective of their sex.

I have no time for the likes of Stefanovic, Joe Hockey, Killeen, Priya etc because they all share 1 TRAIT IN COMMON and that is that for some inexplicable reason they erroneously think they are superior to others, an inflated sense of their worth if you will.

This unjustifiable arrogance leads them to believe they can talk down to other people and behave in a manner that suggests everyone else exists bow down and acquiesce to whatever they say/demand.

I can't speak for everybody but I have a very low level of tolerance for imbeciles of this ilk and being a woman has nothing to do with it.

That stood out to me, so much so that I rewound it to make sure I didn't imagine it. It says it all really.

yeppity. She's also a terrible listener. You can almost hear (no pun) an audible (no for serious) click when someone is talking to her and she detects something that doesn't compute with her black and white take on everything. She's like "annnnnnnnnnnnnd stopped listening."

Sure she's still nodding and acknowledging they're making noises with their mouth but she's already thinking of her response to how incorrect and stupid they are.

Truth of the matter is that the majority of the population despises arrogant wankers/arseholes/bitches irrespective of their sex.

I have no time for the likes of Stefanovic, Joe Hockey, Killeen, Priya etc because they all share 1 TRAIT IN COMMON and that is that for some inexplicable reason they erroneously think they are superior to others, an inflated sense of their worth if you will.

This unjustifiable arrogance leads them to believe they can talk down to other people and behave in a manner that suggests everyone else exists bow down and acquiesce to whatever they say/demand.

I can't speak for everybody but I have a very low level of tolerance for imbeciles of this ilk and being a woman has nothing to do with it.

Can't believe we agree on something :whistling:

You had me at stefanovic. What an insufferable CUNT he is.

I love you.

p.s. and i have always loved your avatars. I have no idea why.

She isn't the funnest person to watch and I don't think her fans have done her many favours with their blind faith following. Just ask yourself who has actually made you laugh out loud and you'll say :- Penny, Skye (c'mon peoples, she has had her moments), Ryan and David. I did laugh out loud at Travis's bathroom fall as well. Priya isn't a bad person, just one that doesn't make me smile and I dislike some of her hardcore fans more than I dislike the butter chicken queen herself.
To me Priya is funny and has made me laugh lots of times. For example, last night: "and I was like 'thank God they're all gone'". Penny made me laugh at first with her facial expressions but that got old, especially when I started seeing traits in her that I dislike. Skye... Tbh I can't think of times when she's made me laugh, but maybe she has. Ryan and Travis have been funny once or twice. I'm 99% sure David has not made me laugh or even smile, ever. The point is that people find different things funny.

I still don't get why people think the Pristian thing has "built Priya up into something she's not." We know she's not a real deity. We like her for her but choose to express that in a different way. Why is that so hard to understand? And for people to say, "Oh, she wouldn't've made it this far if it wasn't for Pristianity!" is dealing in hypotheticals and therefore holds literally no merit.

She owned everything she said in that tape last night, and didn't make any irrelevant excuses. Her saying to Skye, "Well I said you were stupid in week one" is a legitimately valid excuse. It was week one, and they weren't close, and didn't know each other as well as they do now. Did you miss the part where Skye admitted that she, at that stage, found Priya boring?

At the end of the day, people find Priya arrogant, and I don't. I'm not blind to the fact that she can be over the top, and that she doesn't switch off, but I've enjoyed her gameplay. To me, it's been entertaining. That doesn't mean I don't find it irritating, or unnecessary at times. Nothing is black and white—not just with Priya, but with every housemate. I just happen to like Priya more than the others, and I choose to partake in a bit of fun with my fellow forum members who also like Priya.

For some of you, there is nothing. No remark, no picture, no gesture Priya can make, which will show her in a good light. So why even try?
I find good things in almost every other housemate. Not Penney, she's like the brown noise.
Priya's humor is subtle. Not overwhelming. It is like an amusing story that takes a while to get you. And if you don't get it, you never will.

Got to love an obsessed Priya fan.

d0f105ee00e158963e364dd9571eb687_view.jpg

the fact that she's become this gay icon with people calling her queen and all this shit is because she's the type of strong opinionated woman not many men would find attractive to date and she comes a cross as a huge man hating lesbian. If it wasnt for Bushy making 100 appearances I think most people would assume that she was.

Back