Skip to main content

How will The Block affect Big Brother?

who is up? hehehe
Peace of mind and security is something everyone needs, so Fairmont is offering an 18 week build time guarantee. Our 18 week build time guarantee will not impact on the renowned quality of the home, giving you confidence that your home will bebuilt for life.

This Build time guarantee does not apply to:

• 2-storey, split design or multiple dwellings
  • Difficult sites, where rock excavation is required and those requiring traffic management plans to construct the home
  • Homes that include retaining walls, stormwater, landscaping, driveway, render, stone bench tops, glass splash backs, timber, tiled or carpeted floors or furnishings
Umm what kind of flooring do they want you to have?

maybe stone, oh no stone, but they included the furnishings in that, so i say go leather everything

Peace of mind and security is something everyone needs, so Fairmont is offering an 18 week build time guarantee. Our 18 week build time guarantee will not impact on the renowned quality of the home, giving you confidence that your home will bebuilt for life.

This Build time guarantee does not apply to:

• 2-storey, split design or multiple dwellings
  • Difficult sites, where rock excavation is required and those requiring traffic management plans to construct the home
  • Homes that include retaining walls, stormwater, landscaping, driveway, render, stone bench tops, glass splash backs, timber, tiled or carpeted floors or furnishings
Umm what kind of flooring do they want you to have?

My floor has polished concrete and it looks awesome, everyone should just copy me. But yeah that list is rather limiting, I guess there's always regular old dirt ground?

it looks great when they do it on The Block. is it cold to walk on?

Extremely so, I tend to cover it up with a big rug which probably defeats the purpose of it, it's worth it but possibly excels during summer. My place is pretty small so floorspace is minimal to begin with, so it helps with the freezing feet.

Extremely so, I tend to cover it up with a big rug which probably defeats the purpose of it, it's worth it but possibly excels during summer. My place is pretty small so floorspace is minimal to begin with, so it helps with the freezing feet.

that's what i thought, and i didn't think about it being cool in Summer. who needs a fan when you can lie on the slab? ;)

You have no idea how accurate your statement is, although actually I attempted sleeping on it just a few freezing nights ago.

you sound like me, hahaha. i'm a bit of a gypsy when it comes to beds, as long as i have a pillow i'm good, and definitely a blanket when it's cold

Well a later slot is what we've all wanted for years, and a lead in from The Block is probably the best lead in Nine could give it. I think as everyone says though the problem is 2 hrs+ (likely to end up closer to 3 hrs due to daily over runs) is a big ask - if each show was half an hour it would be fine, but it's a big ask to get viewers to watch one show for an hour every night, never mind two back to back.

Going to post a screencap, then? :p
OK OK. :rage: ;)

Seems it was at the recessed entrance just for the bluff that it was NINE's offices. Trouble is;

a). It's in a recessed entry, so camera angles are too shallow to really see it.
b). Unless I'm mistaken, it's the BB2012 colours (although NINE were still using it for interviews on Mornings in 2013).

BB Block.jpg

OK OK. :rage: ;)

Seems it was at the recessed entrance just for the bluff that it was NINE's offices. Trouble is;

a). It's in a recessed entry, so camera angles are too shallow to really see it.
b). Unless I'm mistaken, it's the BB2012 colours (although NINE were still using it for interviews on Mornings in 2013).

View attachment 40412
Okay so my school is across the road from the Glasshouse and I walk passed it every day. A few months ago when the block people first arrived they just had heaps of promotional stuff out the front, like the 9 logo and posters of Big Brother and Big Bang Theory and stuff. And that's just the poster. If you walk by it you can still see remnants of the Block Shop they opened for a bit

Also, for what it's worth, the place is nowhere near completed so they haven't finished filming. Unless that's the Block's twist, idk.

(ignore this post)

...aw geez Xast... now that you've said to ignore your post I can't stop looking at it!... now I'm wondering what it was!...unlike beardymac being able to ignore it because he is so laid back and cool I can't stop staring at it!... did you ever think that your post feels unloved now because you've told us to ignore the poor little thing?... it'll probably end up with a complex now that you've instructed everyone to ignore it!... you ruffian you!... I think that you should whole-heartedly apologise to that poor neglected post quick smart my friend!... once you have you need to go to your room and think about what you have done!!!!!... let this be a lesson to you!!!!...

...sorry Xast... I couldn't help myself lol!... it's late... I've had some rums and I was bored... please ignore my sillyness :rolleyes::whistling::biggrin:... I get like this sometimes :angelic: lol!... cheers.:)

Okay so my school is across the road from the Glasshouse and I walk passed it every day. A few months ago when the block people first arrived they just had heaps of promotional stuff out the front, like the 9 logo and posters of Big Brother and Big Bang Theory and stuff. And that's just the poster. If you walk by it you can still see remnants of the Block Shop they opened for a bit

Also, for what it's worth, the place is nowhere near completed so they haven't finished filming. Unless that's the Block's twist, idk.
You must be studying at NICA! or nmit ;)

Yeah the posters and stuff out the front were to trcik the contestants at the start to think that it was the actual Nine Network they were walking into.

In terms of the "nowhere near finished" the contestants have finished but there are contractors fitting out all of the sales spaces on the ground floor.

You must be studying at NICA! or nmit ;)

Yeah the posters and stuff out the front were to trcik the contestants at the start to think that it was the actual Nine Network they were walking into.

In terms of the "nowhere near finished" the contestants have finished but there are contractors fitting out all of the sales spaces on the ground floor.
Yeah, Melbourne Polytechnic which is NMIT.

Haha okay, I have no idea how the Block works, I'm just sittin' here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for BB.

Back