Skip to main content

How will The Block affect Big Brother?

pawlini

I've got the power
I keep seeing ads for the new Block series coming soon. Nothing for Big Brother which means The Block will come first.. We all know Block takes up a big chunk of their schedule. usually at minimum hour episodes each night at 7.30pm.

How will Big Brother fit in? Will it be mostly on GO! this year?

Tl:dr

Some options
1. Run concurrently on Nine with BB becoming a 'late night' show. Ie 7:30 Block and 8:30 BB
2. BB on Go! (Stupid, because I would think there is a large crossover with Block and BB Fans)
3. Both shows or one gets a drastically reduced length series.
4. BB is held over or ran into non-ratings season
5. Nobody, not even Nine, know what they are going to do. Lol

The Voice has another 5 or 6 weeks to run. Voice Kids however that works would probably be shorter and have maybe 5 weeks left?

The Block might be reduced since its an overload this year and they have already finished and filming the next one.

I hope they do make Big Brother a later version but I doubt it.

The Voice has another 5 or 6 weeks to run. Voice Kids however that works would probably be shorter and have maybe 5 weeks left?

The Block might be reduced since its an overload this year and they have already finished and filming the next one.

I hope they do make Big Brother a later version but I doubt it.

They aren't filming the next block yet, they are still in audition phase.
But yes I believe the glasshouse has all been filmed (bar the auctions, of course).
I can't see Glasshouse being less than 11 weeks. Perhaps 10 weeks, but not as short as 6 weeks.

Some options
1. Run concurrently on Nine with BB becoming a 'late night' show. Ie 7:30 Block and 8:30 BB
2. BB on Go! (Stupid, because I would think there is a large crossover with Block and BB Fans)
3. Both shows or one gets a drastically reduced length series.
4. BB is held over or ran into non-ratings season
5. Nobody, not even Nine, know what they are going to do. Lol

The fact that not so much a squeak of a promo for BB has yet aired would indicate it won't launch in the next eight weeks. But the house is gutted for renovation, the HM auditions have concluded, so it's on its way... eventually

If it starts on or after 5 October the entire season will air during daylight saving time (well, not in Qld/NT/WA obviously), which makes things a little easier logistically than having it kick in part way. But then it'll run right up until the end of the year, well into the off ratings season.

All very odd.

Random thought: Could they be planning to axe ACA?

I'm sure the dodgy builders of Australia would be happy if ACA was axed, but I don't see Nine getting rid of it.... Unless it costs Nine too much to produce (which I don't think it does). We all know Nine is like a billion dollars in debt.
I really am starting to think we will be getting a later time slot this year.... At least for a few weeks.

I really think you are jumping to conclusions.

Just because BB promo's haven't started, doesn't mean that it will be affected because of The BLOCK.

I can also say that the Kids VOICE has more than just 5 weeks left to it. Its only airing once a week, they have had 1 show. Judges only have 2 or 3 members on their Teams after 1 episode has aired.

Just because BB promo's haven't started, doesn't mean that it will be affected because of The BLOCK.

I can also say that the Kids BB has more than just 5 weeks left to it. Its only airing once a week, they have had 1 show. Judges only have 2 or 3 members on their Teams after 1 episode has aired.
Kids BB... I must of missed that show... When is it on?

Last year remember? It had that annoying fish Surly. It's on again this year we're just not sure when.
giphy.gif

For reference, last year the first BB promo aired six weeks before the show started.

I can also say that the Kids VOICE has more than just 5 weeks left to it. Its only airing once a week, they have had 1 show. Judges only have 2 or 3 members on their Teams after 1 episode has aired.
The Block always takes up the 7.30pm slot and their eps run a minimum of an hour. There's no room for Big Brother unless they make it later.

The Block always takes up the 7.30pm slot and their eps run a minimum of an hour. There's no room for Big Brother unless they make it later.

@Brekkie and I discussed this in the international forums... It might actually be beneficial for BB to move to a later slot... The Block seems to do a better job dominating the 7:30 time-slot than BB does and the format in general leads itself to a more mature audience to begin with... Less competition might actually lead not only to a better storyline but better ratings...

i dont care about the block just JUST AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T MAKE BB SHORT!

The Block starts in August. I read an article this morning about them purchasing an old hotel for the next season after Glasshouse which airs in August but I can't find the article now, just the daily mail saying they didn't purchase the old hotel. Whatevs. I hate The Block now. I was a hard core fan and then they put those bloody twins on it. I suffered through it and then they put them on again and I watched bits and pieces and then they put them on a fucking third time and I didn't watch a single episode. The twins can just fuck off. As can Scotty Cam.

Back