Skip to main content

Housemate Hunt 2014

haha sure, first I'll start off with the "nerdy/footballer".. lol
As I previously mentioned earlier.. the first thing in round one that we had to do.. was hold up either 1, 2 ,3 or 4 fingers.. and depending on how many fingers were put up.. we had to rattle off that amount of interesting facts about ourselves.
So this guy.. early 20's.. skinny jeans and a dressy shirt that was buttoned up to his collar and dressy looking shoes along with the thick, black rimmed hipster style glasses that gave him a nerdy/clark kent type of look.. (he actually said that he dresses as clark kent often because people say he looks like him) He said as his interesting points about him.. is that he is unique because he is athletic and plays football (afl) but his personality is that he is a nerd at heart and he finds it hard when all his fellow sports mates can't talk about comics and games etc when that's what he loves.

The 2nd girl.. the vegetarian, seemed quiet at first, but proved to be very opinionated and she always made sure to voice her self.. and quite often.. her opinion was against the crowd. She was kinda short and small... but has the kick and punch to her personality.
And the 3rd guy took awhile for him to shine.. but once a question about the death penalty came out and we started discussing religion,
he came out of his shell to reveal to us all that he came out to his family as gay a few years ago.. but he had to hide it for so long to protect his family and their religious beliefs. But he said he's not christian or any of the big name religious.. just more so spiritual in his beliefs. He was a tall guy and in his 30's.

I think once it was all over.. from our overall group, it was obvious that they would go through, but that came down to the fact that those 3
seemed to be that bit more outspoken and opinionated on what they stood for.. they put their voices forward more often and showed that confidence to the casting producers.. Unfortunately for me.. I'm not an extravert and I can't always get my opinion out and loud enough to be heard when you have these others who talk right away. Though it wouldn't seem like the casting produce had singled those 3 out at all... they did give us all our chance to be seen and heard amongst all of us.
Ohhhh ok I see what you mean now. I really appreciate you going into more detail. Based on that tiny bit of info I can kind of see why those 3 appealed to the producers. Cheers Robbie :)

Not that had taken any notice of that this year.. Last year I made it to round 3 and started my day off with pink highlighter on my page..
This year.. my page was never highlighted at all and I didn't progress...
But I don't know if anyone else pages had gotten highlighter on them this year
Thx for the reply.
Hmm definitely a bit weird that you made it to round 3 then couldnt even make it past the first round today but from what I remember the casting producers were changed this year who are in charge of round 1. So maybe thats why?...

More info on round 3 with Alex?

There was a huge amount of "hipsters" in the crowd this year.. A few fem gays that stood out and of course the one or two odd balls in the crowd that each had their own unique quirk. And then just some plain boring people.
I also had 2 18 yr old girls in my round one group... One directioners :/
Omg I wanted to shoot myself listening to their recounts of almost getting up close and personal with Harry styles.
Cringe cringe..
This is where you should have told them to shut the fuck up and caused a bit of conflict ;)

Then they had us stand up and they had 2 little cones on the floor.. 0ne said "100%" and the other was "0%" with 50% being the middel
and she threw out some opinion statements that we had to stand by the cone that represented our sort of opinion stance.
[^This is where I thought I made my mistake.. the statement was.. "Do you think that you are lying about yourself, to make yourself happy?"(or something like that)]
Turns out.. I was the only one who stood at 100% on that.. LOL
I hate that tactic, I had to do that with a different show I auditioned for coming to TV soon and I pretty much stayed in the middle for all the questions, they want people with strong opinions either way not a fence sitter.

10155047_230341557154390_4316998336403836120_n.jpg

I'm on the top right... and the (Clark kent) look a like.. that I auditioned with.. and he went through to round 2 is on the bottom right.

Well I can confirm that I definitely had a different casting producer for round 1 this year.. where as the previous 2 years I ended up going through round 1 with the exact same casting producer girl for both years.

Round 3 with Alex.. if you have seen the video posted by Tim last week explaining the audition process..
He explains it well
but for round 3.. you sit in a waiting room, isolated away from where the rest of the auditions are going on..

You get your "pro photo" taken and your application details and drivers license are filled in by that staff member who takes your photo.
You are then given a terms and conditions notice that informs you that you have made it to round 3..
and as such you are not aloud to discuss with anyone that you have made it that far in the auditions.. you are told to turn off your phone
and to take a seat with maybe 5 other successful people who made it to round 3, but you are made to sit spaced out from each other and can not
get into a big discussion with whom ever is around you.
Meanwhile.. Alex is down in his little office room.. conducting each of the individual interviews with the round 3 people.
So you just have to wait until Alex calls you down and then once in, he just wants to get to know you.
he will ask about your life, ask you why you think that you would be interesting.. he asks you about what role you might play in the house.
He will ask you if you are in it to win it.. how you might deal with conflict.. he ask if you have seen previous seasons and he will
put in the role of a previous housemate to find out how you would react.

my interview with him honestly only last.. maybe 7 minutes and then from that point.. you go home..
and you either get an email asking you to come back to a secret round of auditions or you just don't hear back at all.

That was a pretty interesting read. Im sure you were pretty nervous when you got to meet Alex. Why do you think you didnt make it further then round 3?

Oddly enough.. I think it had to do with my answer.. for when he asked me, how long do I think I could last in the house and do I think I could win big brother...
I just gave my honest opinion... which i guess was pretty low on myself.
I told him that I personally could not see myself make it past week 2 or 3 and that no I wouldn't win it.

He told me after that.. he was surprised by my honest answer.. as most people he asks, tells him that they are in it to win it all the way through till the end.
I could have kicked myself in the gut a 1000 times after leaving that office, think back over that answer haha
Damn mate that sucks! maybe you should audition in brisbane again tomorrow. Im suprised he said that every person is in it to win it

I was thinking about going back again today, sadly I only really had enough money to get myself to Brisbane and back yesterday.
Plus..
Does anyone here actually know if you are allowed to re-apply to your own audition venue for the 2nd day in a row after being turned down the first time??
I've tried asking the official BBAU twitter account & FB account with no response from either, which I find pretty poor of them.
But I read the Audition FAQ's page on their site.. and it only say's "you can reapply for ANOTHER venue, in other states"..
Nothing on their about your own state or same venue for a 2nd go, sorta 2 day's in a row.
I was reading some comments left on the official FB BBAU page from others that have asked the same question.. still with no response from the BB team, but others left comments saying that they were told yesterday by staff at the auditions, that if they didn't get through past round one yesterday.. then don't bother trying again tomorrow/today?
So I don't know what the go with that is..
But like I said.. I'd love to get back down to Brissy today to give it another shot, but I'm just over an hour away from Brisbane city and don't really have the money or time now to at least try again today.

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of video's and "inside" photo's we have been provided with this year. In 2012 and 2013 they uploaded 1-3 video's from each audition venue and Little Sister posted photo's of Round 2 auditions and some sneak peek's at Round 3 auditions. All we have got this year is a couple of quotes from Round 1 and the annual photo album of people lining up.

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of video's and "inside" photo's we have been provided with this year. In 2012 and 2013 they uploaded 1-3 video's from each audition venue and Little Sister posted photo's of Round 2 auditions and some sneak peek's at Round 3 auditions. All we have got this year is a couple of quotes from Round 1 and the annual photo album of people lining up.
You know a few videos are being posted on Instagram?

Like this one for instance:
http://instagram.com/p/mbI-1aLJZX/

I suspect this is from Round 1 - does anybody know what the hell they are actually doing?
More here: http://instagram.com/officialbbau9

Also with all these housemates appearing at the auditions - I'm guessing none will be there for SA, TAS and ACT auditions. Unless they are going to fly in housemates or Tully might be in SA for the Easter long weekend maybe they can convince her to stay for the auditions (likely not).

I suspect this is from Round 1 - does anybody know what the hell they are actually doing?

Also with all these housemates appearing at the auditions - I'm guessing none will be there for SA, TAS and ACT auditions. Unless they are going to fly in housemates or Tully might be in SA for the Easter long weekend maybe they can convince her to stay for the auditions (likely not).

I' think Tim and maybe Tahan are attending Canberra. They might send Ed to SA (because he's from their originally), and maybe like a Jazz/Xavier/Rohan/Caleb to Tassie, because there will be overkill of HM's in Melbourne

Yeah but they are just brief little snippets. Last year they uploaded 2-3 minute youtube video's with a producer talking about the audition process and all that jazz.

Got some info from a mate who auditioned up in Brisbane.

-Highlighters are being used on certain peoples audition sheets with the same patterns and colour. Saw 3 ppl with this.
-Saw 4 fast tracks go through in about an hour. My mate overheard (sitting right behind the computer staff) one of the fast tracks went in on saturday and didnt make it past round 2 and came back the next day and got the audition sheet highlighted like above...Seems to be like a free pass again.
-Similar games to what @~Robbie~ said, 1-4 interesting finger game, Continue the story with a sentence then acting out a drama or something similar.
-All extroverts went through to round 2 in my mates group. Pretty much the loud/showoff types.

Now i got a challenge, my mate told me exactly how the audition sheets are highlighted (as they are apparently the same). If you think you have nothing to lose and just doing this for fun, Ill tell you how to mark your sheet with the highlighter and we will see how far you get :). Send us a PM if interested.

If you got any other questions lemme know and ill ask my mate

as much as it looks like they are lying about picking the average Joe/Jane, i don't know if we want people turning up with their own wandering highlighters, that might be a bit too far altering paperwork :rolleyes:

that said, i will be waiting for the results of the challenge
Why not? People judge on first impressions, you got to do all you can to get in.

Some really "stupid" kid posted and revealed and basically broke his confidentiality agreement on Facebook by posting this picture.

n1CG77R.jpg

He probably will get caught and won't make it any further

Seriously how silly can you be...

Why not? People judge on first impressions, you got to do all you can to get in.

not by changing the form, i would consider that a no no. it might get you through the next stage, but you would have cheated to get there, yes i said it, cheated. call me honest and then stone me, i'll get my bike helmet, watch my ribs :)

Some really "stupid" kid posted and revealed and basically broke his confidentiality agreement on Facebook by posting this picture.

n1CG77R.jpg

What an idiot! Where did he post this? On the BB facebook page??

n1CG77R.jpg

Tim already outlined the idea of that letter to the public in his "audition advice" video.. I mean the whole process now, up until the final 50.. Is bassicly public knowledge

What an idiot! Where did he post this? On the BB facebook page??

No he posted it on his own Facebook wall... But it's public and everyone of his friends are commenting on it to tell him to take it down and he's like nah it's fine it's between me and Facebook they won't find it... I found it because I read some comments on some photos from the Hunt today and people were saying he posted it so I went to his profile and saw it myself...

Back