Skip to main content

Housemate Hunt 2014

Ok I just got an email. My main question is how did I get on the mailing list for this?! I've never applied for Big Brother before and have no plans to ever do so.

They are going to 2 country towns. Townsville in Queensland and Albury in NSW. They are also going to Tasmania, Canberra, and Newcastle again. They must be trying to find a more diverse bunch of people this year. I wish they would go to NT because they could find some really different and interesting people up there.

I'm ready to audition
fvuTPbu.gif

What are your thoughts on auditions taking place in places like Albury, Townsville, Canberra, and Launceston? We will hopefully get a wider variety of people.

Can't say much since I don't know them THAT well, but it really depends on the brief to staff as to how "unique" a personality they'll be looking for. Here's hoping for some "crazies".

The reason they have decided to do those places are because so many people put in pre register to be a housemate those places had a big response.

Gold Coast has no Auditions this year, but maybe that may be a hint.

The budget is bigger again this year.

That is all, for now

I love how they have cast out a wide net for this year.
Hopefully more and more of the cast will be picked up on tour, and not booked from talent company's
:p

I have a friend from NZ, who has entered.
Will be interesting to see what happens if he makes it to the next stage.

I love how they have cast out a wide net for this year.
Hopefully more and more of the cast will be picked up on tour, and not booked from talent company's
:p

I have a friend from NZ, who has entered.
Will be interesting to see what happens if he makes it to the next stage.
Yeah hopefully they can find a wider range of people and not just city folk from Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne where the majority of housemates have come from the past 2 years. I am surprised they are doing 2 days in Brisbane and none on the Gold Coast. I know there were no housemates from the Gold Coast last year(Except intruder Madeline) but 2012 had Bradley, Angie, Charne, and Sam all apply at the GC auditions. I guess the GC people will just go to the Brisbane auditions and if it means they can afford to have auditions in places like Albury and Launceston than that is fine with me.

I wonder if the number of applicants from New Zealand will increase after last season aired in NZ.

If a New Zealander is cast as housemate it would almost certainly mean that Big Brother would air in NZ. The same thing happened with Australian Idol, we got the first few seasons then nothing but when Stan Walker was a contestant that's when it came back.

If a New Zealander is cast as housemate it would almost certainly mean that Big Brother would air in NZ. The same thing happened with Australian Idol, we got the first few seasons then nothing but when Stan Walker was a contestant that's when it came back.

Yes that year we were even able to vote in Australian Idol and got the finale Live.

Back