Skip to main content

Hi @gemmasixfootsix!!

Hi again @gemma6foot6 :)
1) When and how do you found out that you were going to be a BB Housemate?
2) What was that moment like? - Where were you? - What were your emotions like? - Were they hard to contain?
3) Did you struggle to not let people know? - What did you tell your friends (I mean they would have noticed you missing during Lockdown)?

4) Did Housemates have Launch/Opening Night rehearsals (eg, walking on stage, meeting Sonia, entering the House)?
5) What was it like when you first entered the House compound (eg, the main entrance, the camera runs, etc)?
6) While in the House did Housemates practice Eviction walks, etc?

7) Were the microphones you had to wear a 'pain in the butt'?
8) Did you ever have any contact with cameramen (awkwardly through the glass/mirrors or anything)?
9) Do you dislike it when fans come up to you? - Do you prefer them to just leave. chat, take photos with you, or both?
10( This one may be a bit odd) Did you at anytime feel 'ripped-off' by the production of the show. For example, using the same opening titles (with a different theme though), or similar stage (the stage was better though), or anything else?
5. So Jake and I walked of stage and we were immediately I should into a van we were told not to speak to each other and just to wait until we got into the house we were quickly driven to the front entrance where we were given our red microphone lanyards and Jake and I would just so excited we only got to see the front entrance of the housewe didn't see any of the camera runs or anything we stood and waited for the camera to turn on there was a cameraman and a producer there and they told us to walk through the doors and to make sure that we spent lots of time together because we were a pair then we walked in and we were there by ourselves we thought we were the first two in the house.
6. We didn't practice our eviction walk but we did talk a lot about when we were on stage with Sonia and how stupid we must've sounded and talked about how it was cool that the kids wanted to touch our hands and stuff but other than that we didn't really practice the walk or anything

2) What was that moment like? - Where were you? - What were your emotions like? - Were they hard to contain?
3) Did you struggle to not let people know? - What did you tell your friends (I mean they would have noticed you missing during Lockdown)?

4) Did Housemates have Launch/Opening Night rehearsals (eg, walking on stage, meeting Sonia, entering the House)?
5) What was it like when you first entered the House compound (eg, the main entrance, the camera runs, etc)?

8) Did you ever have any contact with cameramen (awkwardly through the glass/mirrors or anything)?
9) Do you dislike it when fans come up to you? - Do you prefer them to just leave. chat, take photos with you, or both?
10( This one may be a bit odd) Did you at anytime feel 'ripped-off' by the production of the show. For example, using the same opening titles (with a different theme though), or similar stage (the stage was better though), or anything else?
7. The microphones were actually not too bad we got used to them very quickly I think it was because we didn't have our phones and most people carry their phones the whole time so the little microphone pack was just like having your phone in bed with you or in your pocket the only time it was annoying is when we had to take it off to go in the shower or pool and forget to put it back on. Jason and skye were the worst at forgetting to wear their microphone they would constantly get in trouble I remember Jason had to do 150 push-ups because he kept forgetting to wear it then about half an hour later he forgot again and had to do another 50 push-ups his arms were like jelly for the rest of the day. And Skye kept having to go to timeouts and stand and face the wall in one of the episodes you see me sitting at the bottom of the stairs and talking to her she was in timeout then, she would've been standing there for at least an hour and a half. The rest of us were pretty good at remembering. There was also a time when we were playing what we called tennis in the backyard playing with the footballs and the exercise Rope when Jake went to get a ball and fell in the pool with his microphone on he tried to save it but had to take it up to the diary room they are worth like $5000 each so he felt really bad but they managed to fix it

8. We never really had anything to do with the cameraman in the house you would offer on here bumps in the wall where they would bump into the walls in the Camera runs other than that there were the ball cameras which you see on the roof in the middle of the room you could always hear them turning with sort of a zzzzzz sound. Although there was this funny occasion when I was in the green bedroom and Jason was in there too we were just changing and I was about to swap my bra over and the ball camera turned from Jason to me and so I looked up at it and said "really all I'm doing is changing my bra you can't show it anyway coz its a pg show so turn away please"...and then it turned away it was funny actually

9. I love it when fans come up to me before I was on Big Brother I was a huge fan of the show and a lot of other reality television so whenever I met someone from the show or met a celebrity I got a real kick out of it and are used to get so excited. So now that I have been a housemate I love that I get to give that same excitement to other people I'm quite happy to take selfies, chat I will literally spend 20 minutes if you have questions it's super fun because people get so excited I just hate it when they are too shy to come up and then tell me on Instagram that they saw me. I love talking about my big brother experience I had an absolute blast so why wouldn't I want to share it.

I didn't find out until after I was evicted that there was no live feeds and how little they were actually showing of us so I guess you can say I was very disappointed I wanted live feeds I thought that it would be more fun with them. Even just the Twitter feed like in 2013... I didn't really know anything else like the theme music or anything like that we were just excited to get a two story house at least the house was different this year and nothing like last years[DOUBLEPOST=1426962824][/DOUBLEPOST]I hope that answers your questions if you have any more don't hesitate to ask

Thank you @gemma6foot6 ! :woot:
I will no doubt have more questions. Thank you for taking the time to answer them.

I've only ever come into close contact with one BB Housemate before (Bridget from 2008) but I was to frightened to talk to her. I wasn't really a fan back then though, and I was only young. I often dream about Big Brother Housemates, meeting them, being friends with them. In fact, I dreamt about meeting you last night... it's crazy I know. :wacky:

I would honestly rather meet a Big Brother Housemate than any other form of celebrity or public figure. Like if I had the chance to meet say Angelina Jolie or @gemma6foot6, I would choose Gemma any day! :)

7. The microphones were actually not too bad we got used to them very quickly I think it was because we didn't have our phones and most people carry their phones the whole time so the little microphone pack was just like having your phone in bed with you or in your pocket the only time it was annoying is when we had to take it off to go in the shower or pool and forget to put it back on. Jason and skye were the worst at forgetting to wear their microphone they would constantly get in trouble I remember Jason had to do 150 push-ups because he kept forgetting to wear it then about half an hour later he forgot again and had to do another 50 push-ups his arms were like jelly for the rest of the day. And Skye kept having to go to timeouts and stand and face the wall in one of the episodes you see me sitting at the bottom of the stairs and talking to her she was in timeout then, she would've been standing there for at least an hour and a half. The rest of us were pretty good at remembering. There was also a time when we were playing what we called tennis in the backyard playing with the footballs and the exercise Rope when Jake went to get a ball and fell in the pool with his microphone on he tried to save it but had to take it up to the diary room they are worth like $5000 each so he felt really bad but they managed to fix it

I always wondered why she was just standing there looking at herself in the mirror! Glad to know it wasn't just vanity.

Skye kept having to go to timeouts and stand and face the wall in one of the episodes you see me sitting at the bottom of the stairs and talking to her she was in timeout then, she would've been standing there for at least an hour and a half.

I always wondered why she was just standing there looking at herself in the mirror! Glad to know it wasn't just vanity.

If forgetting her microphone meant that Skye got to look at herself in the mirror for 1 1/2 hours (which I'm sure she loved to do) then she probably started doing it on purpose, hence BB taking away her make-up instead.

@gemma6foot6, what is your opinion on Big Brother Australia not returning this year?
It's totally disappointing, I at least thought they might do a small returning players season or a celeb bb especially after the success of I'm a celebrity. The Logie nom is a good sign but we would have to win it to even have a chance at returning. Channel 9 really didn't show it enough. I think endemol did a great job of getting the show together but 9 restricted them too much

Yeah I don't get how they can't do a celeb version this year? They have the house sitting there, they can rope in a bunch of wannabe famous again celebs and have a short season.

Yeah I don't get how they can't do a celeb version this year? They have the house sitting there, they can rope in a bunch of wannabe famous again celebs and have a short season.
I'd prefer a returning players season but either way works

In UK, they had ultimate BB (when C4 was ditching it) . It had returning housemates from previous series and was hugely enjoyable - although not all my favourites were on it. Surprised it isn't returning, we thought the same here but Channel 5 picked it up and gave it a new lease of life. Ratings have been getting better every series (and more contraversial housemates!) and of course shows a lot more that the Oz version does (although not having the live feed is still a pain!) but we get to see at least an hour a day, followed by spin off shows and live feed on eviction nights.

Hope it returns, only just really got into it after following BB here since 1st series.

@gemma6foot6 I just wanted to say that you were my favourite HM from the get-go and you had my full support the whole time. I remember in the beginning of the series this forum was not too terribly supportive of you but I always liked you. I was so upset you went first and the truth is that when you got evicted I stopped watching and have not watched a single episode of your series since then and I'm 99% certain I never will. I never even watched your eviction episode and don't want to, the way you got voted out sounds awful. You are a nice person, you give off warm vibes, but you're different and you're misunderstood. The other people in the house for the most part were "too cool for school" and they couldn't be bothered trying to understand you, or care about you. Reading your answers here about how excited you were to get into BB and to be sitting in the car on your way to the studio on launch night etc., I feel actually quite sad. You were probably one of the few HMs in your series that were actual fans of BB and were there for the experience, others were there to further their modelling career. It's nice that you say your BB experience was amazing even though you undoubtedly got the short end of the stick and were treated quite shockingly. And it says a lot that you're still here talking to us like 5 months after your series ended -- don't see any of the other HMs hanging out with us here.

Out of all the HMs to have ever been in BBAU from 2001 to 2014, there's only a handful of ones I feel I could be true genuine friends with, and you're one of them.

Wishing you all the best. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just a couple of more questions....... for now:
1) What does the Big Brother voice sound like inside the House? Where are the speakers?
2) Is it easy to hear through the walls (e.g. Housemates in different rooms, Big Brother speaking in different rooms) of the House?
3) What does the House feel, smell, taste and sound like? :p
4) Did Big Brother always start with, "This is Big Brother" and how many Big Brother's would you say you heard? Any females?
5) What are some of the opportunities after Big Brother that you otherwise would not have had?
6) I know you said last year that you hadn't watched the show yet so have you now?
7) What did you think of your time in the House compared to on T.V?
8) How often do you get recognised?
9) Why are you so awesome?

Love, SepiaBird

Just a couple of more questions....... for now:
1) What does the Big Brother voice sound like inside the House? Where are the speakers?
2) Is it easy to hear through the walls (e.g. Housemates in different rooms, Big Brother speaking in different rooms) of the House?
3) What does the House feel, smell, taste and sound like? :p
4) Did Big Brother always start with, "This is Big Brother" and how many Big Brother's would you say you heard? Any females?
5) What are some of the opportunities after Big Brother that you otherwise would not have had?
6) I know you said last year that you hadn't watched the show yet so have you now?
7) What did you think of your time in the House compared to on T.V?
8) How often do you get recognised?
9) Why are you so awesome?

Love, SepiaBird
I promise I will answer these soon asap

Hi Gemma, how many seasons of BBAU have you seen? Did you watch all of the Channel 10 seasons? If so, I have a few questions about them:

1. Did you like Gretel Killeen?

2. Which Channel 10 season is your favourite?

3. Which housemates from the Channel 10 seasons were your favourite housemates?

4. Did you watch any of the Channel 10 seasons on Youtube last year before entering the house?

5. Did you or any of the housemates talk about the history of BBAU while in the house e.g. the old Channel 10 seasons and how some of you would have been children and teenagers while it was on and how it is weird how you guys are now on the show? In addition to this, did you guys ever talk about how weird it is that you guys are living in the same house and are on the same TV program that people were on and living in over 13 years earlier? That might be a strange question and I know that one of the rules of BB is you are not allowed to talk about previous seasons but I can't help but think that you guys would have as you had so much time on your hands.

Back