Skip to main content

Gretel..

Well yeah... She had to pull about 40-45 minutes (incl. commercials) of TV out of thin air while they counted the votes because of their stupidity earlier in the night.

And what was her reward for what she managed to do that night? Oh yeah, unemployment. :(
Pay rise was needed more like it.

You tell me who else could do that, live? Probably not many.

Her general 'aggressive' headmistress condescending demeanour towards most male hms should be enough of a clue which was in stark contrast to how she interviewed the vast majority of female hms (pleasant and civil).

But there was one male nerd hm, I can't remember from which season, where she treated him with utter contempt for no apparent reason. The guy was fairly inoffensive and non-entity during his time in the house but Gretel could hardly hide her disdain for the guy whilst interviewing him, you could tell she could not wait to get away from him.

Like I said I have no time for arrogant tossers irrespective of their sex and I make no exception for Gretel either. :D

I don't know why Gretel doesn't have her own talk show, she is articulate, can think on the spot, has a great sense of humour and is not afraid to ask juicy questions when need be. Gretel Killeen and Toni Collette are my two favourite australian entertainers.

Her general 'aggressive' headmistress condescending demeanour towards most male hms should be enough of a clue which was in stark contrast to how she interviewed the vast majority of female hms (pleasant and civil).

But there was one male nerd hm, I can't remember from which season, where she treated him with utter contempt for no apparent reason. The guy was fairly inoffensive and non-entity during his time in the house but Gretel could hardly hide her disdain for the guy whilst interviewing him, you could tell she could not wait to get away from him.

Like I said I have no time for arrogant tossers irrespective of their sex and I make no exception for Gretel either. :D
If he was a non-entity then he deserved to be ripped a new one for going on BB.

Dude must have been a hell of a non-entity, I clearly remember feeling the same way about the interview but can't remember who it was either!

I'm pretty sure Gretel wouldn't have been willing to be host again. Maybe, probably not.

But regardless, I would much rather a host that is a journalist and can think on her feet. Sonia is... okay, but she's only a host. There's no substance there. I want a host that would have called Tully out on her shit last year, not just let it be brushed aside, y'know?

I don't know why Gretel doesn't have her own talk show, she is articulate, can think on the spot, has a great sense of humour and is not afraid to ask juicy questions when need be. Gretel Killeen and Toni Collette are my two favourite australian entertainers.

She should do a reverse beauty and the beast, her with an all-male panel. She would eat them alive.

@ 2 hours, 16mins, 43 secs

Poor Gretel had it by the end of that episode. It was culmination of so many things going wrong at that Finale, all due to the fact that they revealed who was in the lead in the voting at the start of the episode. It resulted in a voting system meltdown which caused a domino effect, thus creating the most drawn out, unpredictable, mess of a Finale ever. :sorry:
OH GOD. That's hilarious. Was that the last year she did it? Oh and housemates always seem hotter in my head.

I wonder if Big Brother went back to 10 /cough/nextyear/cough/ if she'd start hosting again. That season would be legend.....daaaiiiry!!!!!

Edited: Sorry I didn't see someone else posted she got unemployment after this season.

Also, it seems like this will be a short series of videos with Gretel, so yay! :D More coming soon apparently.

And how ironic that she is playing a Minister for Men, considering all the "misandry" claims during her time on BB. :hilarious:

Love you Gretel!

And how ironic that she is playing a Minister for Men, considering all the "misandry" claims during her time on BB. :hilarious:

Love you Gretel!

Pretty sure that would have been a very big reason why they chose Gretel as it's akin to our own Minister for Women.

Y'all who didn't know she was on The Project (why isn't she permanently part of the panel, by the way?) are obviously fake bitches because she mentioned it on Twitter... albeit about thirty seconds before it went on air. :tongue:

Back