Skip to main content

Gretel..

Gretel wouldn't come back, she was on Mornings a few weeks ago when I caught it and someone mentioned her hosting big brother, and in that calm acid tongue way she has, she put him in his place, seemed pretty happy to have distanced herself from the show

I want to see that video. I'm going to have to go through "Mornings" back catalogue of videos! :arghh: But it's worth it seeing Gretel talk about BB and dismissing it! :p

I want to see that video. I'm going to have to go through "Mornings" back catalogue of videos! :arghh: But it's worth it seeing Gretel talk about BB and dismissing it! :p

Haha sadly was only like maybe a 4 second thing, a look and a comment like "I don't really know why you'd bring that up or the relevance" kind of thing, then moved on, it was a day Sonia wasn't on too

Does anyone remember Gretel stacking it? Once on here ass walking down the step into the back yard and then on her face walking through mirror tunnel at the back of the stage. I still lol thinking bout it! Poor Gretel!

Unfortunately Gretel doesn't fill that quota anymore and, apart from her stints on Mornings (does she still do that?) she has pretty much dropped off the radar nowadays.

But yeah, unfortunately Gretel wouldn't suit the show today, nor any show to be completely honest. I'm sure she's quite happy living away from the spotlight too after being a very prominent figure on our screens for a long time. Best wishes to her, I say.

Any show? I respectfully disagree.

Gretel is usually quite busy, she appear on all 3 networks' breakfast and morning shows. Her stints on Studio 10 come with fairly significant social media love. On another forum where I suggested to the EP of studio 10 that he get Gretel more, he said he loved her and would get her on more.

Yes I agree she probably wouldn't be interested in BB anymore, but an opinion based chat or panel show would be a terrific vehicle for her.

She is an amazingly talented woman. She can give an opinion with sensationalizing and without getting butthurt to be disagreed with.

[disclaimer: I have what is probably described as an unhealthy obsession with Ms Killeen]

Does anyone remember Gretel stacking it? Once on here ass walking down the step into the back yard and then on her face walking through mirror tunnel at the back of the stage. I still lol thinking bout it! Poor Gretel!
The mirror tunnel fall was during the first ever Eviction - it was revealed on-air years later that she actually nearly severed off the tip of her pinky finger (it was only just still attached) on the broken glass stuck to the walls and she did the entire show with the hand to the side, outside of the camera's view and once the show was over she went to the ER.

There is a video on YouTube somewhere...

The mirror tunnel fall was during the first ever Eviction - it was revealed on-air years later that she actually nearly severed off the tip of her pinky finger (it was only just still attached) on the broken glass stuck to the walls and she did the entire show with the hand to the side, outside of the camera's view and once the show was over she went to the ER.

There is a video on YouTube somewhere...

Yeah I remember, it looked like a really painful stack! The one where she slipped down the stairs on her bum was funny though! Lol I think it was while she was running around giving the house tour (remember when we had them?). She really was a trooper and can't be beat that's for sure!

Gretel is usually quite busy, she appear on all 3 networks' breakfast and morning shows. Her stints on Studio 10 come with fairly significant social media love. On another forum where I suggested to the EP of studio 10 that he get Gretel more, he said he loved her and would get her on more.

Yes I agree she probably wouldn't be interested in BB anymore, but an opinion based chat or panel show would be a terrific vehicle for her.

She is an amazingly talented woman. She can give an opinion with sensationalizing and without getting butthurt to be disagreed with.

[disclaimer: I have what is probably described as an unhealthy obsession with Ms Killeen]
I love her too <3

I love gretel. i'm very young so i didn't get to watch all of the old seasons but what i did watch I loved her. I love her even more now knowing she's a strong feminist

I take that back. This thread gave me some inspiration today to watch a lot of Gretel's recent stuff and I only just realised just how much she's still doing. I actually had no idea that she alternates between Channels 7, 9 and 10.

Also, @Dann I found this you might be interested in:

http://www.yourtv.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1033844&showcomments=true

"Eleven years ago, yes that long ago, I hosted the first series of Big Brother on Australian TV. Tonight, a new series of BB begins on a different network with a different host in a different decade. I'm often asked how I think it will fare. I choose to guess it will be a great success because BB is a strong format and Sonia Kruger will be a terrific host. I choose to be positive because I'm tired of Australians unhealthily wishing failure on one another in vacuous displays of schadenfreude, a possible ironic consequence of 11 years of reality TV colliding with a nation suffering low self-esteem."

P.S. An unhealthy obsession with Gretel is NOT a bad thing! Also guilty. ;)

Didn't she get super burned out and get upset when in the finale of the final year she hosted, she got hit or cuddletackled or something by the winner? I remember her getting really mad but keeping her professional face on and trying to wrap up the show.

Didn't she get super burned out and get upset when in the finale of the final year she hosted, she got hit or cuddletackled or something by the winner? I remember her getting really mad but keeping her professional face on and trying to wrap up the show.
Ah, the rubber chicken...

Back