Skip to main content

Gretel Killeen on Studio 10 this week

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor
I have always loved Gretel.

This morning she was on Studio 10, and reminded me again why I love her.

She added more to the first half hour of the show than Ita Buttrose has added to the whole season. She is an articulate and intelligent personality. Would someone in the industry give this woman a permanent spot on a show ASAP.

Whilst Jess is probably one of Australia's best newsreaders, she needs to stop interrupting.

We are always so quick to blame others for things we don't agree on without real perspective of why they may not take the actions we would have. I think what the boy did was wrong and I think it's ok to challenge the sytem on the proposed sentence but Gretel is right, we should try and understand circumstances and not sensationalize a story before knowing everything and be quick to condemn authority.

Sensationalizing a news story is what commercial TV is about these days and that is why Gretel has not got a permant job on one of the 3 big networks, she is intelligent, articulate and more importantly likes to understand circumstances about the issue that is being discussed, unlike other TV hosts these days. Also people don't want facts (YUCK!) they want to be outraged and feel emotion about a story. Facts are for the leftie inner city latte sipping ABC/SBS watchers.
I recently watched Anchorman 2 and something that I found funny was when Ron Burgendy was asking for more graphics on the screen then we see a shot of graphics going across the screen and up the bloody screen. I just thought it was funny considering now almost all news has graphics running down the bottom of the screen. It's too much information!

I too caught part of this - flicking around, I detest that show, full of morons/show ponies/desperadoes, run Gretel.
10 clear these dickheads away and beg Chrissie Swan to come back, and give her anything she asks for.

The awful skeletor blonde, is one of the worst heads on TV, she is dim and utterly without any charm.

So as usual, only Gretel understood the real story - all the rest just did the JUMP ON A HEADLINE , small tv trick, most popular with shock jocks and slimes.

The rapist plead guilty - that means there was not a trial.
The judge made comment on SENTENCING the person.

Don't know anything about this incident so I can't comment on it but I have to say I'm genuine shocked someone like Gretel would consider the point of view of the male in a rape case. Whilst as the host of BB she always struck as someone who was a fervent 'feminazi' (feminists who argue males are always at fault in any situation involving males and females) to the point I'd label her as a proud misandrist.

...I love Gretel too...thanks for the clip bleachy... I am so surprised that Gretel kept her patience as much as she did... those others that kept interrupting her seemed like they didn't want her to have her say didn't they?... (perhaps because they know that she's way in front of them on the intelligence level?)... good on her for persisting... Gretel wasn't defending the boys actions she was merely trying to suggest to them to look at the facts... as kxk said...

So as usual, only Gretel understood the real story - all the rest just did the JUMP ON A HEADLINE , small tv trick, most popular with shock jocks and slimes.

... I totally agree... this is one of the reasons why Gretel should be hosting Big Brother instead of Sonia... she used to ask the evicted housemates how they felt about their time in the house based on the facts that she had witnessed herself in the coverage... not just ask questions based on the headlines posted by Big Brother as Sonia does...

...good on you Gretel for standing your ground until you got your point across... (mind you... I wouldn't have minded if Gretel lost it and gently bopped a couple of the others on that panel either)... yep bleachy... that's why I love Gretel too... cheers.

No Gretel doesn't need to or want to host BB again. No idea how they got her in the first place, or how she endured it so long, security I guess - plus nobody else could , as we saw .

Where she really belongs is the ABC or SBS with others with good brains.

Gretel should be given her own talk show, or a series about TV.

9 should actually have Sonya host and somebody else interview housemates, Tim Brunero & Chrissie Swan would be good.

No Gretel doesn't need to or want to host BB again. No idea how they got her in the first place, or how she endured it so long, security I guess - plus nobody else could , as we saw .

...yeah I think that you're right kxk... Gretel doesn't seem the type to go backwards in anything that she does... does she?...

Where she really belongs is the ABC or SBS with others with good brains.

Gretel should be given her own talk show, or a series about TV.

...actually she would fit in quite well in either of those channels... she would do well rubbing elbows with the likes of Geraldine Doogue or Jennifer Byrne (if they are still there of course)...

9 should actually have Sonya host and somebody else interview housemates, Tim Brunero & Chrissie Swan would be good.

...I really liked Tim Brunero... he always reminded of somebody that deliberately under-played his intelligence so as not to be singled out and disliked by others to me... he was a genuine nice person to me... I've never really been a big fan of Chrissie Swan though but I can understand why you mention her... she seems nice but I dunno... (maybe it's just me?)... cheers.

I too caught part of this - flicking around, I detest that show, full of morons/show ponies/desperadoes, run Gretel.
10 clear these dickheads away and beg Chrissie Swan to come back, and give her anything she asks for.

The awful skeletor blonde, is one of the worst heads on TV, she is dim and utterly without any charm.

What an unnecessarily spiteful and nasty thing to say about another woman.

I actually got to know Chrissie Swan while she was living here on the Sunshine Coast, and I am quietly confident that she would be appalled to hear you talk about her fellow colleagues like that.

It was great seeing Gretel on Studio 10. I miss her. She is so smart and funny. Hope one day she permanently returns to TV for her own show or hosting something? :)

I can't believe 10 is keeping on with this dreadful show, at least dump some of the dimmer, creepier panelists - the guy, is it Joe, erk, he is an idiot.

Did Itta quit? Sensible woman if she did.

If they kept the host and ditched the rest it would be an improvement.

Did anyone catch Gretel on the tail end of Sunrise the other day discussing Winkgate? Girl is looking good! If she's had work her surgeon is well worth his salary cos she looking flawless.

Did anyone catch Gretel on the tail end of Sunrise the other day discussing Winkgate? Girl is looking good! If she's had work her surgeon is well worth his salary cos she looking flawless.
You must find us a link immediately.

I have an unhealthy obsession with her.

B T Dubs she is on Studio 10 again this week. I think maybe just tomorrow.

Also didn't I tell you guys I had an unhealthy obsession... This is from another forum:

image.jpg

P.s "black box" is the executive producer of Studio 10, Rob McKnight ;)

Thanks for the heads up @Lucas.S

I just checked it out, apparently they also have the son of Fred Phelps [from the Westboro Baptist church] apparently he has walked away and is against the church now.

Should be interesting.

Gretel was on the show again today! So friggin' good having her on TV again.

I love Studio 10 with Gretel. :D

She has had a haircut and it's kind of a little bit longer than Julia Louis-Dreyfus's hair on "Veep" but same colour and the curls. Looks really great! :D I would tweet her that but I am not on twitter so... :unsure: :laugh:

Here's a pic:
293c47d.jpg

It's also great having Carlotta and Trisha Goddard on the show too!

Studio 10 is a better alternative to The Morning Show and Mornings :thumbsup:. OMG! That Brad Garrett interview yesterday was hilarious. :hilarious:

Back