Skip to main content

Gretel..

Y'all who didn't know she was on The Project (why isn't she permanently part of the panel, by the way?) are obviously fake bitches because she mentioned it on Twitter... albeit about thirty seconds before it went on air. :tongue:
In my defence. I only get on Twitter when the forum goes down :p

Let's not be pc and call a spade a spade, Stefan. Gretel was an unapologetic misandrist, plain and simple. I can't stand pompous arrogant tossers whether male (i.e. karl stefanovic) or female and Gretel undoubtedly had humongous tickets on herself. Too often she gave the impression that she thought the show was about her rather than the actual hms. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.
Completely agree re Karl. He's a pain in the proverbial, well and truly.

...Karl Stefanovic is a complete twat!... he burns my cockles whenever he is on TV... I cannot stand a bar of the arrogant tosser!... he became soooooo unbearable when he received that Gold Logie... (evenmore so than he used to be)... it went straight to his head to feed that massive ego of his... grrrrrr!... **Sticky runs his palm down his face and instantly turns back to 'happy mode**... aaaaah!... that's better... cheers.

...Karl Stefanovic is a complete twat!... he burns my cockles whenever he is on TV... I cannot stand a bar of the arrogant tosser!... he became soooooo unbearable when he received that Gold Logie... (evenmore so than he used to be)... it went straight to his head to feed that massive ego of his... grrrrrr!... **Sticky runs his palm down his face and instantly turns back to 'happy mode**... aaaaah!... that's better... cheers.
Yep indeedy lordy yep.

Minister for Men: Episode 3

Minister for Men: Episode 4

lol. Episode 4 makes a reference about how she should go on "I'm a Celebrity...".

Last edited:
Her general 'aggressive' headmistress condescending demeanour towards most male hms should be enough of a clue which was in stark contrast to how she interviewed the vast majority of female hms (pleasant and civil).

But there was one male nerd hm, I can't remember from which season, where she treated him with utter contempt for no apparent reason. The guy was fairly inoffensive and non-entity during his time in the house but Gretel could hardly hide her disdain for the guy whilst interviewing him, you could tell she could not wait to get away from him.

Like I said I have no time for arrogant tossers irrespective of their sex and I make no exception for Gretel either. :D

The housemate you are referring to is Jamie McDonald from the 2007 series. Yes I agree that was one eviction interview in particular where Gretel was quite rude and a bit over the top, even in the nomination show Jamie made small jokes about Gretel liking him and Gretel did seem like she didn't want to know the guy. But that's what made Gretel a great host! She was unscripted, uncensored and just plain brilliant. Her sarcasm gave the show a whole new aspect. The live shows felt more then just a show, they felt like national events! Gretel was obviously very into her work and was deeply engaged when talking to housemates. Sonia is so scripted and boring. When Jason was evicted last year we could see the auto cue. Sonia makes the evictions feel more like ore recorded eliminations like you see on Masterchef and the biggest loser. Sonia makes the stupidest jokes and the only reason she gets laughs is because the audience is told to. Gretel probably wouldn't be into hosting Big Brother now but I do believe that if she did return as host then that would be the shows saving grace.

Jamie Mcdonald? Is he the "I'm not crying" guy?

Yep, that's him.
From what I can remember Gretel got pissed off by him because he was saying he was getting asked questions from radio stations that he is romantically involved with her. Apparently they would have hooked up in the last 24 hours after his eviction... Gretel was disputing this.

It probably also annoyed her this accusation (joke or not) because she was linked to dating a previous HM in another season.

Yep, that's him.
From what I can remember Gretel got pissed off by him because he was saying he was getting asked questions from radio stations that he is romantically involved with her. Apparently they would have hooked up in the last 24 hours after his eviction... Gretel was disputing this.

It probably also annoyed her this accusation (joke or not) because she was linked to dating a previous HM in another season.

That was Saxon who dated Gretel after the show right?

The housemate you are referring to is Jamie McDonald from the 2007 series. Yes I agree that was one eviction interview in particular where Gretel was quite rude and a bit over the top, even in the nomination show Jamie made small jokes about Gretel liking him and Gretel did seem like she didn't want to know the guy. But that's what made Gretel a great host! She was unscripted, uncensored and just plain brilliant. Her sarcasm gave the show a whole new aspect. The live shows felt more then just a show, they felt like national events! Gretel was obviously very into her work and was deeply engaged when talking to housemates. Sonia is so scripted and boring. When Jason was evicted last year we could see the auto cue. Sonia makes the evictions feel more like ore recorded eliminations like you see on Masterchef and the biggest loser. Sonia makes the stupidest jokes and the only reason she gets laughs is because the audience is told to. Gretel probably wouldn't be into hosting Big Brother now but I do believe that if she did return as host then that would be the shows saving grace.

Spare me, this isn't about one a particular housemates it's about the barely contained disdain she approached all the hms in the latter seasons she hosted.

Killeen has and will always be a basic bitch to me. She can hide behind her so-called 'intellect' (highly debatable) and whatnot but underneath it all there's a nasty bitter and twisted misandrist residing inside her who has a higher opinion of herself hat has no basis in reality.

'Calling' out (more like ridiculing the stars who put food on her table, ungrateful bitch) Big Brother contestants just gave her the outlet to let that side of her out in the open and get away with it scott free because of fans like you who detested housemates she condescended to with glee and championed her as some kind of feminist role model as some form of thank you. *yuck*

PS

In a funny way Kingston reminds of Killeen. Yet you have a problem with the former (rightfully so) but are willing to kiss the arse of the former (mindbogling). Go figure.

Last edited:
Spare me, this isn't about one a particular housemates it's about the barely contained disdain she approached all the hms in the latter seasons she hosted.

Killeen has and will always be a basic bitch to me. She can hide behind her so-called 'intellect' (highly debatable) and whatnot but underneath it all there's a nasty bitter and twisted misandrist residing inside her who has a higher opinion of herself hat has no basis in reality.

'Calling' out (more like ridiculing the stars who put food on her table, ungrateful bitch) Big Brother contestants just gave her the outlet to let that side of her out in the open and get away with it scott free because of fans like you who detested housemates she condescended to with glee and championed her as some kind of feminist role model as some form of thank you. *yuck*

PS

In a funny way Kingston reminds of Killeen. Yet you have a problem with the former (rightfully so) but are willing to kiss the arse of the former (mindbogling). Go figure.

I don't know. Everyone knows I'm a big Gretel fan here but I think someone does need to pull up housemates on bad behaviour on eviction interviews instead of being led to believe they were "legendary" housemates" which we get with every eviction on Channel Nine now. Bad behaviour should be questioned instead of being swept under the carpet. I just think that goes hand in hand with the format of Big Brother where we are judging personalites.

I think a BB host should be neutral and not let their own personal opinions get in the way but they should be able to ask the tough questions which Gretel did many times. I think that's why we were fans of Gretel because she did ask the questions everyone wanted to know. Now with the Channel Nine BB we get fluff pieces for eviction interviews which makes the shows dull. There is not really any point to stay for the eviction interview if it's going to be "sunshine" and "lollipops".

These days I personally think Gretel has changed massively since her BB days. I think she had lost a lot of confidence in herself especially after the Logies backlashed she recieved.

I watch her all the time with her many appearances on different shows on TV. I think she seems a bit mellow now and down to earth. She has her opinion but I don't think she tries to shove it down the throat of the viewers and the other panelists. She even doesn't come across as feminist. I have seen her stick up for the male side many times to keep things equal between the sexes.

Last edited:
I don't know. Everyone knows I'm a big Gretel fan here but I think someone does need to pull up housemates on bad behaviour on eviction interviews instead of being led to believe they were "legendary" housemates" which we get with every eviction on Channel Nine now. Bad behaviour should be questioned instead of being swept under the carpet. I just think that goes hand in hand with the format of Big Brother where we are judging personalites.

I think a BB host should be neutral and not let their own personal opinions get in the way but they should be able to ask the tough questions which Gretel did many times. I think that's why we were fans of Gretel because she did ask the questions everyone wanted to know. Now with the Channel Nine BB we get fluff pieces for eviction interviews which make the shows dull. There's not really any point to stay for the eviction interview if it's going to be "sunshine" and "lollipops".

These days I personally think Gretel has changed massively since her BB days. I think she had lost a lot of confidence in herself especially after the Logies bashing she recieved.

I watch her all the time with her many appearances on different shows on TV. I think she seems a bit mellow now and down to earth. She has her opinion but I don't think she tries to shove it down the throat of the viewers and the other panelists.

That's sad to hear. lol

I get that fans who hated certain hms enjoyed Killeen tearing them a new arsehole on national tv but it goes beyond that tbh. There was an air of unjustified arrogance and I'm better than you vibe to this woman that really rubbed me the wrong way. I've met people like her (both male and female) and there's just not the type of individuals that I can along with. That's all there is to it really, Gretel isn't my cuppa tea.

That's sad to hear. lol

I get that fans who hated certain hms enjoyed Killeen tearing them a new arsehole on national tv but it goes beyond that tbh. There was an air of unjustified arrogance and I'm better than you vibe to this woman that really rubbed me the wrong way. I've met people like her (both male and female) and there's just not the type of individuals that I can along with. That's all there is to it really, Gretel isn't my cuppa tea.

And fair enough. You don't have to like her. I just wanted to explain why some of us liked Gretel's interviewing style. Looks like you understood it :). And to be honest I guess I agreed with Gretel with her opinions on the HM's she gave a hard time to which is why I didn't think her questioning went too far.

She was clearly over the show in the later seasons and she probably did have a bit of a ego too. But I liked her other traits that were positive (in my opinion ;)) like her quick wit and I didn't choose to focus on the negatives which I must admit didn't happen regularly from what I can remember. At least that is what I thought. But yeah hard questioning should be done on BB but it shouldn't verge on "tearing them a new asshole" ;). I don't want to see a BB host who is nasty and only serves their own agenda. The host should speak on behalf of the viewers.

By the way, how could you stand watching the eviction and nomination shows if you dislike Gretel so much? I would find it so hard and irritating to put up to watch someone I dislike on TV. Haha.

P.s. - my message above yours might not make any grammatical sense and will have spelling errors because I clicked reply way before I intended to. Haha.

And fair enough. You don't have to like her. I just wanted to explain why some of us liked Gretel's interviewing style. Looks like you understood it :). And to be honest I guess I agreed with Gretel with her opinions on the HM's she gave a hard time to which is why I didn't think her questioning went too far.

She was clearly over the show in the later seasons and she probably did have a bit of a ego too. But I liked her other traits that were positive (in my opinion ;)) like her quick wit and I didn't choose to focus on the negatives which I must admit didn't happen regularly from what I can remember. At least that is what I thought. But yeah hard questioning should be done on BB but it shouldn't verge on "tearing them a new asshole" ;). I don't want to see a BB host who is nasty and only serves their own agenda. The host should speak on behalf of the viewers.

By the way, how could you stand watching the eviction and nomination shows if you dislike Gretel so much? I would find it so hard and irritating to put up to watch someone I dislike on TV. Haha.

P.s. - my message above yours might not make any grammatical sense and will have spelling errors because I clicked reply way before I intended to. Haha.

That largely explains why I came to loathe her so much. lol I sat through them through gritted teeth because I'm a fan of the show but it was definitely a grind at times.

I was over the moon the moment I heard she wasn't coming back as host in 2008 and was laughing hysterically for like an hour when she got wacked in the head with a rubber chicken. I enjoyed that moment for all it was worth.

That said I didn't mind Gretel in the first 3 seasons, for the most part she was civil, cordial and respectful to the housemates during those years.

Unfortunately by the 4th season (definitely by the 5th) she had morphed into the stereotypical patronising headmistress who believes her position grants her the authority to treat underlings (in this instance hms) with utter contempt.

That largely explains why I came to loathe her so much. lol I sat through them through gritted teeth because I'm a fan of the show but it was definitely a grind at times.

I was over the moon the moment I heard she wasn't coming back as host in 2008 and was laughing hysterically for like an hour when she got wacked in the head with a rubber chicken. I enjoyed that moment for all it was worth.

That said I didn't mind Gretel in the first 3 seasons, for the most part she was civil, cordial and respectful to the housemates during those years.

Unfortunately by the 4th season (definitely by the 5th) she had morphed into the stereotypical patronising headmistress who believes her position grants her the authority to treat underlings (in this instance hms) with utter contempt.

So you prefer Sonia rather then Gretel?

So you prefer Sonia rather then Gretel?
Yes, I love Sonia. The only criticism I have of her is putting her feet on one of the girls faces, Penny I think her name was. That was uncalled and not the least bit funny. Other than that I have no issues with her.

People accuse her of being patronising comparing her hosting style to that of a teacher speaking to prep students but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Let's face it this show is designed to pander to school children an whenever she talks like that I'm not assuming she has adult viewers in mind at that particular moment but school children who are fans of the show.

Back