Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

...my sweet dear beloved wife will not let me watch 'who wants to punch a Millionaire' with her because I usually get most of the answers right and I spoil the show for her lol!... it's like murder mysteries... she won't let me watch them with her either because I usually figure out who the murderer is lol!... cheers.

Well if you're up to fighting, you must be fighting fit again Mr Stickyfingers. I hope that your health issues of last year have resolved themselves and you are back to normal now. Watch some smartarse say define normal :).

I havent been here in yonks, I just looked in here to see if there was a dedicated discussion about the Australian Married at First Sight. I dont normally watch these reality type programmes, the only ones I watch are Masterchef, now Big Brothers finished. Where's Bleachy Dude and his analytics or demographics? I told him that audience numbers played a bigger part than winning a certain section of the overall audience, thats why BB got the flick and unfortunately Channel 9's shit presentation and promotion booted it over the edge. With a 'live' stream, they might have made a few quid and gained a bit more of an audience for it.

I hope everyones well, I wont say "is a Survivor", because I dont watch that crap either, how many Survivor series can there be, that are much different to the others? OK, I stirred some shit, I'll beorf now :).

Well if you're up to fighting, you must be fighting fit again Mr Stickyfingers. I hope that your health issues of last year have resolved themselves and you are back to normal now. Watch some smartarse say define normal :).

I havent been here in yonks, I just looked in here to see if there was a dedicated discussion about the Australian Married at First Sight. I dont normally watch these reality type programmes, the only ones I watch are Masterchef, now Big Brothers finished. Where's Bleachy Dude and his analytics or demographics? I told him that audience numbers played a bigger part than winning a certain section of the overall audience, thats why BB got the flick and unfortunately Channel 9's shit presentation and promotion booted it over the edge. With a 'live' stream, they might have made a few quid and gained a bit more of an audience for it.

I hope everyones well, I wont say "is a Survivor", because I dont watch that crap either, how many Survivor series can there be, that are much different to the others? OK, I stirred some shit, I'll beorf now :).

...hahaha!... you crack me tedfthis... I'm going great guns since my last stroke... I've got about 95-98% of my movement back... I still have a very slight limp in my left leg that I can't seem to conquer but I'm still working on it and I'm down to my lowest weight in about 10 years because I'm eating all the right things now (thanks to Mrs Sticky keeping me honest lol!) and I'm doing regular exercise due to the house renovations as of the last year or so... so all is good my friend... it's great to see you again... don't be a stranger and post more often please... I miss your wit... cheers.

I'm going great guns since my last stroke... I've got about 95-98% of my movement back... I still have a very slight limp in my left leg that I can't seem to conquer but I'm still working on it and I'm down to my lowest weight in about 10 years because I'm eating all the right things now (thanks to Mrs Sticky keeping me honest lol!) and I'm doing regular exercise

Lowest weight in 10 years, that's excellent news, Sticky. I'm glad you have someone keeping you on the straight and narrow. Its good to hear from you.

I have a problem putting regular exercise and weight in the same sentence, let alone in the same day, that's my problem. Its like I've always said about biscuits, they put them in 'packets' for a reason, you're not meant to eat just one at a time :).

...hahaha!... yes I do know that but I originally wrote 'ladies and genitals men' as a joke and decided not to use it and then edited it out and forgot to re-write the 'gentlemen' part before I posted it so that was my furfy lol!... yes I know... I'm a dumb-arse lol!... cheers.

Ha! Well at least it's all sorted now.

...you can watch it on here my friend... just click on the link below... it's very moving... cheers.

https://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/stranger-on-a-bridge/strangeronabridge/

Thanks for the link I'm going to give it a watch!

Ohh I didn't think y'all would live chat it!

I watch it Wednesdays on Foxtel, not Ten, so I wouldn't be able to join next week either!

I found gogglebox to be a bit formulaic. granted most RTV employs some kind of repeated
segments, but at least switch things up a bit and make it a little less obvious.
It starts with the "happy/funny" shows, moves on to a big RTV (block, survivor) and ends
with something soppy "touching" documentaries.
The emotion has to be "good on him" "oh how awful" "luckily we here dont have that".
ok, so I get that they are pushing the lacrimal gland.. but again, the laugh-excite-cry is too
ordered and repeated for the three episodes so far, almost identically.
It would be interesting to see what happens for example if they come over to
each other to watch. the students with the grandparents.. for example.

Last edited:
It actually only partially seems like that when you actually watch it, believe it or not. Watch the first two episodes of ACW! Absolutely hilarious/cringeworthy/fascinating/mind-boggling.

Edit: Wait, are you talking about Gogglebox or Cheapest Weddings being "scripted"?

ACW. still on my to watch list.

...hey all... I'm in!... are we ready to go?... oh piss off Bachelor just get on with Gogglebox already!... sheesh!... cheers.

...bloody hell I'm glad that I don't watch the Bachelor... what a load of wishy washy drivel that looks like... (Sticky waits for the Bachelor fans to pounce)... what a mushfest!... (I had to turn the volume down until it ends)... cheers.

...$4.50?????... for a whole bottle of Vodka?... I'm on the first plane over!... jeez... if I lived there I'd be an alcoholic at them prices!... you lucky man!... cheers.
Oh it's a dangerous place. Yes, that's for a 700ml bottle. There is no tax on alcohol, ergo the prices.

If I were to splurge I could get Smirnoff for $6.50, @Consuela

Back