Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

Love how pressed sheets feel in hotels, but could never be bothered ironing anything let alone huge sheets

double post - no idea how that happened, ghost in my machine

...that happens to me all the time... I think that if you post too fast after the one before it either merges them or double posts them... they're bloody annoying... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
What was that coconut song they were all singing???

I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts Lyrics

Read more: Monty Python - I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts Lyrics | MetroLyrics
"I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts" is a novelty song composed in 1944 (as "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts") by Fred Heatherton, a songwriting pseudonym for a collaboration of English songwriters Harold Elton Box, Desmond Cox and Lewis Ilda.[1] Published by Box and Cox Publications(ASCAP).

The song celebrates the coconut shy (coconut toss) at funfairs, and the catchy chorus is the call of the showman "standing underneath the flare" (of gaslight), inviting the public to "Roll up, bowl a ball, a penny a pitch." The ball is tossed or bowled (as in cricket) or pitched at the coconuts, with the object of knocking one off its stand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I've_Got_a_Lovely_Bunch_of_Coconuts

Looking forward to how they react to the swap.

Oooooooooooo, just like us they love survivor, and the americans are loving it too

...I hate that it's only on for 3 days a week but am so grateful that it's on at all... and the fact that the Americans like it too is a big endorsement and all kudos to Channel 10 for doing it so well... cheers.

...I've never tasted Caviar... most people that have tasted it tell me that it's not really that great apparently... cheers.

...$120 to $550 for a cup of Coffee???... what a bunch of elitist dipshits!... the phrase "this is shit Coffee!"... now takes on a whole new meaning for me lol!... cheers.

...there you go sweetie... cheers.

I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts Lyrics

Read more: Monty Python - I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts Lyrics | MetroLyrics
"I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts" is a novelty song composed in 1944 (as "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts") by Fred Heatherton, a songwriting pseudonym for a collaboration of English songwriters Harold Elton Box, Desmond Cox and Lewis Ilda.[1] Published by Box and Cox Publications(ASCAP).

The song celebrates the coconut shy (coconut toss) at funfairs, and the catchy chorus is the call of the showman "standing underneath the flare" (of gaslight), inviting the public to "Roll up, bowl a ball, a penny a pitch." The ball is tossed or bowled (as in cricket) or pitched at the coconuts, with the object of knocking one off its stand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I've_Got_a_Lovely_Bunch_of_Coconuts

Thanks! Is this song one that everyone but me knows?

It's very commonly heard, very pommie, but pretty sure I heard it in US old movies too
It's as common as Row Row, Row Your boat for eg

more wiki
In 1950, the song was a top-ten hit in the U.S. for Freddy Martin And His Orchestra with vocalist Merv Griffin and sold over three million copies.[2] The following year, it was a number-25 hit for Danny Kaye.

It was a staple song of the Billy Cotton Band Show on British radio and television. The song is still played over the public address at Cambridge United football matches after home wins.[3]

The song appeared in I Could Go On Singing (1963), Judy Garland's last film. A portion of the song also appeared in Disney's 1994 The Lion King (sung byRowan Atkinson). Nicolas Cage also sang part of this song in National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Ringo Starr sang an impromptu version of the song inMagical Mystery Tour, The Beatles' TV special broadcast by the BBC on 26 December 1967.[4] Also, actors Hayden Rorke and Bill Daily performed a few lines of the song on ukulele in the 1969 I Dream of Jeannie episode "Uncles a Go-Go."

...being that I've only seen that 'Bachelor' guy on the Ads... he looks like a total 'love-me-do' wanker to me... am I wrong?... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Back