Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

It was the second highest rated show on Foxtel last night with 146,000 viewers. Selling Houses Australia was first with 152,000.

...oh really?...if that keeps up it might make a second season...

It's starting here in a minute.

...I will be really interested in your opinion on it pecan... you are very particular in what you watch and like lol!... **drum roll**... (will it pass the pecan test?)... lol!...

Dance Moms is the best!! :D

...JordanS... is that show always so intense like what we saw on there?... all that screaming and hollering would do my head in if it was lol!... cheers.

I thought it was some nice, light entertainment. Some of the one liners were genuinely funny. I kind of enjoyed it to be honest. I will try and watch it next week as well if I have time:)

I thought it was some nice, light entertainment. Some of the one liners were genuinely funny. I kind of enjoyed it to be honest. I will try and watch it next week as well if I have time:)

...aha!... another convert hooked!... lol!... cheers.

...JordanS... is that show always so intense like what we saw on there?... all that screaming and hollering would do my head in if it was lol!... cheers.

Oh plenty of that!! Particularly between the mothers and also between a mother and Abbie.

I agree with Angie about Dance Moms - my favourite show!!! :D

Maddie's dancing though is amazing. Best dancer out of them for sure. Happy that she was featured on the show.

...aha!... another convert hooked!... lol!... cheers.
Of course! ;)

In all honesty I am just happy to be watching Channel 10 regularly again! I use to watch it all the time back when BB and Australian Idol were in their prime among other shows as well and when the AFL was on 10. I don't think I switched to Channel 10 in the past 6 years since those shows were cancelled though! Now that I'm a celebrity and gogglebox are on I am back to watching what was once my favourite Channel again!

Of course! ;)

In all honesty I am just happy to be watching Channel 10 regularly again! I use to watch it all the time back when BB and Australian Idol were in their prime among other shows as well and when the AFL was on 10. I don't think I switched to Channel 10 in the past 6 years since those shows were cancelled though! Now that I'm a celebrity and gogglebox are on I am back to watching what was once my favourite Channel again!

...you know what?... I'm exactly the same... I rarely bother to watch anything on Channel 10 up until just recently... it seems to have a sort of 'vibe' back again doesn't it?... all they need to do now is to get Big Brother back on there and it would be happy days again for me... lol!... cheers.

It was the second highest rated show on Foxtel last night with 146,000 viewers. Selling Houses Australia was first with 152,000.

Oh, awesome!

Even if it doesn't work for Channel 10 I do feel as though it'll stay and be a hit on Foxtel. Foxtel do some really good reality shows. I mean, Australia's Next Top Model was/is one of the best Top Models worldwide, and our version of The Face was great too. I'm always so impressed.

It's finished here. It didn't really grab me to be honest, but I'll give it another go next week. Some of it was good, it just depends on what shows they feature, I guess. I enjoyed watching the I'm a Celeb commentary, and also some of the more 'out there' shows like Dance Moms and the lion show.

...I will be really interested in your opinion on it pecan... you are very particular in what you watch and like lol!... **drum roll**... (will it pass the pecan test?)... lol!...

Like you say, I'm quite picky with what shows I watch. I'm not someone who leaves the TV on in the background, I turn it on for a show, then turn it straight off afterwards. So to me, it felt a bit like I was being made to watch shows I have no interest in, like when you have guests staying with you and they turn the TV on and leave it on all night. I'll give it another go, though.

Last edited:
It's finished here. It didn't really grab me to be honest, but I'll give it another go next week. Some of it was good, it just depends on what shows they feature, I guess. I enjoyed watching the I'm a Celeb commentary, and also some of the more 'out there' shows like Dance Moms and the lion show.

Like you say, I'm quite picky with what shows I watch. I'm not someone who leaves the TV on in the background, I turn it on for a show, then turn it straight off afterwards. So to me, it felt a bit like I was being made to watch shows I have no interest in, like when you have guests staying with you and they turn the TV on and leave it on all night. I'll give it another go, though.

...haha!... I knew that you would tell it as it is... it'll be interesting to see if you do like it next time anyway... thanks for the feedback pecan... cheers.

I wonder how much the licensing fees cost? It's gotta be a dirt cheap program to make.

Yeah I would think it would be a cheap show to make and just like I predicted it rated 495k last night on Ten. Not too bad for that timeslot I think, it wouldn't want to drop too much though in the following weeks.

...you know what?... I'm exactly the same... I rarely bother to watch anything on Channel 10 up until just recently... it seems to have a sort of 'vibe' back again doesn't it?... all they need to do now is to get Big Brother back on there and it would be happy days again for me... lol!... cheers.
If Channel 10 aired BBAU and an Australian version of Survivor it would have its mojo back imo.

I wonder how much the licensing fees cost? It's gotta be a dirt cheap program to make.
My partner and I watched it today. My partner is a huge hater of reality TV, and I caught him laughing out loud many times during the show (while he pretended to read a car mag...) so I am tipping winner winner chicken dinner!

The old boys single worded reaction to birth "fuck..." Was just too funny!!!!

My partner and I watched it today. My partner is a huge hater of reality TV, and I caught him laughing out loud many times during the show (while he pretended to read a car mag...) so I am tipping winner winner chicken dinner!

The old boys single worded reaction to birth "fuck..." Was just too funny!!!!

...haha!... that was such a genuine funny reaction lol!... I believe that this show has a lot of potential... especially if a reality TV hater got some laughs from it... things are looking good for it!... cheers.

I enjoyed it, will keep watching.

I have heard the british one is quite good, just never got around to 'finding' an episode.
I only saw a best of show. It seemed good but I enjoyed this one more because I too had watched some of the shows and knew of the shows even if I hadn't watched it.

I only saw a best of show. It seemed good but I enjoyed this one more because I too had watched some of the shows and knew of the shows even if I hadn't watched it.
If you can manage to find proper full length versions of the UK show, you'll enjoy it even without ever watching an ep of what they're viewing. I hadn't seen maybe 70% of those shows ever and still loved it all. That was one of the main points I made to the crew I watched the AU one with - it allows you to watch the highlights of shows that you'd never bother to watch or even think to watch. And also allows those without Foxtel to glom onto awesome cable shows for free and get the best bits ie Dance Moms and that lion craziness. So you get a synopsis in either case.

I've heard from a friend in Wales that the UK version is excellent. From the little I saw of ours I am not interested.

Back