Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

I've heard from a friend in Wales that the UK version is excellent. From the little I saw of ours I am not interested.
Admittedly these families aren't as dynamic as some of the UK ones but to be fair when the UK version first started, many thought it was rubbish. It took awhile for it to gain traction because you had to get to know the families ie there's this posh couple who are complete pissheads who are by far the 'stars' of the show, a boyfriend of a daughter of one of the families that we waited for two years to say a word and then all of the UK and Europe cheered, etc

You'll find those quirks with this crew although all won't be a hit. But the ones who are will be enough for many to tune in. I watched it the first night on Foxxy and then the next night on Ten and I was stunned at not only the Foxtel ratings but the Twitter reaction to this show. It's a stayer. Not one that will make you a heap out of the gate but you need to give it a bit of time. Sadly I think Ten is shit and they won't be able to sustain it as they're dumping too much cash into I'm a Celeb and it's On 30 Mins Too Long but it'll live on Foxtel.

Admittedly these families aren't as dynamic as some of the UK ones but to be fair when the UK version first started, many thought it was rubbish. It took awhile for it to gain traction because you had to get to know the families ie there's this posh couple who are complete pissheads who are by far the 'stars' of the show, a boyfriend of a daughter of one of the families that we waited for two years to say a word and then all of the UK and Europe cheered, etc

You'll find those quirks with this crew although all won't be a hit. But the ones who are will be enough for many to tune in. I watched it the first night on Foxxy and then the next night on Ten and I was stunned at not only the Foxtel ratings but the Twitter reaction to this show. It's a stayer. Not one that will make you a heap out of the gate but you need to give it a bit of time. Sadly I think Ten is shit and they won't be able to sustain it as they're dumping too much cash into I'm a Celeb and it's On 30 Mins Too Long but it'll live on Foxtel.
Hello sexy pants!!

But again, surely this show is heaps cheap to make. So I hope it does have staying power. I'm a celeb is a heaps more expensive format I would think.

If you can manage to find proper full length versions of the UK show, you'll enjoy it even without ever watching an ep of what they're viewing. I hadn't seen maybe 70% of those shows ever and still loved it all. That was one of the main points I made to the crew I watched the AU one with - it allows you to watch the highlights of shows that you'd never bother to watch or even think to watch. And also allows those without Foxtel to glom onto awesome cable shows for free and get the best bits ie Dance Moms and that lion craziness. So you get a synopsis in either case.
Yeah I will totally find a full length proper episode and give it a shot. Especially after seeing our version and enjoying it.

But again, surely this show is heaps cheap to make. So I hope it does have staying power. I'm a celeb is a heaps more expensive format I would think.
It must be because I saw a article that says they built that set where the hosts...well host from.Why they bothered I dont know because surely there must have been a game lodge somewhere that they could have used as a set

It started very slowly here in the UK with barely over a million viewers for it's first series, but C4 stuck with it and a couple of years later it had grown to 3-4m - and even got to the point last year where it had a celebrity special with genuine actual celebrities (surely a first). Noel Gallagher, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell watching the likes of X Factor and Downton Abbey was surprisingly brilliant.

Gogglebox Australia is probably here to stay - remember for it to get dropped it's got to get axed by two channels, and even if one drops it I could see the other keeping it. The arrangement works as Foxtel know they're basically getting an hour of very subtle promotion by airing on Ten - a few comments whether good or bad on Foxtel shows on Gogglebox will do more to win over pay TV refusniks than any ad campaign they'd ever run.

It started very slowly here in the UK with barely over a million viewers for it's first series, but C4 stuck with it and a couple of years later it had grown to 3-4m - and even got to the point last year where it had a celebrity special with genuine actual celebrities (surely a first). Noel Gallagher, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell watching the likes of X Factor and Downton Abbey was surprisingly brilliant.

Gogglebox Australia is probably here to stay - remember for it to get dropped it's got to get axed by two channels, and even if one drops it I could see the other keeping it. The arrangement works as Foxtel know they're basically getting an hour of very subtle promotion by airing on Ten - a few comments whether good or bad on Foxtel shows on Gogglebox will do more to win over pay TV refusniks than any ad campaign they'd ever run.
The Noel/Kate/Naomi thing was brilliant especially since Noel admitted how shit faced they all were as shooting went way later than they expected. Him being the worst we can only assume although who knows in that crew!

I've watched the posh couple teach me how to make Bloody Mary's their way and shared the vid, watched the hairdresser dude cut hair an watched the silent Bob dude speak.

I love Gogglebox. And the Aussie version is making me laugh even more because of the accents. It's like Holy Hannah let us see how many consonants we can drop, my children. Almost ten years here and y'all still kill me. LOVE.

I found a US equivalent of this show:

I do like the US version better to be honest but that could be because it featured Vanderpump Rules. :D

There better be some Dance Moms on this tonight.

...haha!... you can only hope can't you?... I hope that they're not reviewing the same shows each week... that would be boring... cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1424255720][/DOUBLEPOST]...that little kid cracks me up... cheers.

...haha!... you can only hope can't you?... I hope that they're not reviewing the same shows each week... that would be boring... cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1424255720][/DOUBLEPOST]...that little kid cracks me up... cheers.

This is going to be a boring episode - I can already tell.

...'what could still be in your hand when you fall asleep'?... wife says to husband as he's sniggering... "shut up!... shut up!"... lol!... cheers.[DOUBLEPOST=1424255917][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is going to be a boring episode - I can already tell.

...I hope that you're wrong... I really do!... cheers.

Back