Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

...so!... how did it fare with you all?... will you watch the next show or not?... I'm curious... cheers.

I just watched the whole thing again. I don't often do that with TV shows. It has a certain charm

Hmm depends, are the two younger guys still in it? ;)

...I think that it's the same people for the first season all the way through... on the websites they have given us backgrounds to the participants so I guess that means they're here to stay... cheers.

I thought it was pretty average. It didn't feel natural, almost scripted with people trying to make one liners. I'm not sure whether I'll be watching it again.

I thought it was pretty average. It didn't feel natural, almost scripted with people trying to make one liners. I'm not sure whether I'll be watching it again.

...a fair enough call Bae... oh well... I guess we can't win them all eh?... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: Bae

Currently watching it now and have to partially agree. IMO some of them are a bit too aware but the others are natural enough that I'll probably give it few episodes and see if the others become more natural.

Good to see you still rocking the Ry-Ry avatar. <3

Currently watching it now and have to partially agree. IMO some of them are a bit too aware but the others are natural enough that I'll probably give it few episodes and see if the others become more natural.

Good to see you still rocking the Ry-Ry avatar. <3
Agreed and agreed.

I also find it hard to believe there isn't a partial camera crew standing there with them.

I did find myself cracking up at some of the stuff said though. A lot. So I'll definitely keep watching (will probably just record and watch at a later time), but it's not going to last on our screens tbh.

So I'll definitely keep watching (will probably just record and watch at a later time), but it's not going to last on our screens tbh.

I think it might, depending on how much people are willing to admit that they watch and enjoy it. I overheard a lot of people talking about it today and encouraging their friends to catch the second screening tonight, but more than half sounded apprehensive admitting that they liked it. It's definitely one of those things that people are going to make fun of, almost like Big Brother in a way—I mean last year I completely played down how much I was watching Big Brother with certain people, just to avoid the whole, "Oh, you watch that show?" thing that can come up.

It sure will be a divisive show at any rate. I'm interested to see the ratings tomorrow. Foxtel doesn't have ratings, does it?

Agreed and agreed.

I also find it hard to believe there isn't a partial camera crew standing there with them.

I did find myself cracking up at some of the stuff said though. A lot. So I'll definitely keep watching (will probably just record and watch at a later time), but it's not going to last on our screens tbh.

Its only 10 episodes this season, so I think it should be alright. But I can't see it rating higher than 400-500k.

I think it might, depending on how much people are willing to admit that they watch and enjoy it. I overheard a lot of people talking about it today and encouraging their friends to catch the second screening tonight, but more than half sounded apprehensive admitting that they liked it. It's definitely one of those things that people are going to make fun of, almost like Big Brother in a way—I mean last year I completely played down how much I was watching Big Brother with certain people, just to avoid the whole, "Oh, you watch that show?" thing that can come up.

It sure will be a divisive show at any rate. I'm interested to see the ratings tomorrow. Foxtel doesn't have ratings, does it?

It was the second highest rated show on Foxtel last night with 146,000 viewers. Selling Houses Australia was first with 152,000.

Back