Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't with all the juicy details coming out of Tim right now.

I'll never stop wanting the return of adults only.

tumblr_m5vpnpg3XO1qzgth2o1_500.gif

Good morning to my gaggle of gorgeous giffers and geeks!

When I was in high school one of my teachers would tell me in every class that I would never amount to anything.

Well guess who is on Level 546 in Candy Crush with full lives, 2 Freckles, a Lolly combo and a Chuppa Chup hammer in the bank?!

In your face Mrs Balneaves!

20 years on and I am the CANDY QUEEN!!!!!!

WOW !!!
I am super impressed!!!!
And hi to Penelope.
How the heck are you??

Reactions: Tee
Do it downwind.

I remember when I was very young my drunken Grandfather died, and his wish was to be sprinkled in the Tweed River. So my drunken mother and my drunken uncle got into a tinny and rowed into the middle of the river somewhere near Evans Head to do it. My brothers and I were sitting on the river bank watching this play out, and my drunken mother dramatically starts with the overemotional goodbye, and as she was shaking the box the wind must have changed because next minute we could hear my mother yelling "its in my fucken mouth! Butch!!! Its in my fucken mouth" and she is like spitting, and then my uncle starts screaming "its all fucken over me!!!!" and literally jumps from the boat into the river.

So yeah, do it downwind and sober.

Do it downwind.

I remember when I was very young my drunken Grandfather died, and his wish was to be sprinkled in the Tweed River. So my drunken mother and my drunken uncle got into a tinny and rowed into the middle of the river somewhere near Evans Head to do it. My brothers and I were sitting on the river bank watching this play out, and my drunken mother dramatically starts with the overemotional goodbye, and as she was shaking the box the wind must have changed because next minute we could hear my mother yelling "its in my fucken mouth! Butch!!! Its in my fucken mouth" and she is like spitting, and then my uncle starts screaming "its all fucken over me!!!!" and literally jumps from the boat into the river.

Ha!

Like TraLa so eloquently said downwind is a must.

Question, when I pick up the container it sounds like there is gravel in there, is that normal? I don't wanna open and look, but Im worried when I do do it I might get a surprise

Do it downwind.

disgusted015.gif

Oh no! I've swum in that river, my kids have & ate fish caught in it. Better not end up like the Ganges.

Reactions: Tee
Sounds very normal @mutleyp. We commonly call them ashes but that's not accurate as a description. The terminology in the business is cremains. (Cremated remains). Can provide more info on the gravel sound if you want it. Either here or pm.

Question, when I pick up the container it sounds like there is gravel in there, is that normal? I don't wanna open and look, but Im worried when I do do it I might get a surprise

I did a quick google on it & it sounds normal. @qtkt will know a lot more. (snaps qtkt, just proved me right :)

Oh @TraLa I feel your pain. .
I too am currently in night shift depression with very little light at the end of the tunnel. I don't do many night shifts but when I do, I'm certain I'll never see day light again.
Oh and why the heck don't patients sleep!? They're supposed to be unwell but buzz for cups of tea at 3 am! !?
Have a good shift!

Oh @TraLa I feel your pain. .
I too am currently in night shift depression with very little light at the end of the tunnel. I don't do many night shifts but when I do, I'm certain I'll never see day light again.
Oh and why the heck don't patients sleep!? They're supposed to be unwell but buzz for cups of tea at 3 am! !?
Have a good shift!

Horrible aren't they?!

I can't believe some nurses like them!

I am very lucky, I work a .8 and I only do 2 nights and 2 arvos per month, the rest are day shift. Day is my favourite! More work and less money, but I love it.

We had a hugely busy night last night- which I personally like so much more than a slow one. It flashed past. I was working with some of my fav's so it meant lots of gossip and laughter, but that said:- thank fuck it is over!

Today is the longest day ever. I try and stay up all day in order to slip back into normal sleep patterns, which means by 6pm I am ready for bed!

Horrible aren't they?!

I can't believe some nurses like them!

I am very lucky, I work a .8 and I only do 2 nights and 2 arvos per month, the rest are day shift. Day is my favourite! More work and less money, but I love it.

We had a hugely busy night last night- which I personally like so much more than a slow one. It flashed past. I was working with some of my fav's so it meant lots of gossip and laughter, but that said:- thank fuck it is over!

Today is the longest day ever. I try and stay up all day in order to slip back into normal sleep patterns, which means by 6pm I am ready for bed!

Oh we are on a similar roster! Except I have to do 3 nights per month..

As soon as they're over I think hmm they weren't that bad! But while I'm there I'm a sack of misery.

I too don't know how people do it full time. Be it nurses, security guards, shelf packers...

Hope you have a good sleep tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back