Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been interested n politics so maybe I have always been old. I love watching election results come in (even when I am hating the result). I'll be glued to the telly here on Saturday.

Do you think Brexit is going to be a positive thing?

So tell me who you are voting for and why? I am going to vote Turnbell because I am personally better off than I was four years ago, so that says to me Liberal deserve another term.

Cambodia! I threw in my job because my boss was a narcissistic arsehole and I decided I couldn't do it any more. So, fuck him. So I finished up my kitchen reno and have moved here. Not planning on coming back. Well I might visit for a few days in the second half of next year so I can decide what to do with five boxes of stuff I left in my friend's garage (i.e bring some back, sell/give away the rest).
How exciting for you! Oh my God! Did you get to say it to his face?! Are you renting out your place? If you are looking to give away anything half decent you have my address.

So where are you living over there and do you like the culture change?!

I am so jelly right now I could SPIT!!!!!

Boomer had become my favourite. She really has me lolling. Are you watching the latest episodes?
Yup on to season 4. Episode 2 will be playing tonight! :)

We thought they were calling her "boobs" up until around halfway through season 1 :laugh:

Hey do you watch Vikings?

Boomer had become my favourite. She really has me lolling. Are you watching the latest episodes?

We thought they were calling her "boobs" up until around halfway through season 1 :laugh:

Sorry to butt in...
I LOVE Boomer and Maxine, their friendship and humour is my favourite thing about the current series (apart from The Freak)

Do you think Brexit is going to be a positive thing?

So tell me who you are voting for and why? I am going to vote Turnbell because I am personally better off than I was four years ago, so that says to me Liberal deserve another term.

How exciting for you! Oh my God! Did you get to say it to his face?! Are you renting out your place? If you are looking to give away anything half decent you have my address.

So where are you living over there and do you like the culture change?!

I am so jelly right now I could SPIT!!!!!
Haha! No, I think Brexit was a TERRIBLE decision for the UK. Sadly I think a lot of protest votes went to "Leave" from people who didn't necessarily want to leave but wanted to put the shits up David Cameron. Most of the polls had shown Remain winning.

For our election I have already voted and I'm not telling :D

I have already given way most of my stuff! And sold some for a pittance. What I have left is stuff I want to keep but couldn't bring with me (40kg check-in baggage + 7kg carry-on). As it was, I was about 3kg over all up but they let me on anyway, thankfully. I was still finishing the skirting in my kitchen the day I left, touching up the paint at 5.45pm before showering and heading to the airport for my 9.40pm flight. All my remaining tools etc all got chucked into a box and sealed up to be sorted out when I go back next.

As for my boss - I came here for two weeks holiday leading into Easter, and on Good Friday I emailed him to resign and told him I would not be back. Ha! Fuck him. So I never went back to work but did go back to Sydney for two months to sort everything out. I even caught up on six years' worth of tax returns (OUCH, just paid the bill yesterday, almost $10k). At last I have finally got all my ducks in a row.

I have found a one bedroom apartment and took a six month lease, in case I decide to move, either within PP or to Siem Reap, or even to another country (e.g. Vietnam or Thailand). Rainy season is incoming, had a brief but mad storm yesterday afternoon which hit out of nowhere. Very cool today, only 28C, am wearing SOCKS! But yeah a tropical downpour in the mid afternoon and also occasionally at night is the way it is.

Have a business plan I am working on (not going to reveal it here, sorry) but it won't earn much, hopefully enough to cover my rent and that will make me happy because it's not ideal trying to live on $10/day. The people are lovely, the food is good. Haven't been sick at all. This was always going to be my retirement plan, it just happened a bit earlier than I anticipated.

Coming for a visit?

Reactions: Tee
Haha! No, I think Brexit was a TERRIBLE decision for the UK. Sadly I think a lot of protest votes went to "Leave" from people who didn't necessarily want to leave but wanted to put the shits up David Cameron. Most of the polls had shown Remain winning.

For our election I have already voted and I'm not telling :D

I have already given way most of my stuff! And sold some for a pittance. What I have left is stuff I want to keep but couldn't bring with me (40kg check-in baggage + 7kg carry-on). As it was, I was about 3kg over all up but they let me on anyway, thankfully. I was still finishing the skirting in my kitchen the day I left, touching up the paint at 5.45pm before showering and heading to the airport for my 9.40pm flight. All my remaining tools etc all got chucked into a box and sealed up to be sorted out when I go back next.

As for my boss - I came here for two weeks holiday leading into Easter, and on Good Friday I emailed him to resign and told him I would not be back. Ha! Fuck him. So I never went back to work but did go back to Sydney for two months to sort everything out. I even caught up on six years' worth of tax returns (OUCH, just paid the bill yesterday, almost $10k). At last I have finally got all my ducks in a row.

I have found a one bedroom apartment and took a six month lease, in case I decide to move, either within PP or to Siem Reap, or even to another country (e.g. Vietnam or Thailand). Rainy season is incoming, had a brief but mad storm yesterday afternoon which hit out of nowhere. Very cool today, only 28C, am wearing SOCKS! But yeah a tropical downpour in the mid afternoon and also occasionally at night is the way it is.

Have a business plan I am working on (not going to reveal it here, sorry) but it won't earn much, hopefully enough to cover my rent and that will make me happy because it's not ideal trying to live on $10/day. The people are lovely, the food is good. Haven't been sick at all. This was always going to be my retirement plan, it just happened a bit earlier than I anticipated.

Coming for a visit?
I am so happy for you!

It has been your dream for a long time, and it makes me genuinely happy to hear you got to do it earlier than planned!

You have been tight as a fishes arse for so long! You deserve an early retirement! Pm me some pictures of how your life looks!

It sounds like such an adventure! My partner and I had planned a 4 week Vietnamese trip, but built a deck and put in a garden instead!

Are you watching uk bb?

Hey do you watch Vikings?
They do call her Boobs too. Yes I have watched the first 2 seasons of The Vikings. Have to watch season 3. Ragnos :p. I like the monk too

They do call her Boobs too. Yes I have watched the first 2 seasons of The Vikings. Have to watch season 3. Ragnos :p. I like the monk too
No I think they were calling her "Booms". You just saw big tits in a badly fitting bra and made an assumption, just like we did!

:laugh:

I am on season 4 of Vikings! I love it!

Good Moanin OT thread!

Welcome to non hump Wednesday!!

:). :) :)
tumblr_o9gaqyTTKn1rqgc00o4_400.gif

That's the way uhuh uhuh, I like you, uhuh uhuh!

How bad is her hair?

But on the tweak side, she looks like she has had a bit of Botox and filler since last season.

Not up to that yet, still on season 3, but back into it!

a mooseface fought for the battle of the moon

the battle of the moon

of the moon

with a spoon

a spoon?

yes a spoon.

why a spoon?

because it was June.

A battle of the moon with a spoon in June?

that's right.

well that seems a bit challenging.

i'm only relaying the adventures of a young mooseface.

ah yes mooseface what a young mooseface she is, and so well regarded too.

by who?

by the shoe.

you mean the blue shoe?

yes the blue shoe with the flu.

oh no poor blue shoe with the flu!

oh get a clue.

don't be rude to me.

ok i'm going.

goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back