Skip to main content

Game of Thrones *may include spoilers*

Minor spoiler so don't open this if you don't want to know about the trial by combat that Tyrion asked for.

I think the bigger political issue here could be more about who's Joffery's champion, that's probably more pertinent than who cares for Tyrion

Minor spoiler so don't open this if you don't want to know about the trial by combat that Tyrion asked for.

I think the bigger political issue here could be more about who's Joffery's champion, that's probably more pertinent than who cares for Tyrion

I don't see how. They never admitted the crowns champion was implicated with any crime. There is no proof. Neither champion is an issue (as far as competing goes). In practice, the choice of champions is a disaster but they are both good to compete.
[/spoiler

GoT day today! It's probably a little wrong that I'm so excited about the fact lol.

Just had another thought - the trailers said that Tyrion gets help from an unexpected source.
This isn't a spoiler because I'm not up to this spot in the books yet, just speculation on my part - but I wondered if it was possible that Oberyn from Dorne would may possibly be his champion? Probably not, but that would definitely be unexpected.

Oberyn hasn't hidden the fact that he's been patiently waiting for an opportunity to get revenge on those responsible for the murder of his sister. And given that the Mountain is the 'champion' the Lannisters invariably choose for these type of combats, it was inevitable that this is where it was headed.

One of the more satisfying episodes for me: Ayra kicking ass, Lyza's fate, Pod and Brienne giving me some hope they will find the Stark girls (I know I'm delusional), Daenerys getting some action (girl deserves it), and Tyrion getting a champion (Oberyn's speech was so sweet)

I don't like Mountain #3. He does not have the nastiness in his demeanour that Mountain #1 had or the deep powerful voice of Mountain #2.
I don't remember The Mountain character making an appearance in previous episodes let alone what they looked like to be perfectly honest. There are so many characters in this show that it's hard to keep up with the minor ones that make fleeting appearances.

And I do agree that although The Mountain has the height and physique for the role, he's face is more apt for someone playing Santa. :p

I don't remember The Mountain character making an appearance in previous episodes let alone what they looked like to be perfectly honest. There are so many characters in this show that it's hard to keep up with the minor ones that make fleeting appearances.

And I do agree that although The Mountain has the height and physique for the role, he's face is more apt for someone playing Santa. :p

The new one does not sell the whole "threatening viscous monster" angle.

First one cut off the head of Loras' horse before the Hound protected him. He felt threatening. Second one was at Harrenhal in season 2. Pretty forgettable.

I agree the this new Mountain is nowhere near the season 1 casting.

The match up of champions is important though as Oberyn will finally get his change at revenge on the Mountain. As for Tyrion's fate, Oberyn really doesn't care about that he's only after his vengeance.

I've just realised no GOT this week...

giphy.gif

I knew about it before the last ep aired. Penny Dreadful is filling that void though and if I'm honest (blasphemy alert) GoT ain't my one my top top top favourite shows that it induces withdrawal symptoms or something. :p So having a week off is not such a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

I knew about it before the last ep aired. Penny Dreadful is filling that void though and if I'm honest (blasphemy alert) GoT ain't my one my top top top favourite shows that it induces withdrawal symptoms or something. :p So having a week off is not such a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Do you have one of those series anymore? Since Breaking Bad finished and I completed the Wire I don't have a withdrawal symptoms series anymore. Hannibal was good but I have not seen the second series yet. No withdrawals.

Do you have one of those series anymore? Since Breaking Bad finished and I completed the Wire I don't have a withdrawal symptoms series anymore. Hannibal was good but I have not seen the second series yet. No withdrawals.
I never thought I'd say this about a commercial tv show but Grimm has slowly but surely found its feet and it's probably the current tv show that's closest to being my favourite.

Not that it compares to the best season of Dexter, True Blood, Banshee, Suits etc.. mind you.

I just finished season 3. I don't think I appreciated it at the time (except for Swearengen) but by the end of 3 I was desperate for a fourth.

There used to be rumours around that they were going to make a movie but I guess that hope is now fading, too. It was a terrific series, with great writing and acting. So, so sorry to see it end.

Lol! Not that this series of profanities gives much of an idea of that fine writing I was talking about! :D

There used to be rumours around that they were going to make a movie but I guess that hope is now fading, too. It was a terrific series, with great writing and acting. So, so sorry to see it end.

Lol! Not that this series of profanities gives much of an idea of that fine writing I was talking about! :D

That's one thing I am thankful about with The Wire. They were actually able to finish despite not setting the ratings world on fire like The Sopranos did.

I don't know, I think Wu and Swearengen's chats count as great dialogue despite the many "cocksuckers" involved. His chat with Merrick is a personal favourite. Hearst also delivered great dialogue.

Reactions: Jam
That's one thing I am thankful about with The Wire. They were actually able to finish despite not setting the ratings world on fire like The Sopranos did.

I don't know, I think Wu and Swearengen's chats count as great dialogue despite the many "cocksuckers" involved. His chat with Merrick is a personal favourite. Hearst also delivered great dialogue.

*sigh* Great memories.

Back