Skip to main content

Game of Thrones *may include spoilers*

Yes, I love Jamie and Brienne. I wish that vile Cersei would marry someone so we could enjoy another 'celebration' just like Joffrey's.

I'd just like to say I'm in the minority of fans who actually like Cersei (most of the time). Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm in love with Lena Headey. :shamefully:
I think she's just struggling a lot through it all...you could tell that she was devastated at how Joffrey turned out..she was afraid of him for sure.

I really don't know why Brienne likes Jamie. Surely she knows the rumours are true? Seems like that'd be a pretty big turn off. O_O As for Margaery I'm kinda hoping she does get with Tommen as he actually seems normal and nice for a change. Olenna did her a huge favour offing Joffrey. Also I'm hoping Theon manages to escape even though he was a total dick for betraying the Starks he paid big time for that mistake so I hope gets out alive.
There was an article on the news.com site counting good deeds vs bad deeds for Jamie and they were about even. Very clever to make a character so easy to hate but so charismatic as well. Not sure I'd kick him out if he left his gold hand on my bedside table. But yeah, the sister thing is probably a deal breaker. This series does my head in, in a good way.

There was an article on the news.com site counting good deeds vs bad deeds for Jamie and they were about even. Very clever to make a character so easy to hate but so charismatic as well. Not sure I'd kick him out if he left his gold hand on my bedside table. But yeah, the sister thing is probably a deal breaker. This series does my head in, in a good way.

That's the thing about GRRM he loves his anti-heroes!

I'm torn about Jamie. I loathed him at first, but then when he was captured by Robb Stark I actually gained some sympathy for him. He came across as a very flawed but morally complex character. I can forgive the consensual incest, which really harms noone but the two involved, but I can't forgive pushing Bran out the window nor the rape in the crypt. However, he does demonstrate a sense of honour and courage in keeping promises and I suspect he might be instrumental in saving Tyrion. We'll see about that one, though. He is particularly easy to like when he's with Brienne.

And he's gorgeous.

Something that went over my head completely until i read it else where. Which is the difficulty of remembering all the plots and characters.

So if anyone else like me didn't realise this, here goes.

So Lysa's ex husband that she killed for Littlefinger as part of his plans was John Arryn. He was the hand of the king that was poisoned in the first episode. This set in motion Ned Stark becoming hand of the king and everything that followed.

I had completely forgotten who her husband was and so it went over my head how big a revelation that was.

Something that went over my head completely until i read it else where. Which is the difficulty of remembering all the plots and characters.

So if anyone else like me didn't realise this, here goes.

So Lysa's ex husband that she killed for Littlefinger as part of his plans was John Arryn. He was the hand of the king that was poisoned in the first episode. This set in motion Ned Stark becoming hand of the king and everything that followed.

I had completely forgotten who her husband was and so it went over my head how big a revelation that was.

I was surprised they revealed that so early on about Lysa poisoning her husband at Littlefinger's urging. So, yes, all the hatred, executions, battles, wars and murderous devastation stem from a mad woman's deed...but Littlefinger is the puppet-master genious behind it all. Dangerous fellow.

I was almost in tears when Bran was watching Jon - so close! I know it's unrealistic, but damn I want to see at least 2 of the Starks reunited :(

Hope that creepy kid goes down the Moon Door

Yes, that was heart-wrenching. :( I was also distressed hearing Hodor crying out helplessly..really got to me...poor, gentle soul but it was horrible having to watch all of those broken, vulnerable children having to endure that ordeal. Even Meera was out of her depth. :(

Oh yes, Sweet Robin /shudders

Robin, Littlefinger and Lysa are the biggest creeps around. Poor Sansa just can't catch a break.
I need more Dany on my screen. There's not enough of her!
Brienne and Podrick are amazing already :)

What's little fingers end game though? All his scheming hasn't really gotten him any power.

I also didn't pick the Lannister's being broke. How will they pay their debts now!?

Why was Cersi so nice to Margaery? I don't trust her.

What's little fingers end game though? All his scheming hasn't really gotten him any power.

I also didn't pick the Lannister's being broke. How will they pay their debts now!?

Why was Cersi so nice to Margaery? I don't trust her.

I think the thing here is, the Lannister's are still rich, but their funding of the crown has been coming from the Iron bank, not from their wealth.

Cersi being nice would have made more sense if the scene happened after finding out about the financial situation.

Maybe at the end of the day she knows that it's better to keep Margaery on her side.

I think the thing here is, the Lannister's are still rich, but their funding of the crown has been coming from the Iron bank, not from their wealth.

Cersi being nice would have made more sense if the scene happened after finding out about the financial situation.

Maybe at the end of the day she knows that it's better to keep Margaery on her side.

Na I definitely think the Lannister's and the Crown are both broke hence their desire to access the Tyrells wealth to keep the Iron Bank at bay.

You're right about it making more sense had Cersi found out first. Perhaps she thinks she'll have more influence with Tommen through Margaery than her dad who seems keen on keeping Tommen under his guidance only. I just don't buy that Cersi suddenly likes her.

I thought this week was a bit of a slow burn, looking forward to seeing Tyrion more next week!

Lysa and her creepy boy are pretty repulsive. That surprised me that it was Littlefinger who was behind the poisoning of her husband (wasn't it his squire who actually gave him the poisoned wine?), I'd totally thought it was Cersei before that.
Her screaming while she was in bed with Littlefinger made me wish he was stabbing her with a sharp instrument instead of a blunt one.
Poor Sansa :(

I loved when Bran took control of Hodor and snapped that guys neck. I just wish he could have had a reunion with Jon. That was sad.

Loved the interraction between Brienne and Pod, and also between Arya and the Hound.

Looking forward to next week now!

I love Arya. I am not spoiling from the books, but her story really is intriguing and I kept jumping forward to try to find out more! And I feel sorry for Sansa too, frying pan to fire for her.

The Iron Bank issue has an other world ring to it for me. With Tommen as king the Lannisters are technically in control of the 7 kingdoms now, right? So where does this bank gets its money and power? Maybe its explained more in the books but just from watching these shows it makes no sense to me that there is a bank that can push the Lannisters around.

I love Tyrion and they better NOT kill him off. After whats happened to the Stark family I have zero trust in these producer people, they just better not, thats all. Also I hope that its his brother Jaimie that saves him, I love Jaimie, except when he is around Cercei.

Jaime and Brienne belong together.

I love the scenes between Arya and the Hound and I'm happy its seeming to take them forever and a day to get where they are going.

How cringe worthy was it to watch the 'love' scenes with Littlefinger and Lysa. OMG, barf. And then the sounds of their 'lovemaking'. Blech.

Poor Sansa. I am really hoping that Arya and the Hound are gonna just swoop in and carry her away to some kind of freedom and they can go and find their little brothers and Jon Snow.

And my beautiful Queen of Dragons. There are THREE dragons on this show, and we didn't get to even see one. Where were they when she was having her counsel meetings? Don't give me dragons and then take them away... Excited to see what Dani has in store for those slave owners. A little dragon fire might go a long way in setting examples;)

They really need to make the shows much longer. Too many awesome characters vying for air time.

Back