Skip to main content

Eviction Stage design, On-Air Graphics and Theme Song Talk

@SepiaBird I'm a music producer, and one of my producer mates also owns a company who did work with channel 9 when 2012 was re-launching. However they scrapped it last minute, for some unknown reason lol.

https://soundcloud.com/dreamerproductionsau/big-brother-australia-2012
Hey, thank you. I have this one already too, it's actually my ringtone I love it so much! :inlove:

Tell your friend I said thank you and please ask him not to sue me. ;)

And thank you too for sharing it! :)

What makes you think they were going to have the ramp for one show?
When it was first spotted at one of the evictions prior to the finale, somebody on here said that it was for the plank.

It just seemed to serve such little purpose in the finale. And the Housemates all walked through the crowd when they went to talk to Sonia so it all seemed to fit the theory.

Hey, thank you. I have this one already too, it's actually my ringtone I love it so much! :inlove:

Tell your friend I said thank you and please ask him not to sue me. ;)

And thank you too for sharing it! :)
Hahaha, dw he won't sue and will do haha :). If you ever want to listen to my stuff, you can. Might as well share to this forum my creativity, however you guys might not like this type of music haha.

Catch me beatzz here: https://soundcloud.com/dead-s-disco

I just wish the U.S. went the same way.

That was never going to happen... Paul Romer, co-creator of the original series, served as the Executive Producer for the inaugural US series... Also the best thing CBS ever did for BB in the US was switch the format... And to be honest a BBAU style theme would NEVER have suited the US format...

That was never going to happen... Paul Romer, co-creator of the original series, served as the Executive Producer for the inaugural US series... Also the best thing CBS ever did for BB in the US was switch the format... And to be honest a BBAU style theme would NEVER have suited the US format...
You're from Canada right? Considering the U.S version was broadcast in Canada before it had its own series, do you think that Canada could ever adopt the Australian format? :)

You're from Canada right? Considering the U.S version was broadcast in Canada before it had its own series, do you think that Canada could ever adopt the Australian format? :)

NO! Why would you even ask such a question? For one Australia doesn't really have a "format"... Aside from a few quirks that are uniquely Australian the basic "format" is for the most part the same the world over... Those that follow the American format are essentially watching a completely different show than the BB you know and love... To go back would isolate BB's core fan-base...

It would be the same as BBAU suddenly adopting the US format... It just wouldn't be BB anymore... Which is why I've been saying that if the US format were to be adapted for Australia it would need to be done under a new name...

BB Canada is however a little more open to adapting twists from international versions...

@DigitalCorp is an idiot... He thinks everything BBAU is amazing but he really doesn't speak for anyone but himself... North American BB fans are quiet happy with the format the way it is and for what it is...

Last edited:
@Kingston, just a completely irrelevant question, have you seen all seasons of BBAU 2001-2014? I know you have followed many of the later seasons, including many international series, but I don't think I've ever asked if you've seen the early seasons of our BB. Purely out of curiosity... no reason.

@Kingston, just a completely irrelevant question, have you seen all seasons of BBAU 2001-2014? I know you have followed many of the later seasons, including many international series, but I don't think I've ever asked if you've seen the early seasons of our BB. Purely out of curiosity... no reason.

Bits and pieces here and there but never really in depth... You'll notice I rarely ever comment about the HM's or events of a particular series... My interest in BBAU has always been about the production side of things... ie. Twists and stuff like that... Back when I first came to BBBA I relied on public computers a lot and Internet videos weren't as advanced as they are now but that said I did read a lot of the daily news stories on the scary boards (the OS) for BB03 and updates for BB02 and what I could find before that... I tired to go back and watch bits of what I could find on YT when I could but to be honest it's never the same as watching BB live and it gets boring and way too tedious after a while...

BBUK was more my style anyways... I've spent way more time watching those series... BBAU was always just a bit of fluff before the US and UK series started...

Because when BBUS was re-tooled in to what it is today it was never intended to be the same style of big entertainment show as BBAU was... I mean for 9 years of the show BB did not even have a studio audience... I could not imagine a hyped up BBAU style theme and then cutting to Julie in an empty studio... It would be completely anticlimactic...

Back