Skip to main content

Eviction Stage design, On-Air Graphics and Theme Song Talk

I was going to try to cobble a version together, but there is about 4 bars missing when the melody changes to an octave higher, just before the end. :(

I've been after it since 2012!

There just aren't any clean versions of it that I can find. :(

IDK Where to post this but I made a slight edit to the 2008 logo. I think it looks a lot better than whatever leavers jacket font they used, maybe I'm biased, wgaf?

Attachments

• bblogo.png
    bblogo.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 30
Also the common promo font from the Channel 9 days is Proxima Nova Black https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/marksimonson/proxima-nova/black/

And BB04 promos used a font that is very similar to Neuropolitical https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/typodermic/neuropolitical/regular/ ... the difference being the characters were more regular without one part 'shortened'. The actual font is probably from the same designer as this one (Ray Larabie). Tachyon (http://www.linotype.com/650414/tachyon-regular-product.html) is an alternate font that is pretty close, but wasn't designed until 2008 so it can't be that!

Does anyone have the Channel 4 font for BBUK while we're at it? I'm in desperate need for it!

Was watching random things on YouTube and I realised that I had completely forgotten that the 2005 eviction stage originally had stairs at the base of the giant screen at the back that opened up in the middle that were removed after the Launch. It then took them three weeks to undo some of the construction they had done behind it to create a raised floor (as a result of the stairs) so they could use it again as an alternative entrance point for Gretel.

Wonder why they were removed... I actually prefered the look with them there. Then again, it wasn't uncommon for the stage to be re-worked after the Launch. 2004's stage also had major changes made to the middle of the stage post-Launch.

8fwz8ro.png

AND THEN, Gretel sits in the C! WITH A DRINK! GRETEL YOU GODDESS!

8fwz8ro.png

AND THEN, Gretel sits in the C! WITH A DRINK! GRETEL YOU GODDESS!

Ah the memories! Those were the days am I right?

It's kind of sad that we never got a proper adults only show on the revival with Sonia hosting in a set like this. I reckon Sonia would have been so funny and cheeky. Though with the mess Nine made of BB they would have probably screwed this up too and realistically a Uncut show was never going to happen anyway because they wanted BB to be "family friendly". Boo!

If Foxtel had rights to Big Brother it could be one of the best we've had.
  1. Red Button Active. They could take advantage of the fact that they have a system where you press the red button on your remote and it takes you to this interface of (most) cameras in the house.
  2. Classification. With Foxtel, they play an MA rated episode of The Real Housewives of Melbourne at 10am. with a 7:30PM timeslot on a channel like say.. FOX8 then they could add in all storylines without censorship, FOR GOD SAKES THEY AIR GAME OF THRONES ALL DAY WITH AN R FUCKING CLASSIFICATION.

If Foxtel had rights to Big Brother it could be one of the best we've had.
  1. Red Button Active. They could take advantage of the fact that they have a system where you press the red button on your remote and it takes you to this interface of (most) cameras in the house.
  2. Classification. With Foxtel, they play an MA rated episode of The Real Housewives of Melbourne at 10am. with a 7:30PM timeslot on a channel like say.. FOX8 then they could add in all storylines without censorship, FOR GOD SAKES THEY AIR GAME OF THRONES ALL DAY WITH AN R FUCKING CLASSIFICATION.
It would be smart for Foxtel to commision it but have they done any reality shows?

Back