Skip to main content

"Estelle is just being herself" Really?

I quite like Estelle, I'm just sick of listening to people who have never met the HM's arguing over who 'they really are'.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Never ever talk about Estelle in an Estelle thread.

Both sides of the argument are bona fide fucking crazy!

They talk about her like they are related to her or actually know her!

Quick, creep out and don't touch anything!

The slightest Estelle comment (whether that be good or bad) will see them galloping from all areas of the forum, screaming like banshee's!

People who hate her seem to be retarded, they don't have any real argument, and they can't be all kids, so I believe they are mentally deficient. I don’t mean to be rude, I truly believe it. I wouldn’t say mental to be hospitalised, but not quite normal, they can’t reason properly.
I am seriously sick to bloody death of being branded a "retard", a "bully", a "psychopath" a "sociopath" whatfreakingever other wonderful things posters come up with simply because I don't care for the same housemate you do.

Get a grip. Let's not continue the personal attacks.

And no I don't "hate" Estelle. I don't know her how could I hate her? I prefer other housemates. But what would I know since I am retarded and can't reason properly. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am seriously sick to bloody death of being branded a "retard", a "bully", a "psychopath" a "sociopath" whatfreakingever other wonderful things posters come up with simply because I don't care for the same housemate you do.

Now when you say "sick." Do you mean physically sick? Or just a strong emotional response? It might suggest an underlying anger issue. Have you considered going and seeing a therapist to work out these strong emotions. There's a lot of good anti-psychotics out there which may be able to help even you out.

I agree that Estelle is "just being herself". I find it bizarre that people talk of housemates, essentially faking it. Furthermore I see nothing wrong with her dancing and fooling around, it seems such a ridiculous thing to bitch about in these forums.

Having said that, I do believe that Estelle is either just young and silly when she claims to have had a hard life, and I'll let that slide because she strikes me as someone who will grow up and look back at that statement and cringe and realize how wrong and cringeworthy it was. Either that or she is just a pathetic bratastic whinger with no idea. I don't know her personally so it's just conjecture. Either way, a young woman who owns 2 properties/houses, has travelled and partied in Europe who goes to university and has showjumping experience at the tender age of 23/24 can hardly claim poverty and hard living.
Again though, it's just conjecture.

This is truly her being her. She is a crazy, over the top, opinionated person and she is defiantly confrontational, however I think people are taking the word "confrontational" out of context. She isn't someone who will bitch and yell and start fights etc etc that's more Angie's type of confrontational. Estelle will be confrontational and debate over certain subjects e.g racism, boat people, homophobia, etc etc and these are not conversations that are being aired on TV.

Also, I don't understand why it's not ok for Estelle to dance, sing, roll around on the floor, when we see this stupid behaviour from a lot of them (Michael/Stacey/Ben/Josh)

And worse, creationists yet. Oy! Talk about the last refuge of a desperately depleted argument.

There's no need to hate Estelle. She's just a precious little tit who appears to have had some difficulty melding with a random group of people. Much more than the other remaining HMs, she's been thrown out of her comfort zone. There's been a change because she's had to re-evaluate how she interacts.

She's tried being assertively dominant in conversation with her opinions and it backfired. Then came the try hard business of asserting identity through different performances of herself, the so called multiple personalities. She's even pulled the woe is me line with no success. Perhaps she's been too used to being the one people listen to in her social circle.

I'm not of the opinion any of this is contrived as such. I agree with Ben. Estelle is just herself and has had some difficulty adapting to the group dynamics of the house. My impression is that she's making belated progress in her own muddled and randomly silly way. Only Michael nominated her this week, after all. Perhaps she's finally settling in.

Estelle is like a drama student.
She brought in all of her props & plays a different role as the mood swings.

Now when you say "sick." Do you mean physically sick? Or just a strong emotional response? It might suggest an underlying anger issue. Have you considered going and seeing a therapist to work out these strong emotions. There's a lot of good anti-psychotics out there which may be able to help even you out.
Way to make my point uan. Cheers!

You should be so grateful that UAN is handing out all this free psychiatric advice. You could pay an absolute fortune if the advice was from somebody actually qualified to give it lol

Agreed CaspersMum. I wish people could have adult debates about housemates etc without resorting to the lowest common denominator in attacking each other.Unfortunately I've had similar abuses aimed at me and I end up lowering myself to their level sometimes in an efort to defend myself, which I'm not proud of. If only people could chat and discuss things without being arses, instead being adults. But hey, it's the internet, it's bound to attract idiots sometimes. ;)

And no I don't "hate" Estelle. I don't know her how could I hate her? I prefer other housemates. But what would I know since I am retarded and can't reason properly. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hahaha. And this is what it comes down to. People offering advice about anti-psychotic drugs. Pathetic eh.

You should be so grateful that UAN is handing out all this free psychiatric advice. You could pay an absolute fortune if the advice was from somebody actually qualified to give it lol

I meant what I said. Some people don't seem to be able to reason. They hate without reasons, or at least none they stated.

I didn't want to be rude but it seemed to me those haters were other young or not well educated.

Agreed CaspersMum. I wish people could have adult debates about housemates etc without resorting to the lowest common denominator in attacking each other.Unfortunately I've had similar abuses aimed at me and I end up lowering myself to their level sometimes in an efort to defend myself, which I'm not proud of. If only people could chat and discuss things without being arses, instead being adults. But hey, it's the internet, it's bound to attract idiots sometimes. ;)

And that is exactly what I think of the haters, they don't seem to be able to have an adult discussion, and they do attack and abuse.

There's a few people who are quite bad. I just sometimes bait them back with joke comments that they often don't understand. There's just no point taking some people seriously. When you're discussing something like a house mate and they deny the contents of direct quotes from the house mate. Then give you a personal insult. It's tempting to get into it. However I am trying to not do that any more.

I also find it annoying some people are unwilling to discuss. Ok, I have a opinion that is different. Don't attack me calling me names saying I am completely wrong. With out adding anything to support that and back it up. It's like when I had fun doing a psychopath checklist against Ben (people took that so seriously, it was kind of funny). I went through the list and rational on the forum. Where I was making assumptions and why I was justifying my answers. I got endless shit about it. Called all sorts of names. Yet not a single person responded to my rationale. Went through my answers to the checklist and said one of my responses was wrong and why. It was just, "You're an idiot, you're wrong." They added nothing. You can't have adult discussions like that.

People just reacted strongly and emotionally to an opinion they couldn't discuss and just attacked.

Im just going to repost what i wrote in another thread because to be honest its just the same thing every day in every other thread that im trying to get across...

ok, here goes..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
im pretty sure that when going into the house Estelle didnt expect to be in the isolated position that she was in for the first few weeks.

Its not that she cant cop being on tv on a show like big brother.. she cant cop (and i probably woulnt either, except i would stand up for myself more) that so many people banded together and were nasty (when they didnt have to be) when she hasnt been mean to anyone, she seems kind, yes she has some social issues but is not nasty.
I feel like a broken record!! Im constantly reopeating this.. can some people honestly not see this??

Im getting really tired of people vilifying estelle because shes apparently 'an attention seeker'. Have you not seen the things micheal does on a much more regular basis than Estelle.. is this not also attention seeking.. or are you just going to say "no, thats just micheal being himself so its ok". then why is it not ok for estelle? What about ben, does he not exhibit attention seeking behaviour, what about josh.. is singing nothing to do with having everyones attention, what about stacey.. definetly attention seeking attributes there. In fact its completely natural to want the attention of others, yet it only seems to be a problem for Estelle.. even though she seems to be doing it less than the other housemates if you are really honest with yourself. And no, before you jump to generalized conclusions.. i dont hate those other housemates.

And no, I havent fallen for her supposed fake, attention-seeking, pity-me, try-hardedness, Ive fallen for who seems a kind-heard girl who just doesnt get why people wont even try to understand her.

Is it really that hard for you anti-Estellites to put yourself in her shoes and try to understand what it might feel like to be her.. a bit confused, the big-brother experience not quite working out how she thought it would, not sure of who she is, trying to fit in but coming off as awkward every time, trying to be supportive but getting shut down, trying to bide her time in the house in her own quirky way and then being ostracised for it, and people being mean to her when she hasnt been mean to anyone..

That would sure get to me.. and who knows, with no contact with the outside world i might shed a tear or two also if i actually heard somebody verbalize the 'hate' for me. Think about it

Absolutely right!

Angie is exactly as you described.

You will notice that the footage lately and her general behaviour (since the Layla vs Angie Fight) has changed radically.
She has been trying to turn a new page, and rid herself of that negative image she created for herself.
Too bad her bitch-off was very memorable and long lasting which in turn has killed her chances of winning.
But I still have to ask why the f*** did Australia vote her to "Most Saved"???

I would have thought she had lost a lot of fans since then.

Maybe its only Gold Coast/Rest Of QLD that is voting for her.

Angie/Frank whatever her name is has dug a hole so deep that no amount of smiling and makeup will fix this problem.
Walk the plank or face the music to a loathing crowd.

Don't Save Angie - feed her to the sharks.

^^ #1 Estelle >>

yes I have been asking the same question, Why the hell did she get the most votes to save?

yes I have been asking the same question, Why the hell did she get the most votes to save?

Maybe it's the batting of those eyelashes.

She should have taken the call from her dad.
How rude.
Maybe that is an example of what she is like on the outside...hanging up on people.

People will criticize people, but all I can say is she will not be able to shake the damage she has done to her public image.
Think about it.

What is the first thing the media will ask her when she gets shown the door?
Angie vs Layla without question.

Im just going to repost what i wrote in another thread because to be honest its just the same thing every day in every other thread that im trying to get across...

ok, here goes..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
im pretty sure that when going into the house Estelle didnt expect to be in the isolated position that she was in for the first few weeks.

Its not that she cant cop being on tv on a show like big brother.. she cant cop (and i probably woulnt either, except i would stand up for myself more) that so many people banded together and were nasty (when they didnt have to be) when she hasnt been mean to anyone, she seems kind, yes she has some social issues but is not nasty.
I feel like a broken record!! Im constantly reopeating this.. can some people honestly not see this??

Im getting really tired of people vilifying estelle because shes apparently 'an attention seeker'. Have you not seen the things micheal does on a much more regular basis than Estelle.. is this not also attention seeking.. or are you just going to say "no, thats just micheal being himself so its ok". then why is it not ok for estelle? What about ben, does he not exhibit attention seeking behaviour, what about josh.. is singing nothing to do with having everyones attention, what about stacey.. definetly attention seeking attributes there. In fact its completely natural to want the attention of others, yet it only seems to be a problem for Estelle.. even though she seems to be doing it less than the other housemates if you are really honest with yourself. And no, before you jump to generalized conclusions.. i dont hate those other housemates.

And no, I havent fallen for her supposed fake, attention-seeking, pity-me, try-hardedness, Ive fallen for who seems a kind-heard girl who just doesnt get why people wont even try to understand her.

Is it really that hard for you anti-Estellites to put yourself in her shoes and try to understand what it might feel like to be her.. a bit confused, the big-brother experience not quite working out how she thought it would, not sure of who she is, trying to fit in but coming off as awkward every time, trying to be supportive but getting shut down, trying to bide her time in the house in her own quirky way and then being ostracised for it, and people being mean to her when she hasnt been mean to anyone..

That would sure get to me.. and who knows, with no contact with the outside world i might shed a tear or two also if i actually heard somebody verbalize the 'hate' for me. Think about it
I think a lot of Estelle haters flat out refuse to empathize with Estelle..that or they simply don't know how to.
So unfortunately the very logical things you have said will go over their heads and you will be fed with predictably apathetic responses.

So ridiculous. Al the personal attacks by the Estelle fans. So if I am not a fan of Estelle I must hate her? No I don't. She is just not my cup of tea.

Back