Skip to main content

"Estelle is just being herself" Really?

Actually I was floored when Stacey said to Ben that she can't see the annoying parts of Estelle's personality that the other HM's keep bitching about. Either, they are finally being honest or a complete turn around for obvious reasons

i think stacey probably thought she possesses those so called 'flaws' if they are indeed flaws.
talking over people, all the girls in there do.
dancing around, stacey did not much less than estelle.
being weird, how many weird acts stacey did so far?

she would have asked herself, why these are flaws? but how come she came off as popular yet estelle being the hated one. she knows she is on a very thin line here

i think stacey probably thought she possesses those so called 'flaws' if they are indeed flaws.
talking over people, all the girls in there do.
dancing around, stacey did not much less than estelle.
being weird, how many weird acts stacey did so far?

she would have asked herself, why these are flaws? but how come she came off as popular yet estelle being the hated one. she knows she is on a very thin line here

Have to agree with this, all this bullshit about Estelle being weird, when all the HM's have shown weirdness at one time or another. And what the hell is so wrong with being weird anyway? I'm assuming people would like us all to be carbon copies of each other

I concur with the OP but there's really no point criticising Estelle on this forum. The majority of people here love her and will always disagree, but I will always disagree with their reasons for disagreeing with my views on her. Each to their own.

But I think my issue with Estelle's weird is it comes off as a very forced and fake kind of weird. I think quirkiness if fantastic, but there's something about the way she acts that seems contrived.

Michael for instance was jolly and quite funny during the first episodes. He's become grumpy. They've all changed due to the unique situation they find themselves in. We also know them better now, beyond first impressions.

From what I can tell I'm fairly confident Estelle's reactions are genuine. Faking tears is not easy. She doesn't seem to have a brain for strategy. Clearly ostracizing yourself from the group resulting in being nominated constantly is not a winning strategy. It was a close call on a few occasions, she is lucky to still be there at all.

Personally her crying and meekness in general irritates me. But people love an underdog, I understand why people are saving her.

It would be much more interesting if she fought back against her attackers. I think it would be hilarious if she was somehow put in a position of power (think head of house, from other BBs) and used it to mess with the people who talked behind her back. But knowing her, she doesn't have the headstrong personality necessary to make good use of it.

Actually I was floored when Stacey said to Ben that she can't see the annoying parts of Estelle's personality that the other HM's keep bitching about. Either, they are finally being honest or a complete turn around for obvious reasons

Wasn't this more to do with Angies claim of Estelle talking to the cameras?

Which to me came across as a lie. Especially seeing everyone kind of was like... eeerr is she?

Remember Angie made comments of how great a liar and how much she lies or something.

Wasn't this more to do with Angies claim of Estelle talking to the cameras?

Which to me came across as a lie. Especially seeing everyone kind of was like... eeerr is she?

Remember Angie made comments of how great a liar and how much she lies or something.

No, Ben says to Stacey, "I have this thing with Estelle, where I want to protect Estelle, but then at the same time I find her to be..like I see all the points that other people don't like about her" Then Stacey says "What do you see, I don't ..." They talk about the cameras just after this. This convo is about 9 mins into the noms show

There isn't even one HM in there being real, they are all fake in one way or another with elements of themselves.
A lot of the time they are excrutiating to watch - especially the tasks, and tasks are usually highlights

I can't count the amount of times i have read this phrase over the last few weeks on forums and twitter. Out of boredom i have been watching the first few weeks of bigbrother.

Estelle came into the house an outspoken, confident, smart, strong willed woman with strong political and social views who regularly spoke over people and didn't let people finish their stories and sentences. In her own words she "loved confrontation" and never missed an opportunity to debate a topic whether the other person wanted to or not.

Now this once extroverted, opinionated and rebellious woman is a innocent 'dumb' little child who can't stop laughing,dancing and clowning around infront of the cameras and avoids confrontation at all costs. She promised to stir things up in the house and keep things interesting, well since that plan has obviously failed she is now aiming for the sympathy vote by playing the victim and crying at times which she knows will be telecasted (eg. last 2 weeks of live nominations)

So which is the real Estelle?

Both. This is the way she reacts to stress and constant nominations. What do you want her to do ? We do NOT know Estelle personally. you may, but a lot of us don't.
She is constantly being kicked in the guts.
They all made promises not kept. They all think they are funnier, happier, wittier, more bitchy and so very popular. Guess what ?
Perhaps after seeing confrontations she is growing a bit......unlike some of the other mental giants....maybe she is learning what and how things should run. Growing up ? A few of the housemates could do with that..........most indeed. Most of them a manipulating cluster fucks . :)
The only one being real real is the dog.........and that is because it peed in the middle of the bedroom. :)

Have to agree with this, all this bullshit about Estelle being weird, when all the HM's have shown weirdness at one time or another. And what the hell is so wrong with being weird anyway? I'm assuming people would like us all to be carbon copies of each other

Bc the way she acts weird is such a put on. A real "try Hard" effort to make ppl THINK she is weird, when all she really is, is a socially inadequate, immature young woman who cant get any attention without acting silly all the time. Ive never liked ppl who act silly just for the attention.

She wants attention, and she knows that the way she was in the house originally was getting a very negative reaction, so she changed the way she acts to make it seem like she is some fun loving, wacky kind of girl. She is not like that at all.

Same person in a different situation.

Couldn't agree more! Unless you have experienced what it is like to be surrounded by people who constantly judge everything you say and do, and you see that, you really can't relate. I can tell that she second guesses who she is, due to the emotional bullying she has had to endure in the house, which really sucks. It's as if some of the HMs have tried to slap the light right out of her. Who is she? She is amazing, selfless, genuine, trustworthy, full of energy, pure of heart... The list goes on and on. Team Stella!

Last edited:
Bc the way she acts weird is such a put on. A real "try Hard" effort to make ppl THINK she is weird, when all she really is, is a socially inadequate, immature young woman who cant get any attention without acting silly all the time. Ive never liked ppl who act silly just for the attention.

She wants attention, and she knows that the way she was in the house originally was getting a very negative reaction, so she changed the way she acts to make it seem like she is some fun loving, wacky kind of girl. She is not like that at all.

i guess weirdness is in the eye of the beholder.. I don't see that at all, but we all see things differently, thank feck. Do you know Estelle? just wondering since you are saying she's "not like that at all" how do you know this oh wise one?

I don't enjoy watching Estelle (despite voting for her 3 times for strategic reasons.) I was however, intrigued by Ben's comment to Stacy "I don't think she's acting." Make what you will of Ben but he is remarkably astute.

Was United States of Tara a good tv show? I never mustered the interest and/or enthusiasm to see it.

i guess weirdness is in the eye of the beholder.. I don't see that at all, but we all see things differently, thank feck. Do you know Estelle? just wondering since you are saying she's "not like that at all" how do you know this oh wise one?

bc of the way she has changed her personality so quickly, just bc her first version of Estelle was met with negativity by the HM's. All of a sudden she becomes wacky Estelle. Running around like a demented chicken, and interrupting convo's with weird noises.

So obviously a put on to get attention. Not funny or natural at all. Just stupid

The house mates haven't said she's changed personality. Just some like Ben that they've come to better understand her.

Maybe it's just the focus of the shows. When she had a b/f storylines are just different. Now there's more pot plants, less going on. More room for showing different stuff.

bc of the way she has changed her personality so quickly, just bc her first version of Estelle was met with negativity by the HM's. All of a sudden she becomes wacky Estelle. Running around like a demented chicken, and interrupting convo's with weird noises.

So obviously a put on to get attention. Not funny or natural at all. Just stupid

You do realise this show is edited right?

Fact is none of these donkeys are themselves. I bet in the real world some would just go batshit crazy in confrontations. BB is like a mediator standing in the middle. If he wasnt around it'd be game on.

You know nothing about women. Estelle has been caught between trying to be herself and cope with being excluded from the group. She's been on the back foot for most of the show, trying to keep her chin up despite the relentless nominations. Each week she's been nominated she's had to work to change the way the other HM perceive her. I think she's actually handled the pressure extremely well.

It's too easy and too simplistic to just dismiss her as being wacky or demented. I've found it interesting trying to understand her behaviour rather than just letting something quirky annoy me to the point of festering hatred - and lets be honest, BB is full of vacuous idiots, it's easy to hate them. :) With Estelle there doesn't seem to be anything mean about her. Actually, that's the thing I like about her most, she never seems to be motivated by spite or anger. She seems genuine, and I like that.

Back