Skip to main content

"Estelle is just being herself" Really?

They are all pretty much fake wankers.

They are so busy hiding and tip toing around each other, and in the real world they would tell people your pissing me off stop it.

I reckon Mikey is about to combust though.

Tara is good, I watch sometimes

You know nothing about women. Estelle has been caught between trying to be herself and cope with being excluded from the group. She's been on the back foot for most of the show, trying to keep her chin up despite the relentless nominations. Each week she's been nominated she's had to work to change the way the other HM perceive her. I think she's actually handled the pressure extremely well.

It's too easy and too simplistic to just dismiss her as being wacky or demented. I've found it interesting trying to understand her behaviour rather than just letting something quirky annoy me to the point of festering hatred - and lets be honest, BB is full of vacuous idiots, it's easy to hate them. :) With Estelle there doesn't seem to be anything mean about her. Actually, that's the thing I like about her most, she never seems to be motivated by spite or anger. She seems genuine, and I like that.

I agree with you on all points.
I see people for what they are, and can not understand why there are so many stupid comments about her.

People who hate her seem to be retarded, they don't have any real argument, and they can't be all kids, so I believe they are mentally deficient. I don’t mean to be rude, I truly believe it. I wouldn’t say mental to be hospitalised, but not quite normal, they can’t reason properly.

I agree with you on all points.
I see people for what they are, and can not understand why there are so many stupid comments about her.

People who hate her seem to be retarded, they don't have any real argument, and they can't be all kids, so I believe they are mentally deficient. I don’t mean to be rude, I truly believe it. I wouldn’t say mental to be hospitalised, but not quite normal, they can’t reason properly.

I suspect some posters didn't like some negativity towards some of their favorite housemates early on. So then they feel they have to be over the top against other peoples favorite house mates. Which is kind of strange as Estelle isn't overly popular, she just has some supporters. In general no one on the show is really that popular. Estelle and her constant nominations has just made her supporters stand out a bit.

It general the whole Estelle haters thing reminds me of when you see a creationists argue against a scientist. The scientist puts forward and argument for evolution and a critique of creationism. It's on point, it's logical, it has facts, data and makes clear sense. Then creationist responds or attacks with an illogical, vague pointless, sometimes unclear response or attack on evolution. That they think resembles the type of argument the scientist made but it doesn't at all. There's just such a divide in how they understand the world and science. That they can't actually understand why their argument is nonsense and how it is ridiculous and vastly inferior to the scientists. They just know evolution is wrong, or that there is something wrong with Estelle. It just seems the haters are blatantly against the other side even though they don't understand it and can't even express why.

You know nothing about women. Estelle has been caught between trying to be herself and cope with being excluded from the group. She's been on the back foot for most of the show, trying to keep her chin up despite the relentless nominations. Each week she's been nominated she's had to work to change the way the other HM perceive her. I think she's actually handled the pressure extremely well.

It's too easy and too simplistic to just dismiss her as being wacky or demented. I've found it interesting trying to understand her behaviour rather than just letting something quirky annoy me to the point of festering hatred - and lets be honest, BB is full of vacuous idiots, it's easy to hate them. :) With Estelle there doesn't seem to be anything mean about her. Actually, that's the thing I like about her most, she never seems to be motivated by spite or anger. She seems genuine, and I like that.

Now just wait a minute here!! Are you seriously saying that I know nothing about women?? Me, know nothing at all, about women!! Ill have you know ive been married for 11 years, and prior to that had at least 3 long term relationships with various WOMEN! HELLO!!

Well let me tell you! I certainly dont know ANYTHING about women :p LOL. What man does! I dont hate Estelle. she does annoy me though. I just find that she acts way to fake for my liking. yes, all the HMs put on a certain persona within the house. Every one of us also has a certain persona we use, depending on who we are with. I just fell that Estelle's stands out more bc of the fact that she is trying so hard to be accepted, rather than just saying "Hey, you dont like me? Well tough shit, this is who I am, like it or not". Thats what I would prefer to see.

(reply to UAN)

Oh get out of it, there have been more than enough clear and concise reasons about why we don't like Estelle. My first and foremost reason is the fact she is a giant attention seeker. It actually took me a little while to put my finger on it too. We have provided facts / footage etc to back our arguments but it just comes down to two different perceptions doesn't it?

Trying to compare us to creationists is just pathetic and a rather low act.

It is at the point where it is obvious there are Estelle lovers and haters, you berating the 'haters' as you so maturely call everyone all the time won't change our minds just like we will not change your mind. Let's at least try to debate civilly.

I suspect some posters didn't like some negativity towards some of their favorite housemates early on. So then they feel they have to be over the top against other peoples favorite house mates. Which is kind of strange as Estelle isn't overly popular, she just has some supporters. In general no one on the show is really that popular. Estelle and her constant nominations has just made her supporters stand out a bit.

It general the whole Estelle haters thing reminds me of when you see a creationists argue against a scientist. The scientist puts forward and argument for evolution and a critique of creationism. It's on point, it's logical, it has facts, data and makes clear sense. Then creationist responds or attacks with an illogical, vague pointless, sometimes unclear response or attack on evolution. That they think resembles the type of argument the scientist made but it doesn't at all. There's just such a divide in how they understand the world and science. That they can't actually understand why their argument is nonsense and how it is ridiculous and vastly inferior to the scientists. They just know evolution is wrong, or that there is something wrong with Estelle. It just seems the haters are blatantly against the other side even though they don't understand it and can't even express why.

Very good comparison and last sentence is perfect

This is just a ridiculous baseless generalization. Please explain which parts of the original post are incorrect. Was Estelle not a confident, opinionated, confrontational woman when she entered the house? Has she not changed since then? Is she now not behaving like a immature, overly emotional, attention seeking little child?

Your analogy is just stupid. If you want to play the illogical stereotype game, I can also unfairly pigeon hole you Estelle fans as well: All Estelle fans can relate with her as they were most likely bullied or victimized at some point in their life, and now are obsessed with flooding these forums with hate for every housemate that dare says anything unkind towards their idol. Just like Estelle does in the house, you obsessed fans turn most threads into something said to Estelle, or an incident involving her. They also hate the group 'pack' mentality of the house that reminds them of their experiences at school. Like Estelle they were unpopular and the odd ones out and due to this they do not have many friends or a thriving social life and thus spend most of their time on internet forums racking up hundreds and thousands of posts.

What you guys are forgetting is unlike most bullied/victimized kids, Estelle has not been verbally or physically bullied at all. This is A GAME. Housemate must nominate 2 people each week. they also must give a reason to nominate each person. other than being nominated each week Estelle has not been verbally or physically bullied in anyway shape or form. She came into the house looking for confrontation (as she herself stated), and tried to do so at every opportunity whether she had to cut off peoples sentences or not. Other housemates criticizing her behavior among themselves is NOT bullying, it's called discussion. Estelle was so shocked with hearing Michaels nomination reason for her because it was the first time someone has actually directly (without knowing) insulted her in the house.

Last edited:
This is just a ridiculous baseless generalization. Please explain which parts of the original post are incorrect.

It was a generalization on Estelle haters but not baseless. I was not actually referring to your specific original post. I don't remember if i've even read it.

Maybe ask yourself why you took it so personally?

(reply to UAN)

Oh get out of it, there have been more than enough clear and concise reasons about why we don't like Estelle. My first and foremost reason is the fact she is a giant attention seeker. It actually took me a little while to put my finger on it too. We have provided facts / footage etc to back our arguments but it just comes down to two different perceptions doesn't it?

Trying to compare us to creationists is just pathetic and a rather low act.

It is at the point where it is obvious there are Estelle lovers and haters, you berating the 'haters' as you so maturely call everyone all the time won't change our minds just like we will not change your mind. Let's at least try to debate civilly.

I love Estelle! :p

It was a generalization on Estelle haters but not baseless. I was not actually referring to your specific original post. I don't remember if i've even read it.

Maybe ask yourself why you took it so personally?

You did not read the original post yet you've made 6 posts in this thread. Interesting.. Reminds me of someone who will randomly jump into conversations and topics without knowing or caring what is being talked about..you're very similar to a certain girl in the house. It's making more sense now.

What makes you think I took anything you've said personally?

You did not read the original post yet you've made 6 posts in this thread. Interesting.. Reminds me of someone who will randomly jump into conversations and topics without knowing or caring what is being talked about..you're very similar to a certain girl in the house. It's making more sense now.

What makes you think I took anything you've said personally?

Your attitude.

Other people have things to say that warrant responses. Not everything revolves around yourself.

So you just jump into threads, skip the topic and just randomly read responses? i hate to revert to the topic header but, Really?

I was responding to the thread at where it was at. Not where it started.

If you notice, this post of mine is not a direct response to the original post.

I just can't understand how people on this forum who have never met Estelle can decide if she's being herself or not!
It's like the HM's going on about getting 'the real josh back' - they've known him for what 8 weeks? How do they know who he really is and what his personality is really like?

Without the live feed and uplate there is no way for the viewers to know the real person behind the housemates. We know what Channel 9 want us to know about the HM's.

That is all.

Who else is she being if she is not being herself?

I just can't understand how people on this forum who have never met Estelle can decide if she's being herself or not!
It's like the HM's going on about getting 'the real josh back' - they've known him for what 8 weeks? How do they know who he really is and what his personality is really like?

Without the live feed and uplate there is no way for the viewers to know the real person behind the housemates. We know what Channel 9 want us to know about the HM's.

That is all.

Gawd, don't get them all fired up again!

We just settled them all down.

Now look at what you have done!

Once one hears and responds to an Estelle insult, the whole flock follows like a fucking stampede!

Now look at what you have done!

Once one hears and responds to an Estelle insult, the whole flock follows like a fucking stampede!

I quite like Estelle, I'm just sick of listening to people who have never met the HM's arguing over who 'they really are'.

Back