Skip to main content

"Estelle is just being herself" Really?

bbau2k12

I can't count the amount of times i have read this phrase over the last few weeks on forums and twitter. Out of boredom i have been watching the first few weeks of bigbrother.

Estelle came into the house an outspoken, confident, smart, strong willed woman with strong political and social views who regularly spoke over people and didn't let people finish their stories and sentences. In her own words she "loved confrontation" and never missed an opportunity to debate a topic whether the other person wanted to or not.

Now this once extroverted, opinionated and rebellious woman is a innocent 'dumb' little child who can't stop laughing,dancing and clowning around infront of the cameras and avoids confrontation at all costs. She promised to stir things up in the house and keep things interesting, well since that plan has obviously failed she is now aiming for the sympathy vote by playing the victim and crying at times which she knows will be telecasted (eg. last 2 weeks of live nominations)

So which is the real Estelle?

I think her behaviour has definitely changed since the nominations started for her. If she wasn't repeatedly nominated, I definitely think we'd be seeing a different Estelle - the opinionated, extroverted one.
She was probably holding back on her 'clown' side a bit when she came in so that there could be some serious debates and conversations, etc, but gave up when she realised she's the most disliked so she is just letting herself go instead.

I don't think she's being fake though. It would be way too exhausting to be in her position and be putting on a show week in week out. I just think it's how she's coping.

I can't count the amount of times i have read this phrase over the last few weeks on forums and twitter. Out of boredom i have been watching the first few weeks of bigbrother.

Estelle came into the house an outspoken, confident, smart, strong willed woman with strong political and social views who regularly spoke over people and didn't let people finish their stories and sentences. In her own words she "loved confrontation" and never missed an opportunity to debate a topic whether the other person wanted to or not.

Now this once extroverted, opinionated and rebellious woman is a innocent 'dumb' little child who can't stop laughing,dancing and clowning around infront of the cameras and avoids confrontation at all costs. She promised to stir things up in the house and keep things interesting, well since that plan has obviously failed she is now aiming for the sympathy vote by playing the victim and crying at times which she knows will be telecasted (eg. last 2 weeks of live nominations)

So which is the real Estelle?

lol [MENTION=30986]Butterfly[/MENTION] wings.

duck for cover, here comes my hammer! haha

well, Cant you see this is exactly what bullying do to people? LOL.

she's had a few happy weeks with most saved and ava, she is maturing in the house, she is trying to adapt. although she insists on being her old self, she is subconsciously evolving to a new self, but still herself, not faking it.
it is a nice feeling to be accepted, i feel she is trying to be more diplomatic within her own principle.

as for the talking over people, now this is really my sore spot!!! it all started with angie, at first i thought estelle must be a hell of a talker,
however in the last few weeks, after watching more of angie's accusation of other HMs talking over her, it is clear to me, angie's idea of talking over her is basically "when she talks, no one should ever make a noise, all attention on her, if you dare to cough, you are bloody talking over her". so estelle is really no worse or better than other girls in that aspect.

This is truly her being her. She is a crazy, over the top, opinionated person and she is defiantly confrontational, however I think people are taking the word "confrontational" out of context. She isn't someone who will bitch and yell and start fights etc etc that's more Angie's type of confrontational. Estelle will be confrontational and debate over certain subjects e.g racism, boat people, homophobia, etc etc and these are not conversations that are being aired on TV.

Also, I don't understand why it's not ok for Estelle to dance, sing, roll around on the floor, when we see this stupid behaviour from a lot of them (Michael/Stacey/Ben/Josh)

If I was ostracized & systematically victimized the way Estelle has been in the house, I think I'd go into my shell a bit too. It's a natural reaction, isn't it.?

This is truly her being her. She is a crazy, over the top, opinionated person and she is defiantly confrontational, however I think people are taking the word "confrontational" out of context. She isn't someone who will bitch and yell and start fights etc etc that's more Angie's type of confrontational. Estelle will be confrontational and debate over certain subjects e.g racism, boat people, homophobia, etc etc and these are not conversations that are being aired on TV.

Also, I don't understand why it's not ok for Estelle to dance, sing, roll around on the floor, when we see this stupid behaviour from a lot of them (Michael/Stacey/Ben/Josh)

Good point, Josh's song during the smiling task last night was cringeworthy and way more bizarre than Estelle. Stacey's zany antics :rolleyes: seem acceptable to the housemates also.

That's the part I don't understand. It's fine for those four to be ridiculous but Ava and Estelle amusing themselves by dancing in the lounge room was somehow totally weird. I found the girls relationship a whole lot less uncomfortable than Michael's obsession with Josh, that's starting to border on creepy! Stacey ranting about meepers bugs the hell out of me when I've yet to hear one conversation out of her that doesn't consist of meeping.

To answer the OP, I think to some degree Estelle has quietened in the house, but given the amount of times she's been nominated and some of the comments she's had directed at her it's to be expected. Initially she seemed to take on board what people are saying and tried to make adjustments for the sake of communal peace but it really didn't make any difference. She was still being nominated, still had the likes of Angie blowing up in her face etc so now she's just doing her own thing. Personally I love seeing her pushing their comfort zones. They often try to project their own behaviours onto Estelle (the angie/layla conversation about stealing boys was a classic) and it totally baffles them when she doesn't fit the box.

I think we've gotten to know her more.

Unlike some house mates who are exactly the same from the first week.

They often try to project their own behaviours onto Estelle (the angie/layla conversation about stealing boys was a classic) and it totally baffles them when she doesn't fit the box.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Remember how many people got burnt at the stake for witchcraft... its just human nature. It happened back then, it keeps happening around the world.. and its happened inside the bb house (metaphorically of course)

And anybody else notice lately that all stacey does is repeat things that other 'power-housemates' say to emphasise their funniness?
'meep' being one of them after ben introduced the notion... kindof ironic that shes doing exactly what a 'meeper' does

I actually agree with ya, bbau2k12! I think she's changing how she acts depending on who's around and who's she's talking to. A perfect example was right after Michael nominated her. She starts crying about how Michael said everyone hated her. As soon as BB contradicted her by saying it didn't seem Michael was stating that, she immediately stopped crying and said she didn't take it that way....Um what?! I really thought I'd like her at the beginning based on her interviews, but I just find her totally fake and annoying.

Totally agree with your views here.

Estelle is Estelle.
There is no hiding, no lying, no cheating, no strategy game playing.
What you see is what you get - minus the mysterious personality which is actually exciting!

Supporting Estelle all the way to the final night!!!!!!

Can I ask a favour to everyone on this forum site?
Give Estelle half a chance to understand her.
Just because the other housemates couldn't work her out doesn't mean you should give up too.

I can only try to convince so much.

Watch back the nominations ep and scroll to 44:00 minute 47:00 minutes and you will see the real her.
It is definitely not an act.

lol [MENTION=30986]Butterfly[/MENTION] wings.

duck for cover, here comes my hammer! haha

well, Cant you see this is exactly what bullying do to people? LOL.

she's had a few happy weeks with most saved and ava, she is maturing in the house, she is trying to adapt. although she insists on being her old self, she is subconsciously evolving to a new self, but still herself, not faking it.
it is a nice feeling to be accepted, i feel she is trying to be more diplomatic within her own principle.

as for the talking over people, now this is really my sore spot!!! it all started with angie, at first i thought estelle must be a hell of a talker,
however in the last few weeks, after watching more of angie's accusation of other HMs talking over her, it is clear to me, angie's idea of talking over her is basically "when she talks, no one should ever make a noise, all attention on her, if you dare to cough, you are bloody talking over her". so estelle is really no worse or better than other girls in that aspect.

Absolutely right!

Angie is exactly as you described.

You will notice that the footage lately and her general behaviour (since the Layla vs Angie Fight) has changed radically.
She has been trying to turn a new page, and rid herself of that negative image she created for herself.
Too bad her bitch-off was very memorable and long lasting which in turn has killed her chances of winning.
But I still have to ask why the f*** did Australia vote her to "Most Saved"???

I would have thought she had lost a lot of fans since then.

Maybe its only Gold Coast/Rest Of QLD that is voting for her.

Angie/Frank whatever her name is has dug a hole so deep that no amount of smiling and makeup will fix this problem.
Walk the plank or face the music to a loathing crowd.

Don't Save Angie - feed her to the sharks.

^^ #1 Estelle >>

I think her behaviour has definitely changed since the nominations started for her. If she wasn't repeatedly nominated, I definitely think we'd be seeing a different Estelle - the opinionated, extroverted one.
She was probably holding back on her 'clown' side a bit when she came in so that there could be some serious debates and conversations, etc, but gave up when she realised she's the most disliked so she is just letting herself go instead.

I don't think she's being fake though. It would be way too exhausting to be in her position and be putting on a show week in week out. I just think it's how she's coping.

She is truly being herself you know.

We will see some relaxed moods from her this week without the stress of OMG I could be going in 3 days time.

What was the comments Angie was saying the other day about catching Stella talking to the cameras?
Was that just a bull**** statement to stir ****?

Estelle needs to stand up for herself and put Angie in the sandpit outside once and for all....or maybe destroy her Fluffy bunny rabbit.
Oh BB do it!! (or if you won't get Surly to do it, with Estelle she is perfect for it)

A perfect example was right after Michael nominated her. She starts crying about how Michael said everyone hated her. As soon as BB contradicted her by saying it didn't seem Michael was stating that, she immediately stopped crying and said she didn't take it that way....Um what?!

Estelle cried because Michael basically said that everyone hates her. Pretty normal reaction to hearing that a bunch of people that you like hate you. BB said 'I'm sure he didn't mean it in that way' to comfort her. And then she sobered up. Every other time Estelle has cried in the house it has been exactly in that way - pretend everything is okay, burst into tears, quickly recover, convince herself things are okay. This has been consistent since the beginning.

Outing myself as a massive supporter of Estelle: Yeah poor sausage. In my youf I had similar problems to Estelle. She behaves oddly, and she knows it, I think out of anxiety. The more anxious she gets the more inappropriate she will become. All those tears are little releases of the stress. They'll need to keep an eye on her.

yep its official lol, in last night's DS ben said to stacey that he thought this is just estelle being estelle. not acting.

yep its official lol, in last night's DS ben said to stacey that he thought this is just estelle being estelle. not acting.
Actually I was floored when Stacey said to Ben that she can't see the annoying parts of Estelle's personality that the other HM's keep bitching about. Either, they are finally being honest or a complete turn around for obvious reasons

Actually I was floored when Stacey said to Ben that she can't see the annoying parts of Estelle's personality that the other HM's keep bitching about. Either, they are finally being honest or a complete turn around for obvious reasons

Or that Stacey is unable to enunciate an original thought when in the presence of Ben, because she doesn't seem quite as forthcoming in defending Estelle's honour when not in his company.

Back