Skip to main content

Ed having fun

Poor Ed. He has seen all his friends leave and is scratching his head trying to figure out where it all went wrong. In previous seasons he would have just had to stay in the corner looking pretty, not involve himself in any controversial situations and steer clear of fauxmances and he would have walked off with the winners cheque. Now the game has changed and he sees that. Hence he is now at least pretending to like jade, even though I think she terrifies him. Rightly or wrongly he sees tim as the cause of the failure of his original gameplan. He can't relax and enjoy himself because he is scrambling, trying to outwit tim and simultaneously come up with a new gameplan. He is forcwd to form alliances with people he would avoid outside the house ie jade and milksops. He is very much out of his comfort zone and I can't help but feel sorry for him at this point of the game.

tumblr_mji94bHlKW1s7b29so1_r1_500.gif

Ok fun equals to me actual laughing, being in the moment and letting go for a minute, kind of being slightly surprised about what is happening but enjoying it without holding yourself back and sharing the emotion and with other humans present.

So: I do not count drunken behaviour, sniggering behind your hand, snide remarks, running around with a dog, and I don't really count when BB creates the situation on behalf of a housemate, in Ed's case banana Man and the Surley date.

Woah...you're a hard taskmaster. If that's the case, I've got to say, for me, Ben is the ONLY HM who has/had fun.

Woah...you're a hard taskmaster. If that's the case, I've got to say, for me, Ben is the ONLY HM who has/had fun.

Oh! Not meaning to be! Just meaning letting go of self consciousness which I don't see Ed doing (or Jade really) and woul love a few examples. Tim, Boog, Drew, Tahan all seem able to not care momentarily about looking like a goose, letting go and laughing at themselves and the situation they find themselves in and have helped to create.

Seems like ever since Tim & Eds marathon chat about Ed being an Idiot. Ed has relaxed a little for the moment. Eds main problem, he is jealous of Tims social skills, which he has non.

but Ed has a job.... and will have a job in the future....

Oh! Not meaning to be! Just meaning letting go of self consciousness which I don't see Ed doing (or Jade really) and woul love a few examples. Tim, Boog, Drew, Tahan all seem able to not care momentarily about looking like a goose, letting go and laughing at themselves and the situation they find themselves in and have helped to create.

I guess some people just have a harder time revealing themselves or don't do it consistently enough for it to be noticeable. The four HM's you mentioned are totally extroverted people who love the limelight. It's probably a good thing BB doesnt cast all these types as it would just end up being an ongoing fight for attention. It is good to have a balance of personalities. Sometimes, the quieter HM's might come off looking boring while the attention whores do their thing.

As far as Ed goes, I think he is extremely self-conscious, as he said about the ManDate task. He was really unsure of himself and thought he wouldn't be good at it or enjoy it. After it was over, he raved on and on about how much he loved it. I realise it was a set up task. He's just a quiet, reserved kind of a bloke...makes me wonder why he would even want to be on the show.

I guess some people just have a harder time revealing themselves or don't do it consistently enough for it to be noticeable. The four HM's you mentioned are totally extroverted people who love the limelight. It's probably a good thing BB doesnt cast all these types as it would just end up being an ongoing fight for attention. It is good to have a balance of personalities. Sometimes, the quieter HM's might come off looking boring while the attention whores do their thing.

As far as Ed goes, I think he is extremely self-conscious, as he said about the ManDate task. He was really unsure of himself and thought he wouldn't be good at it or enjoy it. After it was over, he raved on and on about how much he loved it. I realise it was a set up task. He's just a quiet, reserved kind of a bloke...makes me wonder why he would even want to be on the show.

Exactly - why is he on the show? Nothing against introverts. (I am one!). Ben is probably introverted. I enjoyed watching him. I think Drew is half/half. And I lurve him!!! Tim Brunero was probably an introvert and he was great (all those years ago). Ed may be somewhat of a casualty of this highly edited new version of BB. In the old days the introverts probably got a better deal bc the live feed was actually live 24/7 and was actually a feed. Even so, from what I can glean about Ed and with keeping an open mind as much as I can, he just seems very unsuited to the show and I just don't get his motivation unless it was purely for the $$$ and while that would be valid I think it would be a bit sad. The other hms I think are certainly interested in the $ but they seem to also have a broader appreciation of what the show is about and what they can bring to the show. (In my view!)

I don't buy the 'he's just an introvert' excuse. A lot of introverts can be very interesting. If he still can't loosen up after being in there for 70 days he has anxiety issues and doesn't know himself at all I reckon. Cos if he knew himself he never would have gone on the show.

Last edited:
I certainly have not seen it. Closest he has come is his drunk dancing where he goes from having zero fun up to a 2.5 out of ten. When he could grind on Matt it would go up to a 3.

As for a normal person having fun and enjoying life and the experience no.

I enjoyed reading the comments on this thread. Looks like he has been summed up from many angles. He & Jade both seem like serious young insects most of the time so maybe he needs someone fun, light hearted & entertaining like Tahan (whom he seems to have taken a shine to but has to be 'hands off' due to her non-single status & his morals are impeccable) to bring him out of himself a bit more. I just wish he improved his communication skills before going on the show as I have to concentrate super hard whenever he speaks to understand what he is trying to say. I wish I could counsel him & say "Slow down, finish off your words & sentences, enunciate properly & we might all have a chance of 'getting' what you are trying to communicate." Maybe it's a nervous thing when he is broaching subjects that are uncomfortable or just when he is talking to 'gels' as I am sure I have heard him a few times, when speaking to Tim, that he does a little better.

but Ed has a job.... and will have a job in the future....

Ever head of the Aussie DJ host doing a nudie run on Rihanna's tour plane? That was Tim. He had been travelling with Rihanna for part of her tour, and I think he's only a part time student.

Well I have to say from reading this thread that there doesn't seem to me to be all that much evidence that Ed is having much fun in the house.

Every now and then he accidentally has a couple of minutes of 'fun' but then he corrects himself...

Back