Skip to main content

Ed having fun

Ed only ever looks happy when someone agrees with his paranoid remarks about Tim

He actually sniggers like scooby doo with his hand covering his mouth while listening to gossip

I think we will begin to see a more placid ED now that he FINALLY confronted Tim and laid all his cards down only reveal an ultimately weak and losing hand. SO it finally came to nothing, all the bravado wasted and the realisation that he can't beat Tim. As much as this must be hurting the much deluded Ed it 'may' calm him down and help him focus on other things since even he must now see that 'taking down Tim' is a mere fantasy.

It often works this way in the wild (both in the jungle and in the workplace/school yard).
Once humbled by the dominant male, the formerly ambitious male will adopt a more conciliatory and submissive approach thus reinforcing the already established pride hierarchy. The ONLY circumstance that will embolden the ambitious male to once again take on the dominant male is if he manages to form a pack and mutiny. Ed won't be able to form a pack....his mates are gone, neither Jade or Mikkayla would be willing to go to all out war against Tim and Madeline is better suited to playing the small target game. I don't see it happening....as such this new 'fun' and 'relaxed' Ed is no surprise.

I'd LOVE be wrong though and see another bust up. YES ok I'm kinda sick ;)

What about when they were doing the ManDate challenge? Can't remember if he specifically had fun during that but I think that would be our best chance of finding an example.

Oh maybe when the guys were all trying to scare Ben that night when they slept together in the Gold Room?

I think Ed likes to have fun just not too much fun all at once. If it's controlled fun like during a task or set up by BB, it's usually fine.
Maybe he thinks a bit like like Jade..she told Ed and Nathan the other day during the rock,paper, scissor task that she likes to be good girl, not breaking the rules, and is teacher's pet..
Drew told Tim, when Tim asked how it was spending the time with Ed and Madaline during the task, that Ed was really fun and enjoyed building the fort outside to sleep in, and they were joking about worst dates etc but the next morning Ed was back to normal and talking about religion and stuff like that. Ed talks about religion and being Catholic a bit...

I think we will begin to see a more placid ED now that he FINALLY confronted Tim and laid all his cards down only reveal an ultimately weak and losing hand. SO it finally came to nothing, all the bravado wasted and the realisation that he can't beat Tim. As much as this must be hurting the much deluded Ed it 'may' calm him down and help him focus on other things since even he must now see that 'taking down Tim' is a mere fantasy.

It often works this way in the wild (both in the jungle and in the workplace/school yard).
Once humbled by the dominant male, the formerly ambitious male will adopt a more conciliatory and submissive approach thus reinforcing the already established pride hierarchy. The ONLY circumstance that will embolden the ambitious male to once again take on the dominant male is if he manages to form a pack and mutiny. Ed won't be able to form a pack....his mates are gone, neither Jade or Mikkayla would be willing to go to all out war against Tim and Madeline is better suited to playing the small target game. I don't see it happening....as such this new 'fun' and 'relaxed' Ed is no surprise.

I read this in a David Attenborough voice...

@smurette lol. So happy you made that connection :)
I grew up on wildlife docos on Saturdays mornings before going out to play

I just remembered when he was wearing the ninja outfit and snuck up on Tully and someone else in the kitchen and pretended to wisk them away.

Also, when he drinks he likes to dance, strip, and kiss girls in the water :)

I just remembered when he was wearing the ninja outfit and snuck up on Tully and someone else in the kitchen and pretended to wisk them away.

Also, when he drinks he likes to dance, strip, and kiss girls in the water :)

Yeah, that was a funny moment as the ninja.

He's had fun with Clooney. He's had fun with Matt and Caleb, he laughed at some of the things surly said, when he spoke to Ben on the phone he was happy but now he's just whiling the time away. All good friends have gone and now he has to hang out with Jade because it's better than being alone.

I don't know why he even managed to get more votes than Ben even after bens fans were complacent.

Define 'fun'?

I'd say Ed's having more fun after the lights go out than any of the others! Apart from Jade that is. ;-)

I think Tim will ultimately cause his own demise, with no help or hindrance from Ed or anyone else.

He ran around as Mr Super Banana or something thats the only thing I can this of him having fun.

Define 'fun'?

I'd say Ed's having more fun after the lights go out than any of the others! Apart from Jade that is. ;-)
Doubt he'd even think about touching Jade. I'd be very surprised if they've done anything under the covers.

I am really not a Ed fan, but to be fair, he probably does have fun, it's just that we won't be shown that footage. BB's storyline with him is the obsessive Tim hating and the boring ED line, so you won't see anything else, just as you won't see much else of Jade other than her Ed interactions.

I am really not a Ed fan, but to be fair, he probably does have fun, it's just that we won't be shown that footage. BB's storyline with him is the obsessive Tim hating and the boring ED line, so you won't see anything else, just as you won't see much else of Jade other than her Ed interactions.

The other HMs have said he's obsessed with Tim and talks about him all the time. If he was doing anything entertaining they'd show it at least on the website. They want to keep him in cos Jaded is the only romantic storyline happening.

The other HMs have said he's obsessed with Tim and talks about him all the time. If he was doing anything entertaining they'd show it at least on the website. They want to keep him in cos Jaded the only romantic storyline happening.

I was just about to say this. :)

Define 'fun'?

Ok fun equals to me actual laughing, being in the moment and letting go for a minute, kind of being slightly surprised about what is happening but enjoying it without holding yourself back and sharing the emotion and with other humans present.

So: I do not count drunken behaviour, sniggering behind your hand, snide remarks, running around with a dog, and I don't really count when BB creates the situation on behalf of a housemate, in Ed's case banana Man and the Surley date.

Back