Skip to main content

Doctor Who

WHOVIANS HAVE GREAT T-SHIRTS

DDMxyJbUwAAQVyX.jpg:large

I always keep an eye out for what t-shirts Rove and Adam are wearing.

I'm a total Rove convert now. I never really liked him much before, and when it was announced as the host of Whovians I had my doubts that he was even a real fan, but he's been brilliant. Adam is also hilarious, I knew he was a fan from a podcast I listen to. Tegan is also very funny. The only regulars who I feel contribute nothing are "Bajo" and the guy who does He Who Knows Who News.

I always keep an eye out for what t-shirts Rove and Adam are wearing.

I'm a total Rove convert now. I never really liked him much before, and when it was announced as the host of Whovians I had my doubts that he was even a real fan, but he's been brilliant. Adam is also hilarious, I knew he was a fan from a podcast I listen to. Tegan is also very funny. The only regulars who I feel contribute nothing are "Bajo" and the guy who does He Who Knows Who News.

...hahaha!... yet again I totally agree with all that you've said Meglos... I too never liked Rove much and thought 'Rove hosting Whovians?'... it'll never work... as if HE would be a fan?... and as you all know... I didn't like Adam much as I had never even heard of him before Whovians started but have grown to like him so much... I'd never even heard of Tegan Higginbottom before but now I'm kinda in love with her (in a fatherly way of course).... and Bajo and that other nuff nuff that you mentioned really do need to leave the show permanently... seriously... they really do... but yes... I do totally agree with you yet again Meglos lol!... cheers.

I don't mind bajo he does get enthusiastic and i like that.
tegan is actually starting to annoy me now, she is often rather um, well sorry but she is saying stupid stuff lately
Adam I have loved for years, he used to do Glasshouse and has always been very funny and quite bitchy
Rove - he has always been kind of crap at interviews, but I have seen him live and he is a very clever comic.
I also like that he produces a lot of good stuff, and i miss his show - as crap as it was at times, it was the last live nightime show likethat, we need something but snappier.
Also, respect for his first marriage and how he dealt with that tragedy.

Awesome review and extra comments Mr Sticky.

I do love most of Moffat's episodes, but I don't think he is as good a showrunner as Russell T Davies was.
Personality-wise, RTD is brilliant, he's very self-effacing and funny. Moffat, not so much, I think he is a little too wrapped up in his own self-importance. It also bugs me immensely that he was never fully committed to Doctor Who. He's always had this passion for his other shows that stood in the way of producing Doctor Who. They should never have allowed a "hiatus" while he went off and did other things. If he couldn't commit 100% to DW he should have been replaced earlier.

Creativity-wise, I think his alien races are all pretty much the same, like Star Trek aliens. They all seem to be variations on human with a twisted face, and mostly communicate silently or by hissing. I really miss a good old-fashion actual alien-looking monster like a Zygon or Silurian.

I've always felt that Moffat was better with the personal side of doctor who rather than the logical sci-fi side of it. By that I mean the interactions between the characters rather than those confusing season long jumbled plots.

(don't) Kill Bill.
I'm so worried that this can't be reversed. If Moffat leaves her condemned to live out her life as a Cyberman, even a GOOD one like the Brigadier, I'll be so pissed.

Bill still has a normal eye, with human tears - surely that means something, reversal still possible???????

Look at this
2057_c51-hero.jpg

Looks like DW................MELBOURNE OPEN HOUSE WEEKEND, JULY, YOU CAN LOOK INSIDE BUILDINGS
SUBSTATION 'J'
City of Melbourne | C51

Substation J is one of a number of electricity zone substations located in the Melbourne CBD. It was originally built to distribute electricity from the adjacent Spencer Street Power Station. Although the power station was demolished in 2007, Substation J continues to provide power to adjacent streets through four 22kV/6.6kV transformers. The power station has been replaced by Upper West Side residential apartments, however there are reminders of the former use of the site such as the control room, which was decommissioned in 1982 but remains largely intact, and the heritage-protected cast iron water tank, which was installed in 1927. This tank was part of a hydraulic power system that pumped pressurised water from the Yarra River through pipes to operate the CBD's lifts and wool presses. The former Spencer Street Power Station was believed to be linked to the Yarra River and other parts of the city by underground canals. One tunnel, built in 1915, ran from the Power Station all the way underneath Spencer Street down to the site now occupied by the Melbourne Aquarium.

For anyone interested, Sylvester McCoy is at Melbourne Comic Con this weekend.

Bill still has a normal eye, with human tears - surely that means something, reversal still possible???????

Look at this
2057_c51-hero.jpg

Looks like DW................MELBOURNE OPEN HOUSE WEEKEND, JULY, YOU CAN LOOK INSIDE BUILDINGS
SUBSTATION 'J'
City of Melbourne | C51

Substation J is one of a number of electricity zone substations located in the Melbourne CBD. It was originally built to distribute electricity from the adjacent Spencer Street Power Station. Although the power station was demolished in 2007, Substation J continues to provide power to adjacent streets through four 22kV/6.6kV transformers. The power station has been replaced by Upper West Side residential apartments, however there are reminders of the former use of the site such as the control room, which was decommissioned in 1982 but remains largely intact, and the heritage-protected cast iron water tank, which was installed in 1927. This tank was part of a hydraulic power system that pumped pressurised water from the Yarra River through pipes to operate the CBD's lifts and wool presses. The former Spencer Street Power Station was believed to be linked to the Yarra River and other parts of the city by underground canals. One tunnel, built in 1915, ran from the Power Station all the way underneath Spencer Street down to the site now occupied by the Melbourne Aquarium.

Interesting!

Reactions: kxk

Look at this
2057_c51-hero.jpg

SUBSTATION 'J'
City of Melbourne | C51

...that so reminds me of where I used to work... I worked for a Pharmaceutical company and it had it's own Chemical Plant on site when I first started there in the early 70's... when I used to go to the main Plant Room is was quite similar to that image in many ways... they pulled the Chemical plant down in the mid 80's so yeah... I've kinda seen that before and... it was sort of Doctor Whoish lol!... thanks for the memory flashback kxk... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I met him a few years ago at an Adelaide con, along with Colin Baker and Katy Manning, it was great.

...aw jeez!... I so envy you Meglos!... you lucky devil!... although... I wouldn't have enjoyed meeting Colin Baker... he was my worst Doctor ever!... lol!... cheers.

...aw jeez!... I so envy you Meglos!... you lucky devil!... although... I wouldn't have enjoyed meeting Colin Baker... he was my worst Doctor ever!... lol!... cheers.

He's my least favourite too, but I still enjoyed meeting him. He was larger than life, they all were really. I guess they play the character at these meet and greets too. They were all friendly and signed my program.

He's my least favourite too, but I still enjoyed meeting him. He was larger than life, they all were really. I guess they play the character at these meet and greets too. They were all friendly and signed my program.

...I would've cherished that moment too... seriously... lucky you!... cheers.

It is....can't wait, can't wait, can't wait day......every DW Saturday is like Christmas eve, especially finale eve.

Aren't we lucky humans, Whovians have an exciting in your head life, and I bet we all have that kid alive and well inside.

Oooo not long till we know - is Bill alive/saveable, Master/Missy/Doctor.......heaven help my heart - that is whole mother load of charisma, my screen might explode. And Nardole & Bill, happy landing I hope:)

It is....can't wait, can't wait, can't wait day......every DW Saturday is like Christmas eve, especially finale eve.

Aren't we lucky humans, Whovians have an exciting in your head life, and I bet we all have that kid alive and well inside.

Oooo not long till we know - is Bill alive/saveable, Master/Missy/Doctor.......heaven help my heart - that is whole mother load of charisma, my screen might explode. And Nardole & Bill, happy landing I hope:)

And now... how many weeks to Christmas?

Back