Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Lots of quite cool rumours

This is fact...

Chris Chibnall has "five-year" plan for Doctor Who – and it's risky and bold
Expect a big revamp in 2018.

In an interview with Television, the in-house magazine of the Royal Television Society, Chris teased that Doctor Who could get something of an overhaul under his watch.

"What the BBC was after was risk and boldness," he added – but ruled out killing the Doctor in episode 1, quipping: "Ha! Then the title would really make sense!"

Chibnall's friend and collaborator James Strong was also quoted in the piece as saying the work would be "a five-year project", so those rumours that Doctor Who is sticking around look to be true after all.

...this really is fantastic news kxk... thanks so much for posting it... knowing that it's being renewed for 5 more years in truly fantastic news for us all... I'm hoping that when he does his 'overhaul' that it doesn't include changing The Tardis from a Police Box into whatever or there will be trouble... but... I REALLY love it where he says that he's ruling out killing The Doctor... is he telling us that Capaldi is staying or is that just my wishful thinking again?... that's what it sounds like to me at least... if that's true then I will be one happy chappy believe me!... lol!... and the fact that China has picked up the series then I'm calling it now... Doctor Who will be going for a lot longer than the next 5 years believe me lol!... thanks again for posting this kxk... you've made my day sweetness!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
There are rumours that
will be back for the xmas episode, before Capaldi regenerates.

ooo what a lovely spoiler @Meglos

poor old Doctor needs some healing, seeing all of them doing well would be helpful, and so much fun for us, then we just need the new dude, to give us some Capt Jack & Dr Daughter love, and my soul can rest in peace:), these immortals dangling unresolved really pisses me off, and kill that bitch ME

...I love both of these posts too lol!... haha!... I just love the way that you think kxk!... lol!... cheers.

...so sorry Oddjob... I meant to respond to this post just after I posted mine but got side tracked my friend but anyway... getting back to your post... I'll just break your post down to enable me to comment... here goes...

Okay, I did really enjoy this last story.

Observation (not mine): Missy does remember some things from her time as the Master (such as to bring the dematerialization thingummy), so possibly she also remembered shooting herself in the back too - and was using protection.

...what a bloody brilliant concept that you've put up there my friend!... I love it!... yep!... she'd be smart enough to do that too lol!...

My secondary observation: Of course they're not going to kill off the Master/Missy. Like the Daleks, M- is just too big an asset to the show to ever just be finished with.

...yes I said the same thing too because lets face it... the ratings soar when Missy is on the show so why shoot themselves in the foot by removing her?...

My highly personal opionion: Gomez has been the best M- ever I reckon, the others have just been too straightforwardly evil. Missy's motives are always just out of reach.

...and that's why Michelle works so well in that role... she always leaves you wondering... wondering... wondering... lol!...

My out on a limb opinion: This year has had the best cast - Capaldi/Mackie/Lucas/Gomez - of any the reboot seasons.

...yes by far for sure... I've said the same too... so for that very reason I can't see how the show will lose Capaldi/Gomez/Mackie and Lucas all in one hit... why get rid of a winning formula just because Moffatt's leaving?... it's not like Moffatt owns the rights to their characters after all is it?...

My own observation: Bill's fate was a bit of a knock off of Clara's. Doctor left not knowing while she goes off exploring on her own Doctor like adventures with another woman.

...bingo!... I said exactly the same thing yet again!... that was such a cop out wasn't it?... 'Drippy'... bwahahahaha!... funny as!... lol!... that one part of the show spoiled what was up to then a perfect episode for me... seriously... what a limp-wristed cop out that was.... grrrrrrr!... so now we have Clara and Bill plus The Doctor's daughter all flitting around Space merrily doing whatever they want?... yeah... riiiight!...

My grumblings: The drippy girl still seemed a bit too drippy personality-wise to be a good travelling companion. However... she is apparently an intelligent living lubricant, so I may be wrong on that score. And Drippy whipping Bill out her cybersuit just like that after the Doctor was left umming and ahhing? Just saying.

...yep!... how piss poor is that?...why make Bill a Cyberman in the first place?... why not just have 'Drippy girl' just turn up during the story somewhere and just ask Bill if she wanted to spend the rest of her life with her?... give her the choice rather than have her HAVE to accept it rather than be a Cyberman?... it would've been at least a 'romantic' end to Bill's run rather than a forced necessity at least...

Moffat teasing us again: Barely paraphrasing here, but the Master makes some comment about woman taking over everything and the Doctor replies 'maybe it's about time'.

...yup!... for Michelle to regenerate in The Doctor's image... (have I mentioned that before?)... they say that they regenerate as a face that they've seen in the past don't they?... lol!)

Looking forward to: Christmas.

...amen to that my friend... amen to that lol!... at least we don't have to wait well over a year this time as Moffatt made us do lol!... cheers.

...I love both of these posts too lol!... haha!... I just love the way that you think kxk!... lol!... cheers.
DITTO:)

We are both clinging to Capaldi for dear life.....tho I now think my clinging is probably hopeless.....I wept quite a bit during this gorgeous performance.
Where there are tears - there is hope,:frown:......there is still this feeling they are being sneaky.....don't they usually do a reveal sooner rather than later?
I mean when Matt was leaving didn't they do a ta da....thing before the 50th? I don't recall the details of when the new Doctor is announced.

First empty Sunday..........
At the moment, keep an eye on op shops, I think I found the first dump from ABC shops closing.
A great big box of magnets, David Tennant era, going for $1, Bentleigh Salvos if you are in the area

13 will be revealed this Sunday after the Wimbledon Mens finals!! Which will probably be in the wee hours of Monday morning for us Aussies.

As for me, I'll be mid flight from Hawaii back to Melbourne before my trip to London on Tuesday.

I'm basically The Doctor crossing all these time zones so quickly! Haha

13 will be revealed this Sunday after the Wimbledon Mens finals!! Which will probably be in the wee hours of Monday morning for us Aussies.

As for me, I'll be mid flight from Hawaii back to Melbourne before my trip to London on Tuesday.

I'm basically The Doctor crossing all these time zones so quickly! Haha

Woo...Whoooooooooooooooooooooo. WOW, can't wait, thanks so much for posting this great news @inumeenu & @oddjob
Are there clues in there................
key, old companions have keys, so do all the doctors i guess
13, much is made of that sometimes spooky number......and power, I like number 13 myself & find it lucky not spooky

...I was cruising the Internet and came across this video on YouTube today of a performance by our beloved Peter Capaldi from 1984... he played George Harrison of all people in a BBC drama called 'John and Yoko'!... and... 8th Doctor Who Paul McGann's brother played John Lennon in it!... lol!... a double dose of two Doctor Whoish references in the one show... although... I'm quite amazed to read the reasons as to why Mark Mcgann was the 2nd choice for the role too... here is the blurb from the YouTube link itself and the video below... cheers.

"Published on Aug 6, 2013
Future "Doctor Who" star Peter Capaldi appeared as Beatle George Harrison in the 1985 NBC-TV drama "John and Yoko: A Love Story." This video includes all of Capaldi's scenes. John Lennon is played by Mark McGann, brother of Eighth Doctor Paul McGann. Yoko Ono is played by Kim Miyori, Paul McCartney by Kenneth Price, Ringo Starr by Phillip Walsh, and Brian Epstein by Richard Morant.

Mark McGann was the second choice for the John Lennon role in this film, after the actor originally cast, known as Mark Lindsay, revealed that his full name was Mark Lindsay Chapman, which was deemed too similar to that of Lennon's killer.

All copyrights are hereby acknowledged. This material is posted not for purposes of commercial sale, but for historical documentation and research. No infringement is intended but only fair use. It is hoped that these clips will raise greater interest in the release of this film on DVD in Region 1.

Occasional jitters in the image of this video are unfortunate artifacts of Windows Movie Maker."

Does anyone watch the tennis?
I do not - but my sis is a huge Federer fan, just asked her to phone me when the tennis endsO_O
Likely about 3.30/4am.....unless it is a dud match, then much earlier.

Anyway, if all goes well and she rings etc, will post in spoiler.

Does anyone watch the tennis?
I do not - but my sis is a huge Federer fan, just asked her to phone me when the tennis endsO_O
Likely about 3.30/4am.....unless it is a dud match, then much earlier.

Anyway, if all goes well and she rings etc, will post in spoiler.

I have a friend in the UK who is going to email me as soon as the announcement is made, I said I'd rather read it that way than see it on facebook or something in the morning. I'm not waiting up, but if I get up in the night I'll check my emails.

Wow, I'm actually a bit nervous, how weird :nailbiting:

I'll be surprised if it isn't a woman, start of a new era, exciting times :smuggrin:

But regardless, it's bye bye Peter :cry:

Back