Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Can't wait to watch again, and again most likely at 2am.

The hole in Bill, made me think of that odd Goldie Hawn/Meryl Streep movie, where they do anything to stay young, also has Bruce Willis.

It's open for interpretation isn't it? You could be right, but the way I read it was, the Doctor doesn't really think about differences between genders in the same way Missy doesn't see humans as anything but pets. So the Doctor *thinks* he was a man, but can't be sure. Maybe all Time Lords are gender fluid?

...that's a great theory too Meglos so it's one way or the other I guess?... lol!... cheers.

Awesome review and extra comments Mr Sticky.

I do love most of Moffat's episodes, but I don't think he is as good a showrunner as Russell T Davies was.
Personality-wise, RTD is brilliant, he's very self-effacing and funny. Moffat, not so much, I think he is a little too wrapped up in his own self-importance. It also bugs me immensely that he was never fully committed to Doctor Who. He's always had this passion for his other shows that stood in the way of producing Doctor Who. They should never have allowed a "hiatus" while he went off and did other things. If he couldn't commit 100% to DW he should have been replaced earlier.

Creativity-wise, I think his alien races are all pretty much the same, like Star Trek aliens. They all seem to be variations on human with a twisted face, and mostly communicate silently or by hissing. I really miss a good old-fashion actual alien-looking monster like a Zygon or Silurian.

Can't wait to watch again, and again most likely at 2am.

The hole in Bill, made me think of that odd Goldie Hawn/Meryl Streep movie, where they do anything to stay young, also has Bruce Willis.

...haha!... you mean like this kxk?... lol!... cheers.

Death-Becomes-Her.jpg

Reactions: kxk
Awesome review and extra comments Mr Sticky.

I do love most of Moffat's episodes, but I don't think he is as good a showrunner as Russell T Davies was.
Personality-wise, RTD is brilliant, he's very self-effacing and funny. Moffat, not so much, I think he is a little too wrapped up in his own self-importance. It also bugs me immensely that he was never fully committed to Doctor Who. He's always had this passion for his other shows that stood in the way of producing Doctor Who. They should never have allowed a "hiatus" while he went off and did other things. If he couldn't commit 100% to DW he should have been replaced earlier.

Creativity-wise, I think his alien races are all pretty much the same, like Star Trek aliens. They all seem to be variations on human with a twisted face, and mostly communicate silently or by hissing. I really miss a good old-fashion actual alien-looking monster like a Zygon or Silurian.

...there is not one thing that I disagree with in this post Meglos... what a brilliant post and I totally agree about Russell T Davis... what a brilliant man and what a brilliant writer... this post is so good that I feel as if I wrote this lol!... well said!... cheers.

2ND viewing, and I am on board for it being a big simulation, we are inside Missy's head - and she has to exorcise that devil Master Simms to be whole and good.
All that PAIN stuff is her pain????
And i think our dear Doctor has to fade into regen in order to sustain this HUGE journey/simulation/conversion.......
Maybe????

:peeking:.....does this look enough like a spraycan????
:peeking::peeking::peeking:....spraying my theory.....but this is half the fun of DW....sets your imagination on fire, mind whirls, bet DW stops Alzeimers:)

To add to the RTD and Moff comments, to me RTD is an optimist Moff is pessimist.
RTD has kept the kid inside alive, he is over the top fabulous, all colour, all magic, he is mardi gras, his enthusiasm was infectious
Moff is a miserable old man in comparison, he is friggin UK footy mean kind of guy, he probably likes Top Gear and macho stuff, and Russian literature, depressed is how he presents:)

2ND viewing, and I am on board for it being a big simulation, we are inside Missy's head - and she has to exorcise that devil Master Simms to be whole and good.
All that PAIN stuff is her pain????

And i think our dear Doctor has to fade into regen in order to sustain this HUGE journey/simulation/conversion.......
Maybe????

...yes I said that they are probably in a simulation in my post above too but wow!... what a great theory and reason for the appearance of John Simm's Master being in it!... you should be a script writer for the show kxk lol!... no water spray for you from me that's for sure... and yeah... that would explain his weirdo 'regeneration' too... well gone kxk!... I like it!... cheers.

Haha! High praise indeed.

...haha!... I didn't mean to make myself so sound so big-headed there Meglos... I didn't mean for it to sound like I was beating my own drum... but yes... it really was a great post my friend... it was like you had got into my head and had wrote word for word what I was thinking too lol!... cheers.

...haha!... I didn't mean to make myself so sound so big-headed there Meglos... I didn't mean for it to sound like I was beating my own drum... but yes... it really was a great post my friend... it was like you had got into my head and had wrote word for word what I was thinking too lol!... cheers.

I didn't think it was big-headed, don't worry. It's a great thing when people can share their opinions on our favourite shows, and the best thing is that people on here actually have intelligent thoughts and theories, and no one ever shuts anyone down for having a different opinion. Thanks for complimenting my post, it means a lot.

To add to the RTD and Moff comments, to me RTD is an optimist Moff is pessimist.
RTD has kept the kid inside alive, he is over the top fabulous, all colour, all magic, he is mardi gras, his enthusiasm was infectious
Moff is a miserable old man in comparison, he is friggin UK footy mean kind of guy, he probably likes Top Gear and macho stuff, and Russian literature, depressed is how he presents:)

...hahahaha!... another great summation of them both kxk!... that is so spot on too in every descriptive manner lol!... that really is true about RTD keep the kid inside ourselves alive... he really did didn't he?... and yes... calling The Moff a miserable old man was also so spot on too... he's such a misery guts isn't he?... lol!... cheers.

I didn't think it was big-headed, don't worry. It's a great thing when people can share their opinions on our favourite shows, and the best thing is that people on here actually have intelligent thoughts and theories, and no one ever shuts anyone down for having a different opinion. Thanks for complimenting my post, it means a lot.

...it was my pleasure Meglos... full credit where it's due my friend... and yes that's what I love about this thread in particular... I don't recall ANYONE within it's 330 pages EVER having insulted or talked anyone down at anytime whatsoever in this thread... you very rarely get that in any forums anywhere else I can tell you... I've been an Administrator on 3 websites before now so I know lol!... but yeah... I so love participating in the thread the most... it's my favourite for being that way... it's like a cosy retreat for friends to sit around and quietly discuss all things to do with Doctor Who without egos being in play isn't it?... it almost like friends meeting at a Coffee House but minus the Coffee's lol!... cheers.

...haha!... what a bloody great video there Meglos... thanks for that...I sure hope that Pearl really isn't leaving the show... she definitely needs to stay and as kxk and I have both said...let's hope that it is all just a simulation and that Bill's safe after all?... and as I said earlier... kxk's theory about all of this being in Missy's head would explain quite a few things such as... why Bill was shot for no reason by the Blue 'Smurf' and had a bloody great hole in her and then was turned into a Mondassian Cyberman ... and... Missy would get pleasure from that wouldn't she?... and also explain as to why The Doctor never got the shits with the Blue 'Smurf' for shooting Bill either wouldn't it?... it would explain his lack of emotions for Bill as well as The Doctor finally calling Missy his 'friend' at last wouldn't it?... that is such a great theory about it all being inside Missy's head kxk... well done!... cheers.

Well said @Mr Stickyfingers .....my favourite thread too, and of course Doctor fans are the best kind of civilized people")
It would be sacrilege to desecrate a Doctor thread with anything but enthusiastic viewing and love:).............so we come here, spreading love and enthusiasm....maybe if everyone watched DW we could bring about world peace, tee hee:)

Well said @Mr Stickyfingers .....my favourite thread too, and of course Doctor fans are the best kind of civilized people")
It would be sacrilege to desecrate a Doctor thread with anything but enthusiastic viewing and love:).............so we come here, spreading love and enthusiasm....maybe if everyone watched DW we could bring about world peace, tee hee:)

...haha!... that sounds awesome kxk!... we should give it a go lol!...

Ooo you are expanding.....and that makes sense too @Mr Stickyfingers .....could Nardole's, "look emotion, he's doing emotion"....be a clue it is simulated emotion????

...yes well your theory sounded so sound and so grounded that it answered so many questions that's why... well done you!... and... that would also explain Nardole's comment too wouldn't it?... well spotted... putting it all together is filling in a lot of storyline plots at the moment eh?... cheers.

Back