Skip to main content

Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 136 86.6%

• Total voters

Crush Ad

Whats your thoughts?

I kinda see it from last years point. Tahan and Tim in the early weeks always got high number of nomination points from the group. If the power of evicting a housemate was implemented last year, they would both have been evicted (based on the high number of points they got).

This year they will basically evict the HMs who bring the most drama ( = entertainment) from the house to have a peaceful enjoyable stay and experience, which is NOT what I, personally, would like as a viewer to watch. It would also evict the underdogs as well.

No
Hopefully that only lasts for 1 week, and then we get to choose who to evict out of the pairs, maybe vote using that free poll on the 'Your Power' page on OS, or even re-open the voting lines, for a short time.

I think the pairs will maybe only last for 2-3 weeks, and then it will be singles

Worst idea possible.

Even without live feed updates, I would've been tempted to vote if not for this horseshit. NO HOPE NOW

Think about it people... you're spending $ to vote only for these wackadoos to STILL have the final say on who goes home

Insulting, disgusting, Alex and Ch 9 should be ashamed of themselves

our money means nothing with this setup and I honestly hope - despite some skirmishes over the past year with some posters - that no one on here is silly enough to give them a cent. I'd love to see y'all waste some cash but not like this.

I don't like it either. I mean, it's obviously only going to be for the first few weeks until the pairs are split and each HM becomes singular again, but it's still going to be very interesting seeing what happens when it comes to how the HM's will go about evicting someone. Will they be tactical, or will they be predictable and vote in majority for the same person?

While it is true that we still get to vote for the couple/s we want to keep in, Alex claimed that the Vote To Save power will never be taken away from the public as long as he is in charge of the show, however this new twist actually disputes that. Ultimately, our decision to vote for who we want to get rid of has now been indefinitely taken away while this twist is in effect. By having the HM's choose one half of the pair to leave themselves (face-to-face, mind you) they are ultimately Voting To Evict anyway, therefore we will potentially lose characters that we, as the public, don't want gone yet.

They already tried this during the first few weeks of BB08 and it just didn't work. I'm honestly not sure why Alex and Co decided it'd be a good idea to try it again. At least the bright side is that it most likely won't be around for too long.

Yes, I like it. Simply for something different. Makes it more Survivor like. Mix it up a little.
It's not Survivorish at all when they ask us to spend our $ to determine who's in the bottom and then the HMs decide! If it were simply a case of let the HMs decide with no outside interference then ok, that could compare to Survivor. That's world's away from what's happening here.

Will they be tactical, or will they be predictable and vote in majority for the same person?

We all know how it's going to turn out. The housemates will be like sheep and go with the majority. It would be too easy for them to give in and not get singled out as an outsider from the way they vote. Priya would even give in with what we have seen with her decisions with Katie.

= boring viewing and predictable outcome.

If it wasn't face to face and votes kept private maybe the housemates would be truthful. Oh wait they are going to have to evict in pairs as well so everyone will have to make a compromise.

Either way, face to face or not, it is still a crummy idea and not how Big Brother Australia should be played.

In this case yes, and presumably they'll do it in pairs too. On the other hand though it seems to be an indication that the pairs twist is ending - I'd rather the first pair got evicted outright and then this twist came in for the second eviction.

It's not the first time it's happened in Australia too - for the first few weeks of BB08 the viewers nominated and the HMs evicted.

Hell no, it will end up totally boring as the housemates get rid of the people that irritate/annoy/aggravate/etc them, so we're going to end up with the most boring housemates left with them having boring conversations and being very careful to be nice to everyone so they don't get evicted next, and then ratings will slump and the show will get discontinued.

Bad move.

Heck think about it, if they did this last year Tim/Tahan/Tully would have likely all gone in the first few weeks.

Hell no, it will end up totally boring as the housemates get rid of the people that irritate/annoy/aggravate/etc them, so we're going to end up with the most boring housemates left with them having boring conversations and being very careful to be nice to everyone so they don't get evicted next, and then ratings will slump and the show will get discontinued.

Bad move.

Heck think about it, if they did this last year Tim/Tahan/Tully would have likely all gone in the first few weeks.

i said that in the first post haha.. poor choice PRODUCER ALEX!!!

I don’t think it is that cut and dry this year. HMs are being about more open about strategy and the game itself seems no longer a taboo topic; so they won’t have any qualms about “evicting” based on stately, look at Prias discussions with Kate for example.

I think it's stupid, and really ugly. Imagine being put up first, with a high nomination count, chosen by the public as the couple they'd least like to support via lack of save numbers, and then booted as an individual as the member of the couple the house least wants in. Painful.

A week would do me in there. A taste of the BB experience would be enough, check out the house. They all deserve every cent they earn and win. Name should be changed to "Get me outta here I am a sane person"......seriously.

I get the feeling we may be about to be shafted again on this one.

During the noms, it was clearly pushed to us that everyone was nominating Jake and Gemma to get rid of Gemma. And Sandra and David because they want David gone; etc. Theoretically the public votes to save every pair *but* Jake and Gemma, presuming because the noms were all "yeah, sorry Jake, collateral damage", Gemma will be the one the housemates pick when it comes time to separate the pair.

And whacko, double backflip time - the housemates also smell a rat, and "instantly" (on our screens anyway); Jake gets the flip. Because "tactics". It will be a mass, telepathic realisation for the HM's; and we'll never get to see why Jake has either fallen out of their favours, or Gemma has redeemed herself to them to cause the shift. And so the public don't get what they thought they were voting for.

Producer speak for this scenario is "GREAT TV!"; viewer speak is "yeah, don't waste money on votes because we know we're powerless afterall".

So to answer the original question: nope, don't like it at all.

Back