Skip to main content

Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 136 86.6%

• Total voters
But, I always think there is an element of playing the game where people want to pretend they are not. Although there is a strat of keeping people who'll keep you in.

I still stand by we just have to wait and see. They may not.

I hope you are right. I just don't want to see the house filled up with boring housemates in the final weeks.

No I don't like it. The power to evict should only be in the hands of the public. What I see happening is the annoying one out of the lowest scoring pair will get booted, when this one is the most entertaining and should be in the house.

The way they SHOULD do it is to evict both members of the pair, but then both of the evictees are put back into lockdown. The public does an online poll as to who should be put back into the house, and this housemate is then put back into the house just before nominations and is given the nominations superpower.

Absolutely not! do the housemates know yet? I think when they find out they're all going to play nice and suck ups to each other and it will make for very bland viewing.

We all know that it's usually the entertaining ones that annoy people the most in the house.

With this system the slack-jawed Travis will stay in for a very long time ! ergh the way he speaks drives me nuts!!

I don't like it. We as viewers should choose who is evicted. I highly doubt I'll be voting at all this year but people who do vote should get to choose. Otherwise, what's the point in voting? I don't mind if they do this for one week, but on principle, it shouldn't be like this. It's supposed to be interactive.

Also, since BB isn't based on talent or anything, just your personality (how much people want to watch you), the audience should decide who stays and who goes because we're the ones watching.

I mentioned in another thread that without live feeds of ANY kind, we're only one more change away from needing to run the show concurrently with broadcasting it. IE, the public vote, much like BB USA.

If the present eviction format remains this way during this season of BBAU, I'm all but convinced this is where we're heading by stealth. This is another half-step in that direction.

No, because it directly subverts the whole philosophy that vote-to-save protects "big personalities" because it's almost guaranteed that the housemates will be sending home the boat-rockers and keeping the pot-plants.

It’s early days so I don’t mind so much that the HMs get to choose – that is, assuming that it’s only a once-off. I remember it happening in previous seasons, including BB 03 when the housemates voted to evict Jamie when they did the housemate swap (square house / round house).

I think I’m more disappointed about the lack of promotion and general awareness that it is the HMs who are evicting. If you didn’t catch Sunday’s episode where Sonia mentioned it, and are not on social media, you may not even be aware that this is the case.

On the ads currently running Mike Goldman clearly states “vote to save your favourite pair”. On the website Terms and Conditions (FAQ) it also points to saving a pair. Even in Mike’s most recent podcast when Tim mentioned the housemates deciding, Mike pulls him up saying something along the lines of...“are we OK to reveal that?” It just seems a bit dodgy. So for me it’s not so much about who gets the final say, but more about the transparency of the process. I’m not voting, but there are potentially many people not realising how it works, and therefore spending money they would not otherwise have parted with.

It's not fair its up to the HMs to evict, its up to us, it always has been and it always should be.
We are the mugs out here spending money to evict or save ppl. Who's to say Gemma wouldn't get saved yet the HMS evict her? Leave the friggen format alone. I'm a bit disillusioned again this year for the same same approach they have to HM selection. The mix was better last year.

It's not fair its up to the HMs to evict, its up to us, it always has been and it always should be.
We are the mugs out here spending money to evict or save ppl. Who's to say Gemma wouldn't get saved yet the HMS evict her? Leave the friggen format alone. I'm a bit disillusioned again this year for the same same approach they have to HM selection. The mix was better last year.

Yep – I agree, Noxious. When I say I don’t mind, it’s more that I don’t feel invested in the housemates yet. Sad but true. I’m also trying to see the positive and hence the reference to previous seasons - it’s been done before (in some form) and we still enjoyed the show…so rose coloured glasses and all that lol. :)

The fact that people are spending money is what I don’t support. If the housemates choose – so be it. But don’t let the public think they actually have some sort of a say.

I do like the concept that the housemates choose to evict but as everyone points out, the public voting system is in conflict.

I've just been re-watching this week's episodes and does anyone else think that the pairs task challenge thing was meant to be "the point" of the whole pairs twist in the first place, which means they'll be made individual HM's after Tuesday's eviction?

This is crazy... if they vote strategically, they will leave the worst possible people in the house.

Housemates will be evicted because they are entertaining, or keep the show alive, or are perceived by by the other housemates as someone who could be well liked on the outside.

This years producers seriously need a few of us on the payroll so that we can explain Big Brother to them.

I've just been re-watching this week's episodes and does anyone else think that the pairs task challenge thing was meant to be "the point" of the whole pairs twist in the first place, which means they'll be made individual HM's after Tuesday's eviction?

Hopefully that's all it was about, yes... the pairs thing doesn't have any long term viability, and it would get more problematic as the series progresses.

It's a horrible idea, it will become like our stupid U.S. version which this year all the people who were well liked by the public got voted out and we got stuck with the boring and hated HGs. I mean now I'm like eh I could care less who wins, our version ends next week. If U.S. let the public vote it would be such a completely different ending.

I'm beginning to wonder if Alex and Allison are related in some way...hahahahaha.

Also, since BB isn't based on talent or anything, just your personality (how much people want to watch you), the audience should decide who stays and who goes because we're the ones watching.
To be fair though, this season gives us even less than before with which to make that decision.
Also I personally would like to see a few evictions that are NOT influenced by who has the biggest cyber fanbase or the biggest teenybopper fan base.

I don't know whats more ethically unsound - Tim coming in with the ability to choose HoH (when he knows jake on the outside) or the fact that the eviction process has completely done a 180 and the housemates can choose one person from the pair to evict. I feel like this is a ploy to have jake remain in the house..i think BB already has a winner picked and they are going to unabashedly change the process in anyway possible to maintain that.​

I keep thinking in the back of my mind that maybe, just maybe, the person the housemates choose to evict won't be evicted at all.
It'll be fake and they'll go right back in again once they all stop slapping themselves on the back and rejoicing over getting rid of someone they didn't like. :D Now THAT would be a twist worth watching!!

Sorry if it was mentioned earlier. At work and can't read the whole thread. Shhhhhh....

Back