Skip to main content

Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 136 86.6%

• Total voters
I understand it within the context of "pairs" but no. But don't care because I'm not voting at all this season.
I've been tempted to vote a few times over the last two seasons but I agree that I won't be doing it again this year. Not only because I don't agree with the voting system, but I just have no connection or motivation to want to save anyone because I still feel like I don't know any of them yet at all. Terrible.

Hate it, imagine if this was put in place last year, Tim would have been long gone.

I doubt any of them will evict strategic, especially face to face, it will be an unfair popularity contest amongst the housemates.

Hate it! I would normally get suckered in and send a few saves but with the housemates having the ultimate say, no way would I vote. Its not up to us its up to the house, and if they should leave anything alone its the audience having the ultimate power. I hope this stupid gimmick gets scrapped soon (as in next eviction).

I just read the voting faq on jumpin and it says the first week of voting is different from nomination weeks 2-9. It also says the first week a pair will be evicted but after that it will just be single housemates.

Does not say the housemates are voting anyone out. First round of voting closes Monday and the pair with most saves will be saved that night during 'the weekly save show', the other three pairs voting opens up again until Tuesday night.

Question: Do you like the fact that the HMs choose whom to evict?

Answer:

giphy.gif

Who goes? You They decide.

I don't think it really matters. The public is a bit deluded if they think they have control over how the game goes anyway. Yes, they do vote but the way we see the hm's is completely controlled in the editing suite of the studio. If the BB powers that be want us to dislike a hm then that is the way it gets edited. If they want us to think someone is a sweetie pie then that's what we see. The whole show is just a huge public manipulation exercise. Admit it, we all know it!

Is this the "twist" Alex was referring to early on in evictions? It kind of gives the impression it won't be hanging around for long (which is good)

Will the voting structure stay the same? (bbbelle)
Vote to save is the best thing ever and so long as I have any say in it will always be the mechanic. Having said that, stand by for an early season twist on this.

I just read the voting faq on jumpin and it says the first week of voting is different from nomination weeks 2-9. It also says the first week a pair will be evicted but after that it will just be single housemates.

Does not say the housemates are voting anyone out. First round of voting closes Monday and the pair with most saves will be saved that night during 'the weekly save show', the other three pairs voting opens up again until Tuesday night.
Well, the OS confirms that the HM's will be voting to evict this week:

The first round of Nominations is in and four Pairs are up for Eviction. Now it's time to go and Vote to Save your favourite pair!

Two heads will be on the block.
BUT one Housemate will STAY.
And one Housemate will GO.

One member of the Pair with the LEAST votes will go and one will stay… and it is the Housemates who will decide!

They have NO idea what is in store… and the only thing that’s guaranteed is that there will be fireworks!

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-10/vote-now/

If they stick in pairs I can't see being invested enough to vote anyway, given that there is pretty much one in every pair I wouldn't want to stay.
This is also true for housemates who at the moment are conflicted with nominating because they don't want the person they like to be caught up in it - now they know they can just vote them out anyway pretty much.
We'd have been watching Caleb and the like all season last year if this fricken happened. Bleurgh.

No,no,no! Having the house mates decide is way too much like BBUSA, which has gotten boring, predictable and mean spirited. It's all about strategy and too many wonderful HMs get kicked off too early.

Bad idea. One of those they desperately think up to make it more entertaining, to spice things up - and to distract from the fact that BB isn't the social experiment it had once been, but a very edited show that tries hard to manipulate its viewers. But I'm sure the voting numbers will make them realise it's an idea better to be dropped...

I'm kind of interested to see how it goes, but I'm not happy or excited about it, nor do I feel like it's "refreshing" or whatever considering it's already been done, albeit slightly different.

I think the biggest issue I have with it, aside from the obvious seizing of our final say, is the face to face voting aspect, but then I have very serious issues with face to face nominations on the whole.

I think he's quite popular with the majority of the hms in there.
As I said he is a big threat. And when they nominated Travis/Cat they pointed HIM out rather than Cat.

Seriously, between Travis and Cat, isn't the game easier without him? Everyone would think competing with Cat is a piece of cake. So, even if they like him (or not) they'd vote him out on strategic purposes.

Back