Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Interesting. But I cannot see Putin ceding any territory to China without a fight. He already appears weak. This would be the end of him (we should be so lucky).
His troops are already weak in the world's eyes from failing in Ukraine. China is so much bigger, stronger & unified just through its vast numbers & lack of anything non harmonious

Interesting. But I cannot see Putin ceding any territory to China without a fight. He already appears weak. This would be the end of him (we should be so lucky).
…lol!… the thing is… Putin may have no choice in the matter… (or whoever takes Putin’s job)… they’ll have no money and no troops to defend Russia… Xi Jinping would be stupid if China didn’t take the opportunity to regain their territory… plus the potential possibility of gaining much needed raw materials/oil and minerals in the re-taking of the land… China is going through an economic slump at the moment… their population are starting to grumble about it… invading Russia would be a godsend to them methinks… besides… most of those people on that land are of Chinese origin… not Russian… Xi Jinping would be a hero to his people for reuniting Chinese people back to the protective fold of China… he has so much to gain by doing it… besides… the rest of the World won’t do a thing to stop him doing it… if anything… they will think of it as Putin getting his just desserts lol!… but I will feel for the poor Russian civilians though… all because of Putin and his overinflated ego… cheers.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF - Judge Judy Eye Roll Eye Rolling ...

This is a really good article about Russia's war on Ukraine, well worth a read.

Excerpt:

Putin did not invade Ukraine to gain territory. He invaded because he rejects the idea of an independent Ukrainian state or a Ukrainian ethnicity. He attacked because he refuses to tolerate a government in Kyiv that is not under de facto Russian control. He has built these ideas deeply into his ideology and will not remove them. Putin will never stop trying to regain control of Ukraine by one means or another.

It's really not, that's just a right-wing, pro-war neo-con think tank website.

We all know how the war will end. It will be negotiated, something like the already negotiated Minsk agreement will be the outcome. It's preferable to nuclear war. You may not like it, you don't have to, but that is how it will end. That is the reality we live in. It already could have ended, if not for groups like the AEI who fund that website.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/American_Enterprise_Institute

It's really not, that's just a right-wing, pro-war neo-con think tank website.
Oh, ugh. 😰

Still, I agree with the premise that Putin won't back down. Being beaten by piddly little Ukraine would be a massive humiliation that he cannot stomach. He needs to be decisively defeated. I hope the West can pour in enough resources to achieve that. As the article notes, even if they made some agreement to "end" the war, it won't be the end.

Being beaten by piddly little Ukraine would be a massive humiliation that he cannot stomach. He needs to be decisively defeated. I hope the West can pour in enough resources to achieve that.

Piddly Ukraine, beating Putin with western resources. There's a contradiction in that.

At what point is that just Russia versus Ukraine and not the West versus Russia?

Piddly Ukraine, beating Putin with western resources. There's a contradiction in that.

At what point is that just Russia versus Ukraine and not the West versus Russia?

My point is Putin clearly thought Zelenskyy would be a pushover, and underestimated his - and the West's - response. But because he's one of those bullshit alpha macho guys he can't handle backing down and being seen as weak. The West is wise to funnel support rather than start something bigger by directly intervening. That would be incredibly stupid. But sitting around a table isn't going to achieve anything in the medium or long term.

My point is Putin clearly thought Zelenskyy would be a pushover, and underestimated his - and the West's - response. But because he's one of those bullshit alpha macho guys he can't handle backing down and being seen as weak. The West is wise to funnel support rather than start something bigger by directly intervening. That would be incredibly stupid. But sitting around a table isn't going to achieve anything in the medium or long term.

…because my answer is going to be so big I’ll have to break this down to a few parts… PART 1:

…for what it’s worth… here is my opinion… it may not be the right one but here it goes anyway…

…the Ukraines will win this War within the next 6 -12 months without going to the negotiation table for Peace talks… my reason for saying that?… the Ukraines know that they have the Russians on the hop and are retreating or surrendering in droves and are also running out of ammunition too… so why do they need to negotiate?…

…the Russians do not have much armoury or weapons in general left let alone ammunition… what are the Russians going to do?…. throw rocks at them?… the Russians need to hold onto SOME ballistic missiles and rockets to defend Russia from invasion itself… (from China most likely lol!)… so the missile attacks on the Ukraine will slowly be stopping altogether so all the Ukrainians need to do is continue to bunker down until then…

…the majority of the Russian troops do not have Winter uniforms so they will either get frostbite or freeze to death in ill made tents made out of Cling wrap wrapped around 4-5 trees which are supposed to protect them from the snow… they hardly have any food… no Medical assistance and no superior Officers to guide them or train them… plus they are always under continuous attack from the Ukranians… not to mention that if they surrender they are guaranteed warm food … warm clothing… warm beds and access phone calls to their loved ones back home… and… they are going to be treated with dignity if they choose to surrender… so why wouldn’t they surrender?…

…most of them are fighting PUTIN’S War… not THEIR’S… so why will they carry on dying for him?… let’s face it… they have been sent PLASTIC workers hard hats that you see on building sites that have been covered in camouflaged cloth to use as helmets and supposed bullet proof vests minus the actual metal plates in them to protect them from bullets… if they do get any training at all… it’s with gun shaped wooden sticks instead of actual guns… some newly conscripted solders are being sent to the battlefield without guns at all… they are being told to charge at the Ukrainian soldiers and just keep running until one of their Russian soldiers is killed and then grab the dead soldiers gun and start firing!… ffs!… how pathetically sad is that?…

…the end of PART 1… cheers.

PART 2:

…the United States and their allies are in the process of finally bringing Russia to its knees without losing a single citizen of their own (officially that is… some are mercenaries fighting for the Ukraine)… they’ve all realised that ‘Russia’s mighty War Machine’ isn’t the mighty military force that Russia has always made it out to be… they’ve realised that when Russia have had their ‘May day’ parade that it was all for show… to build up the bullshit legendary ‘power’ that the Russian military had… the Ukrainians have completely destroyed 2 of their Navy flagships and made them move their ‘mighty Navy Fleet’ to other places for fear of further attacks lol!…so much for ‘mighty Russia’…

…the money that Russia has supposed to have been (billions) spending on updating their weapons and soldiers etc has been systematically syphoned off by corrupt officials and has been going into their own greedy pockets… (the conscripts are using rifles from World War 1 and 2)… so a whole lot of their military equipment is either out dated or rusted through… pathetic!… so for all these years the Russians have been living a complete fabricated lie about their ‘Military might’… now… the Russians would be lucky to have the ‘military might’ of a country like Luxembourg or Iceland as it stands now… it was all propaganda lies…

…the Russian economy is about to completely collapse within the next couple of months because of massive sanctions imposed by the Western economies… sanctions on their Gas and Oil etc has devastated the country… it will take them about at least 20 years to build up their ‘legendary milItary might’ again once Putin is disposed of… Civil War will erupt in Russia once the Ukraine War is over…some of Ramzan Kadyrov’s Chechan forces are already changing sides and are fighting against Russia… so why would they stop there?… Russia will be in complete turmoil… there will be lots of Ethnic cleansing happening from within…

…it wouldn’t surprise me if that Russian leader that is in prison that they tried to poison (I can’t remember his name) is the one that replaces Putin… it wouldn’t surprise me if Russia becomes a Westernised Democracy and not a Communistic country after this lol!…

…end of PART 2… cheers.

PART 3:

…as I’ve stated before… the United States and it’s allies have everything to gain by watching the Ukraine completely rout and destroy the Russian army without spilling the blood of their own citizens… it’s a dream come true for them… they might pretend on the World stage that they want to negotiate for peace but secretly they want to see the end of Russia altogether… at least… the end of Putin and his lies within his ‘Russian Empire’… that’s why they are so invested in money and military aid etc for the Ukraine…

…as I’ve said in a previous post before… it won’t surprise me if China take the opportunity to invade Russia after it’s all over to get their long lost lands back from yesteryear… they’d be foolish not to… Xi Ping sees Putin as being weak and has no respect for him after watching Putin come to him with his cap in hand for assistance after a couple of months into the war… besides… China’s economy is going to shit too… all of the resources that they need to improve their economy are just across a landlocked boarder… too easy… Russia has nothing left in their arsenal to resist them doing it… I seriously doubt that China will continue their determination to take Taiwan because their economy would not be able to deal with economic sanctions like has happened to Russia… besides… they would have to deal with the United States and their allies too… hence more reason to invade Russia… again… nobody will care… so much less hassle involved…

…China has been carrying on about getting Taiwan back… but that involves an amphibian crossing just like on D-day in WWII and Taiwan have more than enough defences to protect themselves with the United States and its allies help… (as I’ve mentioned in a post before)… so it makes complete sense for China to invade Russia… after all… who is going to help Russia to stop them?…

…another thing… once Russia is reduced to nothing… the United States and it’s allies will only have to deal with one major Communist country in the future (North Korea is all bullshit about it’s military power… just like Russia)…

…it makes me laugh that until a few months ago that when Russia used to speak about major Worldwide issues everyone used to say “ooh!… because of Russia’s so-called ‘legendary military might’… we better listen to them! “ now it’s… “yeah! yeah!… WHATEVA!”… nobody gives a shit what Russia thinks now lol!… when Putin mentions using Nuclear weapons we know that one man can’t put his hand on the red button to launch them… (that only happens in movies lol!)… it takes several people to launch them… there’s no way that his ‘Inner Circle’ or endless amount of Generals would allow that… again… all lies and bluster…

…anyway… GO UKRAINE!… (the little Mouse that roared)… my hat goes off to you (plus your allies)… NEVER GIVE UP!… well that’s my 2 cents worth… many might disagree with me… but there!… I’ve said it… cheers.

…wow!… China’s economy really is going to shit… ha!… watch out Russia… China might be invading you soon lol!… Putin… are you shitting your pants yet?… lol!… cheers.

…I never realised before just how important it was for Putin for Sweden and Finland not to join Nato… basically it boils down to the fact that his Navy will be completely screwed when they do join… these videos will explain… the first one is best… it explains what Finland alone could do to Russia… I found them fascinating… especially the first one… at the 14:00 minute mark it becomes quite amazing what it means for Nato… at the 17:00 minute mark it is amazing too… it talks about the Kola Peninsula in Russia itself… Putin… your Navy is screwed mate… cheers.

I’m just curious… I know that Australia is pretty pro-union/labour but is there still an anti-union/labour movement like we have in Canada/much of the world?

I’m just curious… I know that Australia is pretty pro-union/labour but is there still an anti-union/labour movement like we have in Canada/much of the world?

…this might not be the correct answer that you are looking for Kingston… (others may be able to give you a true perspective)… so this is my take on it… it may be incorrect but this is what I think… the Liberal Party with Scott Morrison as its leader (that was defeated in the last election)… always seemed geared for backing the business sector of Australia rather than towards the workers of the country as far as I’m concerned… the new leader Albanese with the Labour Party seems to want to please both sectors so it will probably be a bit fairer towards most workers… (hopefully)… I’m sure that others will totally disagree with me but as a person that usually doesn’t dabble in politics nowadays I can only offer my take on it… I hope that someone else can offer you a better explanation… cheers.

…this might not be the correct answer that you are looking for Kingston… (others may be able to give you a true perspective)… so this is my take on it… it may be incorrect but this is what I think… the Liberal Party with Scott Morrison as its leader (that was defeated in the last election)… always seemed geared for backing the business sector of Australia rather than towards the workers of the country as far as I’m concerned… the new leader Albanese with the Labour Party seems to want to please both sectors so it will probably be a bit fairer towards most workers… (hopefully)… I’m sure that others will totally disagree with me but as a person that usually doesn’t dabble in politics nowadays I can only offer my take on it… I hope that someone else can offer you a better explanation… cheers.
Thanks. What I meant was is there a movement in Australia to undermine workers rights to unionize or to undermine a union’s negotiating power? Like recently in Canada one of our Premiers used a provision in our Constitution to strip the right to strike away from education workers and force them to accept a contract they never would have agreed to otherwise.

Back