Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Yep that's what I'm watching. I see you still have First Past the Post voting. I'm so sorry. That really sucks.
IKR? Justin Trudeau was supposed to change that but backed away after he was elected. Provincial politics is separate from federal but obviously a change would trigger something provincially as well.

This is going to be a long night. It’s ridiculous how slow the vote is coming in. Especially when the advance vote is being counted by tabulator.

Fine for me, only 11am here.

What is with the big numbers on CBC's screen. They just show the seats they're leading in, with a pathetic 5%(?) counted. It's not a projection, it's meaningless. And it doesn't even say what % it represents. Bizarre.

Fine for me, only 11am here.

What is with the big numbers on CBC's screen. They just show the seats they're leading in, with a pathetic 5%(?) counted. It's not a projection, it's meaningless. And it doesn't even say what % it represents. Bizarre.
It’s just after 10PM for me. I have about a hour before I have to give up and deal with the night terrors the lack of a clear answer is going to give me. Well typically we’d have some decent numbers in at this time and they definitely weren’t prepared for such a small amount of the vote. The 2019 election was called within a few hours. I started watching the coverage of the 2015 election as I left work and was watching Rachel’s victory speech shortly after I got home.

OMG only a third of their tabulators are working! Jebus. You don't just need election-Jebus Antony, you need the whole AEC.

Yup, better luck next time mate.
IDK if there will be a next time. Rachel Notley is unlikely to remain leader of her party and I’m not sure there’s someone with her charisma waiting in the wings to succeed her. Looks like we’re probably headed back to being a one party state.

(cough)...glad you like elections, Timmy
was interesting to see the Canadian side, Kingston
Here is just a humourous video from 2020 which is part of the long drawn out nuttery of our next Presidential election in November 2024...
GOP Jesus

If...a strong if...anyone is interested in US Politics. After 8 years of Drumpf & 4 years of Biden (not including his 8 years as veep to Obama) November 2024 we'll either have Biden or "probably" Drumpf running. Pray for us, I'll post some videos until youse guyse tell me to cease & desist lol
You only had four years of Trump. Adding to my suspicions you're not legit.

Back