Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

I came here in Spring 2021 to watch BBAU (since my Discord chat group chided me for revealing a spoiler lol) & stayed for the generally witty banter. I especially appreciated The Australia point of view when I got bogged down w/US politics (life long Democrat here). Hoping I can still find relief. It's astounding to me that half the USA still supports Drumpf in his effort to completely disrupt the 2024 Presidential Election. I can't imagine any country, 1st world to the nadir of civilization which would try to overturn an election.
Here is Project Lincoln's most recent as well as its origin story

NZ General Elections as well as the referendum in Australia today - keeping an eye of websites for both countries for results, but not feeling overly celebratory....

NZ General Elections as well as the referendum in Australia today - keeping an eye of websites for both countries for results, but not feeling overly celebratory....

Labour decimated in NZ, and Antony Green has just called the referendum lost. Ugh. But I'm not surprised.

no I am not either.

I caught a bit of 7.30 on Thursday night and Steve Khouw, formerly from Australian Survivor was on it. He was a big NO campaigner. I tuned in just as he was saying something about Asian people didn't have a voice so Indigenous people shouldn't either. FFS.

And if the name doesn't ring a bell he's this bellend:

1697274258647.png

I caught a bit of 7.30 on Thursday night and Steve Khouw, formerly from Australian Survivor was on it. He was a big NO campaigner. I tuned in just as he was saying something about Asian people didn't have a voice so Indigenous people shouldn't either. FFS.

And if the name doesn't ring a bell he's this bellend:

View attachment 59866

What a dumb cunt 🙄

Labour decimated in NZ, and Antony Green has just called the referendum lost. Ugh. But I'm not surprised.

From Bluesky: Interesting snippet I heard from the NZ election. National got seven times more funding via donations than Labour.The billionaires will be happy.

I had an Israeli boyfriend for 7 years & lived on two different kibbutzim. I believe in a two state solution for Israel & Palestine. However, after last weeks terrorist massacre of murder, rape& kidnapping, I know that Hamas must be defeated. Unfortunately, our President is shackled by the crazy Republicans who can't get a Speaker of the House. Even w/a united Senate, it's hard to help out a war (Ukraine & Gaza) so handicapped. Anyway, my main prayer is for the hostages to be rescued/diplomatically exchanged & that the conflict is resolved quickly. Enough soapbox from a Yank.

I had an Israeli boyfriend for 7 years & lived on two different kibbutzim. I believe in a two state solution for Israel & Palestine. However, after last weeks terrorist massacre of murder, rape& kidnapping, I know that Hamas must be defeated. Unfortunately, our President is shackled by the crazy Republicans who can't get a Speaker of the House. Even w/a united Senate, it's hard to help out a war (Ukraine & Gaza) so handicapped. Anyway, my main prayer is for the hostages to be rescued/diplomatically exchanged & that the conflict is resolved quickly. Enough soapbox from a Yank.
Here is an extraordinary tale of a retired general rescuing his kibbutz family as well as a sad, sobering one from another kibbutz although there were survivors. #60minutes
#IstandwithIsrael #HamasTerrorists #HamasWarCrimes

Here is an extraordinary tale of a retired general rescuing his kibbutz family as well as a sad, sobering one from another kibbutz although there were survivors. #60minutes
#IstandwithIsrael #HamasTerrorists #HamasWarCrimes
(btw thanks for letting me vent here away from the Yank clusterfuck where half the population believes that Joe Biden stole the election from Drumpf & want him relected so they can pardon all the bad guys)
Here's a more detailed account of the Kibbutz family saved by his retired general father. He's a reporter for HaAretz & has a great perspective on Israeli politics & the #IsraelHamasWar. Cheers!

(btw thanks for letting me vent here away from the Yank clusterfuck where half the population believes that Joe Biden stole the election from Drumpf & want him relected so they can pardon all the bad guys)
Here's a more detailed account of the Kibbutz family saved by his retired general father. He's a reporter for HaAretz & has a great perspective on Israeli politics & the #IsraelHamasWar. Cheers!
Details of the music festival turned into a massacre

Haha! W/apologies to the amazing Bill Waterson & his cartoon Calvin & Hobbes,
there is an entire subReddit devoted to Donald & Hobbes!
#TrumpIsALaughingStock #FlipCongressBlue2024 #ReformSCOTUS #NRABloodMoney #IstandwithIsrael

Last edited:
Israel was born in 1948
Gaza & the West Bank in 1967 after losing the Six Day War
Gaza is 25 miles long by 5 mils wide w/2 million people
I believe in a two state solution. I'm a nurse & my Israeli Dr then bf works for Doctors w/o borders. He's there now in Gaza.
As a Yank, it's idiotic that we should tell Israel what to do. We dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, not to mention Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan et alia
Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.
Pax vobiscum

Other nations need to hold others accountable. Even more so when enabling their behaviour. If you're the sort of person who supports/agrees/indifferent to what is going on. You should stop, think and know where you would have been in history when the "never again" horrible stuff went on.

Back