Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Hey guys do we have a political thread here?

I want to see what the right and left post in here, or is it all lefty?

From memory Derz (who seems to have gone missing or probably just been busy taking down bleeding hearts elsewhere) did start a general politics thread but much like Abbott's first budget it didn't quite get off the ground. We did have a pretty decent thread on the Liberal leadership drama though.

As for the forum split I'm sure there's a few sneaky Right is Right peeps out there. *cough* @bleachy_dude *cough* They're just not as vocal as some.

From memory Derz (who seems to have gone missing or probably just been busy taking down bleeding hearts elsewhere) did start a general politics thread but much like Abbott's first budget it didn't quite get off the ground. We did have a pretty decent thread on the Liberal leadership drama though.

As for the forum split I'm sure there's a few sneaky Right is Right peeps out there. *cough* @bleachy_dude *cough* They're just not as vocal as some.
Ha! You might be a little bit surprised about where I sit on some things then ;)

I swear I remember you saying you were a Liberal voter because I remember being real proud of myself for still being friends with you. :p
I did vote liberal in the recent election. Yes.
Our politics are hardly right and left anyway. They're both basically centrist and sway due to public opinion.

Reactions: Tee
I swear I remember you saying you were a Liberal voter because I remember being real proud of myself for still being friends with you. :p
Oh and the main reason I voted liberal was due to the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd crap. I think we need stability, now I'm left without a hope. I actually thought we might have some stability.

I do think Howard years were golden years for our country in many (but not all) ways.

I did vote liberal in the recent election. Yes.
Our politics are hardly right and left anyway. They're both basically centrist and sway due to public opinion.

Yeah that's a pretty fair statement. Though I don't think you could claim Abbott was ever a centrist.

Ultimately I don't care how people vote. So long as they try and have a basic understanding I'm happy.

I do wish we had a viable third party in this country though. The two party system cab be a bit of a drag sometimes.

Oh and the main reason I voted liberal was due to the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd crap. I think we need stability, now I'm left without a hope. I actually thought we might have some stability.

I do think Howard years were golden years for our country in many (but not all) ways.

I'm not well versed in his politics as it was a little before my politically aware times bit I do remember him being the first and only Liberal PM my mother voted for mainly because it was to the great displeasure of my abuela.

Yeah that's a pretty fair statement. Though I don't think you could claim Abbott was ever a centrist.

Ultimately I don't care how people vote. So long as they try and have a basic understanding I'm happy.

I do wish we had a viable third party in this country though. The two party system cab be a bit of a drag sometimes.
Clive Palmer?!? HAHAHAHA.

Yeah true re: Abbott. However he was not our president. Just the leader of the party we elected.

Clive Palmer?!? HAHAHAHA.

Yeah true re: Abbott. However he was not our president. Just the leader of the party we elected.

Ha! My bestie actually voted for Clive and I mean for him.

As for the whole PM vs President thing I'm fully aware of their differences but the leader of any party is always a reflection of which party faction is in favour ie power ie in charge of policy.

Yeah actually given a choice I would have voted for Howard over Abbott.

The man can't put a sentence together without looking like he needs to be wound up..

As for Turnbull hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shiny salesman in shiny suit selling the same shit.

PM Turnbull - the pick of a bad bunch., in all parties atm, I would say ...... I wonder where Jackie Lambie has been lately - thinking about it, haven't seen her around on the media for ages!

PM Turnbull - the pick of a bad bunch., in all parties atm, I would say ...... I wonder where Jackie Lambie has been lately - thinking about it, haven't seen her around on the media for ages!

That's because she hasn't shot her mouth off yet and said more stupid shit like she usually does. Give it time.

I bat TA is really loving Donald Trump. They would both make a good team "snicker"

I can't believe the LNP bowed to the likes of Telstra and Foxtel and have basically shafted the NBN as it would have been a future proof investment in infrastructure but you know can't upset Rupert the old c**t........

OMG Counsela your name reminds me of my old game character in Defiance.

Counsela Bananahammock

Ha! My other alter ego.

tumblr_llc5paswbq1qgvo7ho1_500.gif

Yeah actually given a choice I would have voted for Howard over Abbott.

The man can't put a sentence together without looking like he needs to be wound up..

As for Turnbull hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shiny salesman in shiny suit selling the same shit.
I've never voted Liberal in my life and certainly won't start now, but I would've voted for Howard over Abbott any day. I agree re Turnbull. A bit smooth for me. Surely nobody would take Trump seriously. They're just 'supporting' him for the laugh. When it comes to voting on the day, how many will really go there for him?

Back