Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

But why are you worried about political fairness on Facebook when Newscorp exists?

And as I’ve said before I don’t hate Trump I despise him. Hate, fear and anger are always foolish things in politics. As a person in many ways I pity him, but he should never be given any position of power.

Why accept Facebook being shit, when you despise Newscorp? Would people be so lax towards Facebook if Newscorp bought it instead of Myspace?

Trump's base was often brought together with hate, that hate went to elites, ruling establishment and also towards migrants, refugee and others. Yet there is a lot of hate on the other side of US politics, except it's at their fellow citizens. That hate is being used to justify bringing in a totalitarian police state.

America is fucked because extremes on both sides have been stuck in feedback loop echo-chambers driving them insane with fear and paranoia.

Why accept Facebook being shit, when you despise Newscorp? Would people be so lax towards Facebook if Newscorp bought it instead of Myspace?

Trump's base was often brought together with hate, that hate went to elites, ruling establishment and also towards migrants, refugee and others. Yet there is a lot of hate on the other side of US politics, except it's at their fellow citizens. That hate is being used to justify bringing in a totalitarian police state.

America is fucked because extremes on both sides have been stuck in feedback loop echo-chambers driving them insane with fear and paranoia.

It also helped Trump that his opponent during the 2016 election was Hillary Clinton. A charmless Washington insider.

Lol WA....

Kirkup needs to run for PM. I think he is better suited for the Labor party. We need our own version of Trudeau.

If we're lucky, Scumo won't see the end of Autumn.
An absolute flog of the highest order. Australia deserves so much better. Old Joshy getting excited I think..

Reactions: kxk
So we taking bets on how long ScoMofo has left? And who we're going to get instead. 🥔
Oh Consuela (someone) you need to explain the potato to me... (please). Because ... overseas. Out of the loop a little bit. Someone who looks like a potato or ... what?!

Oh Consuela (someone) you need to explain the potato to me... (please). Because ... overseas. Out of the loop a little bit. Someone who looks like a potato or ... what?!

1616530211420.png

Minister of Home Affairs, Voldermort Impersonator and all round fuckwitt.

He brought down Turnbull only to be pipped by Scomo in the vote for the new leader. Can’t imagine he has any great loyalty to Scomo.
I have a view that the Biloela family in detention on Christmas Island is only still there at Dutton's insistence. Perhaps he has threatened Morrison that if he lets them return to Australia he would have another go at rolling him.

I have a view that the Biloela family in detention on Christmas Island is only still there at Dutton's insistence. Perhaps he has threatened Morrison that if he lets them return to Australia he would have another go at rolling him.
Why that family in particular? Why does he seem to have it out for them?

Well then they better start taking Queensland seriously.
Valid point.
To be fair, I consider myself a swing voter, but I will never vote for this current LNP Federal Government headed by Scumo and his band of incompetent fuckwitts.
I also don't believe Albo is the right person to lead the Labor party.
The next Federal Election will be very, very interesting, and I have a feeling it won't be Scumo or Albo leading their parties by the time it rolls around.

Valid point.
To be fair, I consider myself a swing voter, but I will never vote for this current LNP Federal Government headed by Scumo and his band of incompetent fuckwitts.
I also don't believe Albo is the right person to lead the Labor party.
The next Federal Election will be very, very interesting, and I have a feeling it won't be Scumo or Albo leading their parties by the time it rolls around.

Who will be leading Labor?

Back