Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

It is both fascinating and horrifying to watch a person like Trump implode. Just reading now he is refusing to pay rudy gulianis legal bills. The only lawyer willing to still represent you right now, no matter how bad he is, is not the guy to piss off when you have just incited a coup
My thinking on this is:

Rudy: Donald, I have so much dirt on you, you need to keep me on as your lawyer.

[later]

Trump: Rudy, I have so much shit on you I don't need to pay you.

I thought not paying and making people go to court to get the money he owes them was a standard part of Trump’s business model.

Yes, Twitter exercised their right to not promote the government’s political agenda.

I feel it's more about the disturbing influence these tech giants have over the political narrative that concerns me. Everyone is excited because it's evil boogeyman trump, but I'm just thinking of the bigger picture here. What if they decide to ban Sander's Twitter account? I feel it's all too easy to blindly get caught up in Trump hate that your intelligence is clouded by emotion, young oddjob.

I feel it's more about the disturbing influence these tech giants have over the political narrative that concerns me. Everyone is excited because it's evil boogeyman trump, but I'm just thinking of the bigger picture here. What if they decide to ban Sander's Twitter account? I feel it's all too easy to blindly get caught up in Trump hate that your intelligence is clouded by emotion, young oddjob.
It would depend on what they are banning Sanders for? I can't imagine him comitting a banable offence but did you have one in mind?

I am happy they have blocked Trump right now because right now because his emotional state about no longer being the president has made him unstable and dangerous. In some ways no longer letting him tweet is for his own good right now. He has already been impeached. Words he puts in writing could lead to civil and criminal law suits in the future, and he doesn't seem to have many lawyers left.

i'm sure befuddled biden the creepy centrist will be busy looking after his hollywood elite and technology buddies.

The Trumps are finished. They'll all be in prison in 2024. Kamala though will almost certainly be up.
Prison is still up in the air... That said the Trump name is tainted. Republicans have been slowly backing away from that family since 01/06.

IMO Ted Cruz is the current front runner. He’s managed to gain favour with the Trump Republicans and seems to be leveraging it to his advantage. I also think he’ll be able to further Republican support by slowly pushing to keep the Trump Family and their caravan at arms length.

Admittedly I’m just talking from a legal perspective. Yes social media have had the benefit of unaccountability given to them, and are now rather hypocritically dabbling with it, presumably in hopes of avoiding real accountability.

But why are you worried about political fairness on Facebook when Newscorp exists?

And as I’ve said before I don’t hate Trump I despise him. Hate, fear and anger are always foolish things in politics. As a person in many ways I pity him, but he should never be given any position of power.

Back